Suggestions / Feedback for Website and Forums

i was thinking and remember THINKING! maybe WPM could make a way for members to personalize there profiles. not like Bio's but like setting backgrounds and telling more about yourself. also, people can comment on you profile page. to sum it all up, i am pretty much asking WPM, if you could just make our profiles a little more personal?

You^ mean like Facebook or MySpace?! I'm not sure I would even like having that.

dmaster out.

well i was wondering. i just thought it would be fun if we could do that. anyway you dont have to do it anyway. i still want to be able to do that though.

Are you going to put up scans for the Promo and Japan-only cards? Oh, and the Unseen Forces Lugia ex isn't working.

WPM can't just make up news. News comes as it does. 5th Generation news might not come for a while, so just be patient on specific news stories.

dmaster out.

when i click on the moon hunting/night dashing translations page, it just gets me back to the main page

That is because we lost most of the pages during the server transfer. WPM is making everything from scratch now.

I say why don't we have a thread. YOU know like a place where anyone can go to spam istead of doing it every where else it gets on my nerves.

I came up with this idea from some forums site about digimon the had a thread called the Spame toilet. People started a bunch of threads and people spammed them up but it kept the rest of the forums from being spamed.

SO why not start one?

There was one started two years ago. It got locked immediately, because it made the forum look full of rubbish. People were still spamming in other places. It's not because they spam on purpose; they just don't know how to post.
random guy said:
i think ur team rocks
That's spam, but you can't put it in a spam thread.

Here's an idea I had. Why don't you put more video game information on the main page? Not just news, but stuff like the stuff serebii has so we don't have to go to multiple sites. I don't like supporting his site when he bashes other webmasters.

~DogMaster40

DogMaster40 said:
Here's an idea I had. Why don't you put more video game information on the main page? Not just news, but stuff like the stuff serebii has so we don't have to go to multiple sites. I don't like supporting his site when he bashes other webmasters.

~DogMaster40

I'm sure WPM doesn't want to do what other people already excel in, since WPM prefers in excelling in things like TCG, where competitors are rare.

I've been recently visiting PokéBeach here and there and have come to like this site. However, I am less interested in the playing cards aspect of the Pokémon Franchise and more so involved with competitive battling. So to help, I thought I would give some ideas that could perhaps help move PokéBeach in the direction of competitive battling while avoiding becoming a Smogon clone:
1. If PokéBeach wants any chance of being involved, we would have to focus on the Wi-Fi Metagame. There is no simpler way to say it other than Smogon controls every aspect of the Shoddy Metagame; if someone on Smogon says Shaymin is good, Shaymin usage goes up. If someone on Smogon says that Deoxys-E is not an Uber, than it will be tested for OU. There is nothing we have to do in the Shoddy Metagame. However, while they have delved deeply into game mechanics, they are lacking on the intricate aspects of the Wi-Fi Metagame, a subject I consider myself to be knowledgeable in. Wi-Fi is to be our priority.

2. A Moveset Analysis. This will be reflective of the Wi-Fi aspect of the game, as we will have to form it in a way that is no the Smogon Analysis. Let me give an example. The Smogon Competitive Pokédex presumes that every Pokémon will have max IVs, as such is on Shoddy. This being unimaginable on Wi-Fi, we must give more description in our EV Spreads to allow players to have the flexibility assuming an IV or two are lower than the norm. No one is going to have a Baton Pass Zapdos with 31/30/30/31/31/31 and HP Ice 70, so we have to create a moveset and EV Spread that players will be able to use with something having much lower IVs.

3. Research and Guides. It would be good for PokéBeach to have research on game aspects to show that we are serious about being a competitive battling site. Along with that, guides act in an identical manner. They show that we have the knowledge and commitment to be a competitive battling site.

These three points are what I feel should be addressed if we want to be a competitive battling community. The first point is more of a mindset rather than tangible (or should I say e-tangible) material, but I cannot stress its importance. Anyways, I'd love to here comments that more seasoned PokéBeachers have on my views. ^_^ Thanks.

Pulse said:
I've been recently visiting PokéBeach here and there and have come to like this site. However, I am less interested in the playing cards aspect of the Pokémon Franchise and more so involved with competitive battling. So to help, I thought I would give some ideas that could perhaps help move PokéBeach in the direction of competitive battling while avoiding becoming a Smogon clone:
1. If PokéBeach wants any chance of being involved, we would have to focus on the Wi-Fi Metagame. There is no simpler way to say it other than Smogon controls every aspect of the Shoddy Metagame; if someone on Smogon says Shaymin is good, Shaymin usage goes up. If someone on Smogon says that Deoxys-E is not an Uber, than it will be tested for OU. There is nothing we have to do in the Shoddy Metagame. However, while they have delved deeply into game mechanics, they are lacking on the intricate aspects of the Wi-Fi Metagame, a subject I consider myself to be knowledgeable in. Wi-Fi is to be our priority.

2. A Moveset Analysis. This will be reflective of the Wi-Fi aspect of the game, as we will have to form it in a way that is no the Smogon Analysis. Let me give an example. The Smogon Competitive Pokédex presumes that every Pokémon will have max IVs, as such is on Shoddy. This being unimaginable on Wi-Fi, we must give more description in our EV Spreads to allow players to have the flexibility assuming an IV or two are lower than the norm. No one is going to have a Baton Pass Zapdos with 31/30/30/31/31/31 and HP Ice 70, so we have to create a moveset and EV Spread that players will be able to use with something having much lower IVs.

3. Research and Guides. It would be good for PokéBeach to have research on game aspects to show that we are serious about being a competitive battling site. Along with that, guides act in an identical manner. They show that we have the knowledge and commitment to be a competitive battling site.

These three points are what I feel should be addressed if we want to be a competitive battling community. The first point is more of a mindset rather than tangible (or should I say e-tangible) material, but I cannot stress its importance. Anyways, I'd love to here comments that more seasoned PokéBeachers have on my views. ^_^ Thanks.

I completely agree with Pulse on this.

We need to be much, much more involved in the WiFi metagame.

Pulse has wonderful views about the future of our website. Since the TCG news and scans updates come out like clockwork, we can focus primarily on the games, specifically competitive battling, to attract a larger audiance. Since there are several sites that feature information on battling, it's important that we do focus on making our information different. The Wi-Fi metagame is being jeopardized by the significance of Shoddy Battle, so we need to analyze the tiers and move sets that should be standard on Wi-Fi.

Great point all of you I can't wait to see what WPM has to say about this!

I agree with this idea 100%!

i dont know if this goes here and this is a really noobish question but is there a link back to the homepage from the forum???

Prof. Shinx said:
I don't know if this goes here and this is a really noobish question but is there a link back to the homepage from the forum??
pokebeachhomepage-1.jpg

Or were you looking for the main page of the forum?

Back