SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

i think lucarion is most probably going to be a pokeball character. like scizor in melee.

If a character replaces another character, they better both be pretty similar, i.e. Lucas replacing Ness.

Lucario replacing Mewtwo is a more likely affair.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
If a character replaces another character, they better both be pretty similar, i.e. Lucas replacing Ness.

Lucario replacing Mewtwo is a more likely affair.

dmaster out.

Thats true. Im just wondering when they will update the site with something new. Im getting tired of seeing Lucas: Final Smash
everytime I look at the site. Anyways, im still not sure which character im going to play is in Brawl. Possibly the Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu or Sonic but I think I will use those the most.

I hope Lucario does not replace Mewtwo because Mewtwo is the best Pokemon you can have and Mewtwo is nearly indestructible to almost every attack so Mewtwo has to come back but the chances are very high that Lucario could replace Mewtwo because of the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl earlier this year so I could highly see this happening but I hope Mewtwo is not replaced by Lucario.:) EDIT. Control settings have been added to the site and a Gamecube controller can be used for sure. I was a bit skeptical at first when they first showed the controller functions but the Gamecube controller can be used with this game

ok, you really have to use end-sentence marks more...
and refer to the same pokémon by him or it...it's rather boring to read ur comment:p

ofcourse gc-controller can be used, some1 said that in the vids...
i like the idea of you being able to save the buttonsettings on your remote :d:d
rather handy, but i'll be using the gc-controller probably:p

greets;
psycho

It's nice to know what the controls exactly are. I might change around some settings so grabbing becomes easier, maybe change down on the control pad to grab, shield and jump are easier performed with the nunchuck anyways, and down is the easiest accessible button on the remote other than A and B. I know A+B=grab, but chances are you accidentally use an A or B move. So, well, if it's possible, i might change A+B to smash, that might just make smashing way too easy, just the way I like it :F

lol smashing always was easy, on the gc you just use the c-stick....:p
if you want to charge it, just press a just after tilting the c-stick:p

greets,
psycho

xxashxx said:
I hope Lucario does not replace Mewtwo because Mewtwo is the best Pokemon you can have and Mewtwo is nearly indestructible to almost every attack so Mewtwo has to come back but the chances are very high that Lucario could replace Mewtwo because of the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl earlier this year so I could highly see this happening but I hope Mewtwo is not replaced by Lucario.Smile EDIT. Control settings have been added to the site and a Gamecube controller can be used for sure. I was a bit skeptical at first when they first showed the controller functions but the Gamecube controller can be used with this game
I was not that impressed with Mewtwo in SSBM. The only thing that was noteworthy about Mewtwo in SSBM was his throwing abilities. I preferred Jigglypuff, and to a lesser extent, Pikachu, over Mewtwo.

With that being said, Lucario would be an interesting choice as a playable character. Other than Pichu, we have not gotten any playable characters that are not from the 1st generation.

I wonder what the final roster number will be... they have slowed down considerably in revealing characters that are in the game.

BTW, PSI / PK Starstorm looks awesome. I will most likely be using Lucas as one of my frequently used characters. He has a nice array of attacks, both special and non-special. PSI / PK Freeze seems to be better than PSI / PK Flash from SSBM.

It seems the only chance of Ness being in SSBB is if he had a modified movelist that at least makes him different enough from Lucas. Even then, I would consider the addition a bonus, as it seems as though his chances of making it are very close to non-existant.

ah finally a control switch

wow you could get so convoluted with control switches

i use a gcn controller...i probably won't make any changes...but i might...like a grab button that doesn't make you shield half the time...and isn't a button combo (i like R+A cause you can grab out of a shield but i a lot of time just shield or use an "a" attack)

I should've said that I hope they don't replace Mewtwo just for Lucario, because I liked Mewtwo and they have vastly different movesets, so it doesn't seem right that both of them can't be in.

New controller settings are nice, I'll use the GC Controller the most with different button configurations, but I also might use the Wii Remote with Nunchuk, because the Smashes are way easier when you shake the Remote, than when you do a button/control stick. Also, it's good that you can save the settings to the Remote, like almost any other game.

dmaster out.

i think i know what zero suit samus's fianl smash will be.
she will be able to get back into her power suit (i saw it on a video on youtube)
but i wonder what zelda will be like? will sheik still appear? and will she have her own final smash?
i think it's about time they ad Luigi and C.Falcon.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
xxashxx said:
I hope Lucario does not replace Mewtwo because Mewtwo is the best Pokemon you can have and Mewtwo is nearly indestructible to almost every attack so Mewtwo has to come back but the chances are very high that Lucario could replace Mewtwo because of the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl earlier this year so I could highly see this happening but I hope Mewtwo is not replaced by Lucario.Smile EDIT. Control settings have been added to the site and a Gamecube controller can be used for sure. I was a bit skeptical at first when they first showed the controller functions but the Gamecube controller can be used with this game
I was not that impressed with Mewtwo in SSBM. The only thing that was noteworthy about Mewtwo in SSBM was his throwing abilities. I preferred Jigglypuff, and to a lesser extent, Pikachu, over Mewtwo.

With that being said, Lucario would be an interesting choice as a playable character. Other than Pichu, we have not gotten any playable characters that are not from the 1st generation.

I wonder what the final roster number will be... they have slowed down considerably in revealing characters that are in the game.

BTW, PSI / PK Starstorm looks awesome. I will most likely be using Lucas as one of my frequently used characters. He has a nice array of attacks, both special and non-special. PSI / PK Freeze seems to be better than PSI / PK Flash from SSBM.

It seems the only chance of Ness being in SSBB is if he had a modified movelist that at least makes him different enough from Lucas. Even then, I would consider the addition a bonus, as it seems as though his chances of making it are very close to non-existant.

I am just wondering why you did not like him in Melee because he had impressive power especially with his lightning foot. That did a lot of damage and his Shadow ball was awesome but it forced you back but while charging it did major damage. You can do a lot of damage if you know how to use Mewtwo. I can do about 600 KO's per hour with the handicap settings on. Anyway Wide screen and a Donkey Kong music have been added to the site.:)

I can confirm that ZSS's Final Smash is get-suit-back-attack. It may sound lame, but hey, at least your opponent didn't get the Smash Ball.

And whoooooooooooooooooa man, that old school DK mix is hot.

My brother thinks they haven't posted any of Zelda's special moves because they don't know if they want to add Sheik or not. I told him they're probably way too far in production to consider adding more characters, and that their character selection is more than likely long since completed.

To me it doesn't matter if she's in or not. I'd like to see the special moves of the characters revealed so far before learning about any new guys. Or girls. Like Daisy. :>

Wow, who saw widescreen coming? These updates are so awesome!!

^agreed. I yes I also argee, they should have a character update soon.

Wide-screen, ...

The DK sounds fun, but, well, today wasn't the best day of updates, to say the least.

Day so-many, still no jiggly...

I guess we can expect a Pokémon character within the month, because Pikachu won't suffice to lure Pokémon fans into buying this game no matter what, including the smaller fans.

Ya, one more person probly will come in (moxt likely Baby Bowzer or Lucario) to make it an evem 12 new comers and 12 old school people. And if Lucario doesn't make the Brawl then it will basicly be confirmed for a Pokeball spot.

Water Pokémon Master said:
It BETTER be Lucario, Mewtwo, or Jigglypuff. :p

I am hoping for Mewtwo because Mewtwo is just the best and strongest Psychic Pokemon there is. Mewtwo is basically the Psychic form of Charizard.:)

Back