Suggestions / Feedback for Website and Forums

Off topic suggestion: We should have a "Other Anime" forum as a sub-forum in the Anime Talk forum.

Agree. I really think that is a good idea. If there's sub-forum 3D-games which is almost useless, then Other Anime would be a great idea.

:F

(Not that I have a huge problem with this cause I have high speed internet but...)

I suggest you consider making a rule of how large a picture in your signature can be. Not in hight x length, but in file size too. There are pictures on peoples signatures, that even though they go by the forum signature size rules, the banners file size is HUGE. I've encountered two of these so far and even with my high speed connection they took a while to load (as in I saw it load. That normally won't happen)

The one that made me point this out, was a picture in a signature that was 640 pixels wide and 151 pixels high. Not bad. Completely within the forum rules. BUT, its file size is 511.01 KB (523276 bytes)!!! Yikes!!!
For a comparison, there is a banner (roughly the same size, a bit bigger actually) that is 670 pixels wide and 144 pixels high with a file size of 82.67 KB (84649 bytes).

There most likely won't be a rule about it, but I just had to come to whine about this (cause I don't have a life...).

Poor modem users... (If there are any left these days :p)

Mewstor said:
(Not that I have a huge problem with this cause I have high speed internet but...)

I suggest you consider making a rule of how large a picture in your signature can be. Not in hight x length, but in file size too. There are pictures on peoples signatures, that even though they go by the forum signature size rules, the banners file size is HUGE. I've encountered two of these so far and even with my high speed connection they took a while to load (as in I saw it load. That normally won't happen)

~Agree, but there are many people that just copy the image location (URL) from some other site and put it in the sig. That means, they don't know file size. Some people don't even know, how to view the file size from some file on your computer...

The one that made me point this out, was a picture in a signature that was 640 pixels wide and 151 pixels high. Not bad. Completely within the forum rules. BUT, its file size is 511.01 KB (523276 bytes)!!! Yikes!!!
For a comparison, there is a banner (roughly the same size, a bit bigger actually) that is 670 pixels wide and 144 pixels high with a file size of 82.67 KB (84649 bytes).

There most likely won't be a rule about it, but I just had to come to whine about this (cause I don't have a life...).

Poor modem users... (If there are any left these days :p)

Poor modem users indeed... (8Mb/sec here...)

Kevin Garrett said:
Absol said:
Also, the HP/EV/EXP/Level thing is dumb. A User Online or not bar is better, of an infractions one is nice, to see how many spams the user have to make before he is going to be banned :p

On the contrary to what you said, I am a fan of the HP/EV/EXP/Level bars. No other (rival) forums have a feature like that, and from a few people from other websites, have complimented on the ingenuity of it.

Ok, perhaps it should stay. It's just that up till now not many people actually know what the EV bar stands for. But Imo the Infractions bar should be added; it's kinda like Reputation, only the whole world sees it all the time and everyone can have it. So, members will think twice before spamming, since the whole world will be able to see how many times the person has spammed. After a fortnight, the bar will be emptied.

Absol said:
Kevin Garrett said:
Absol said:
Also, the HP/EV/EXP/Level thing is dumb. A User Online or not bar is better, of an infractions one is nice, to see how many spams the user have to make before he is going to be banned :p

On the contrary to what you said, I am a fan of the HP/EV/EXP/Level bars. No other (rival) forums have a feature like that, and from a few people from other websites, have complimented on the ingenuity of it.

Ok, perhaps it should stay. It's just that up till now not many people actually know what the EV bar stands for. But Imo the Infractions bar should be added; it's kinda like Reputation, only the whole world sees it all the time and everyone can have it. So, members will think twice before spamming, since the whole world will be able to see how many times the person has spammed. After a fortnight, the bar will be emptied.

There's also the downside that if a newcomer comes, they'd see the level system and might think a spammer as a person to look up to. Of course I'm just assuming, but when I joined I thought that someone who was lvl 42 had more credilbility than someone lvl 21.

Zaroco said:
Absol said:
Kevin Garrett said:
Absol said:

There's also the downside that if a newcomer comes, they'd see the level system and might think a spammer as a person to look up to. Of course I'm just assuming, but when I joined I thought that someone who was lvl 42 had more credilbility than someone lvl 21.

Is the colour red a good sign? Is green a good sign? Compare this and this. Who would you look up to? :p

You need to get scans of the promo cards, or if you already have them make them easier to access through the home page.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Not everyone has reputation, you know. >.>

If everyone had reputation, n00bs will receive negative remarks. They see the comments and will probably listen to it. Look at LV. The negative comments have made stop creating spammy clans, and overall, stopped her spammy replys.

The Pokemonbeach.com forums aren't really that active so I think there should be should be something for that.
I don't know if there is already one but do we have a referal system?

Hey Water Pokemon Master, I have a few things I'd like to talk with you about.

1. ADMINISTRATION

Uhh, I don't know, but I haven't seen an administrator really 'handling' the Fan Creations board. I have alot of past experience as an administrator and I love Pokemon as well as video games. My point is, I want to be an administrator. Even though I would specialize in the Fan Creations section I can quite easily run several other forums as I am as you might say a 'Pokemon Guru.' I know that I'm slightly new here but considering my previous experience and all I figured we may be able to circumvent that. If you still want some time to get to know me better or anything I think that would be fine, and if you don't want me then I understand.

2. FAN CREATIONS

As I said, I haven't seen anybody really paying much attention to the Fan Creations forum. My first project as an administrator would be to make subforums for fanfictions, roleplays, spriting, and art. This would organize the forums so that we don't have to dig through the seas of fanfics or shops to find the Pokemon Academy roleplay or whatever. I would manually sort all the topics here for you, so there's no hassle for you.

3. AVATAR

Not a direct question about the site, but your avatar is awesome. Where did you get the art? If they have any awesome Arcanine art it now belongs to me.

Stryker Z said:
Hey Water Pokemon Master, I have a few things I'd like to talk with you about.

1. ADMINISTRATION

Uhh, I don't know, but I haven't seen an administrator really 'handling' the Fan Creations board. I have alot of past experience as an administrator and I love Pokemon as well as video games. My point is, I want to be an administrator. Even though I would specialize in the Fan Creations section I can quite easily run several other forums as I am as you might say a 'Pokemon Guru.' I know that I'm slightly new here but considering my previous experience and all I figured we may be able to circumvent that. If you still want some time to get to know me better or anything I think that would be fine, and if you don't want me then I understand.

2. FAN CREATIONS

As I said, I haven't seen anybody really paying much attention to the Fan Creations forum. My first project as an administrator would be to make subforums for fanfictions, roleplays, spriting, and art. This would organize the forums so that we don't have to dig through the seas of fanfics or shops to find the Pokemon Academy roleplay or whatever. I would manually sort all the topics here for you, so there's no hassle for you.

3. AVATAR

Not a direct question about the site, but your avatar is awesome. Where did you get the art? If they have any awesome Arcanine art it now belongs to me.

Porygon said:
These are not questions the staff of PokeBeach wants to hear, we've heard it a lot. Asking to be anything above a regular forum member (other than strategist) will take away any chance you had of becoming one. It lets the mods know that you have mod or something similar as a set goal, and that you might do whatever you can to get there. So if it is a goal of yours to become a mod - keep it to yourself.

Q and A Time:

Q: CAN I B STRATEGIST?
A: Yes. ...but not now. (unless the time has actually come) When we are looking for new members under this position we will make it clear that we are accepting new people, and will require you to do whatever it takes to become one. (Like writing a practice paper) Don't ask about becoming one, because it will be made obvious in the future when we are letting new people in.

Q: HOW DU I BEOME A MOD?
A: Behave in the forums, think about your posts before you make them, never-ever spam. Even if you meet all these requirements, we still may not pick you. We only have mods picked when we feel that we need more.

Q: I WNAT TO BE A HALF-OP IN CHAT!
A: Patience, frequent visits, (to the point where the OPs can recognize you pretty well) being kind to other members, and little spamming will give you some sort of chance of becoming at a half-op in the chat room. Again, no guarantees.

Q: SUPERMOD/CHAT OP STAUS PLEZ.
A: Only proving yourself as a half-op or mod is going to get you here.

Q: CAN I BE FORUM ADMIN? I WILL DO A GOOD JOB!
A: This is the easiest position to attain. You begin by creating your forum, and voila! Instant admin! Congratulations!

Please read this above. If you ask for being any of staff member groups, it'll lower your chance for being one. But if you ask for being Administrator... that directly tells that you don't know almost anything about this forum. Do you know who was Holy Star? He was Super moderator and he turned evil :)F). He deleted many posts,... WPM does NOT have that much trust after that. You don't know almost anything about these forums... got the point? All moderators/strats,... did something good for the forums. You just didn't do anything yet... The whole post even shows, that you didn't read the stickified threads...

You may have been Admin somewhere before, like on free forums with almost no members, but that just shows you're not that good. if you were admin on any active forums, you could have showed the prove...

Ehehehe... darnit. That's what I get for writing past midnight. Something always bad happens to me. ;_;

You see, I typed that up past midnight... then I posted it here. Well, it was just bound to happen that something should happen. This time, it was 'administrator' instead of 'moderator.' Ehehehe.
I understand if he wants to watch me a bit more, and have me spend more time as a member, but I just don't want to be disqualified right off the bat, and I would like it if I got a chance - ridden of typos, of course. :D

There could also be a sub-forum for shops in the Fan Creations section. It's not a necessity but it would be easiar to find them.

You know, we should have a stickied "Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer" Thread like Smogon does. It would eliminate some clutter. Maybe there could be one in both the upper and the lower forums.

Arzamo said:
You know, we should have a stickied "Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer" Thread like Smogon does. It would eliminate some clutter. Maybe there could be one in both the upper and the lower forums.
I was thinking about that too, but... isn't that thread in Smogon for competitive battling questions? Btw, I made a thread like that before, and it got owned.
Pokemon Noobiepie said:
Ok a Question How do I not become banned from the chatroom?
What do you mean you're banned? Explain.

Like you know I can never go on it says I am permantly banned....Is there a way to fix that and haha in your face SILVER! I am not banned!

Back