Suggestions / Feedback for Website and Forums

From what I heard last time, instead of the HP EV EXP Level thing, we had something which told us whether the user was online or not.

That's what I heard. Perhaps if this thing (if it existed) came back again... Actually, you can click on their profile and look under the last visit section. It will tell you the exact time to user made an action on the forums.

The Who's Online list (complete version) also shows that.

WPM, please delete the whole Pokemon Battle Arena forum, or move the important threads (ie: PE2K vs PB) somewhere else. No leagues are being challenged, half of the Gym Leaders aren't even active (therefore eliminating any attempt at going up in the "gym hierarchy"), and the majority of the leagues have stalled because of a lack of members.

[/b][/size]IMO, the 3th Gen help should be moved into with the 1st and 2nd one. This makes the 4th Gen threads have more...value? :)

Also, the HP/EV/EXP/Level thing is dumb. A User Online or not bar is better, of an infractions one is nice, to see how many spams the user have to make before he is going to be banned :p

Merge the Mini-modding thread with the rules thread!
Merge the I wnat to be a ??? with the Newbie guide, for great justice!

Seriously, the Site Discussion has too many stickied threads.

Not just the Site discussion, look at this:

omgal4.png

There are 2 Team Building guides (lol), Emerald Cloning Glitch should be sent to the previous Gens Forum, Team Building Guides should be deleted since the RMT Forum already has it, the Currently Closed thread can stay, Info about Shiny Pokemon has to be sent to the previous Gens forum (Sorry AEX, too bad you didn't update it:p), Shiny Pokemon ... PokeRadar, Official Shiny Discussion Thread, D/P Walkthrough, D/P Cloning Glitch all can stay. My interpretation of the Gaming Idscussion is that the current Gen (4th) Strategies and In-game help can be discussed in it.

That's all, folks!

Arzamo said:
WPM, please delete the whole Pokemon Battle Arena forum, or move the important threads (ie: PE2K vs PB) somewhere else. No leagues are being challenged, half of the Gym Leaders aren't even active (therefore eliminating any attempt at going up in the "gym hierarchy"), and the majority of the leagues have stalled because of a lack of members.

Most of of the posts now (in a many leagues) are just hidden bumps keeping the thread from dying. I don't think it's nessacery to delete the whole forum, but I don't think that they should be turned into some chat room for league members.

Imo, the Sub-Forums of the Gaming Discussion should be split up into Main Forums. Also, the Other Games Sub-Forum should be deleted, and tpoics should be moved to the Misc. Stuff Forum.

Question. Why don't you just delete every SPAM message you see/get reported? There is even the plus side of it lowering the SPAMers post count. When the messages are left to linger there, someone could report them again by accident. That creates unnecessary reporting, and the post keeps taking space on the forums.
I'd just go around and delete every SPAM message I see. If they continually SPAM or brake others rules, PM him/her a warning.

Just venting. I'm still hoping this forum would start turning in a better direction.

Ah yes, I just deleted one of the post you reported. We do delete spam, but only those kind of spam that is random, like "pikachu", and not "hi i am a 7 yr old kid wanna battle me"?

Absol said:
Info about Shiny Pokemon has to be sent to the previous Gens forum (Sorry AEX, too bad you didn't update it:p)

Lol, I did update it. And yes, I agree on merging threads, merging the smaller threads into the main threads. =]

Señor Noobnerd said:
Ah yes, I just deleted one of the post you reported. We do delete spam, but only those kind of spam that is random, like "pikachu", and not "hi i am a 7 yr old kid wanna battle me"?

So everything else stays and lets the poster have his/her post count and let the pointless message crowd a thread? Ok then. I just don't agree with that policy but then again I don't have to. Thanks for replying.

Absol said:
[/b][/size]IMO, the 3th Gen help should be moved into with the 1st and 2nd one. This makes the 4th Gen threads have more...value? :)

Also, the HP/EV/EXP/Level thing is dumb. A User Online or not bar is better, of an infractions one is nice, to see how many spams the user have to make before he is going to be banned :p

Merge the Mini-modding thread with the rules thread!
Merge the I wnat to be a ??? with the Newbie guide, for great justice!

Seriously, the Site Discussion has too many stickied threads.

Not just the Site discussion, look at this:

omgal4.png

There are 2 Team Building guides (lol), Emerald Cloning Glitch should be sent to the previous Gens Forum, Team Building Guides should be deleted since the RMT Forum already has it, the Currently Closed thread can stay, Info about Shiny Pokemon has to be sent to the previous Gens forum (Sorry AEX, too bad you didn't update it:p), Shiny Pokemon ... PokeRadar, Official Shiny Discussion Thread, D/P Walkthrough, D/P Cloning Glitch all can stay. My interpretation of the Gaming Idscussion is that the current Gen (4th) Strategies and In-game help can be discussed in it.

That's all, folks!
The Diamond and Pearl forum should come back and all the gaming stuff should be moved into GBA games or something like that. There are 39 pages in the Gaming discussion forum and there should only be about 15-18
pages. The sub forums cab be made into one big sub forum called Other Pokemon/Non-Pokemon games and the last sub forum can be called other and the Rate my team and time capsule and the other thread that is there can all be moved into other. That will clear up most of the extra junk and make the forums look cleaner too.:)

Absol said:

On the contrary to what you said, I am a fan of the HP/EV/EXP/Level bars. No other (rival) forums have a feature like that, and from a few people from other websites, have complimented on the ingenuity of it.

Mewstor said:
Señor Noobnerd said:

So everything else stays and lets the poster have his/her post count and let the pointless message crowd a thread? Ok then. I just don't agree with that policy but then again I don't have to. Thanks for replying.
Everything else like? Could you give me an example?

The example I gave above was from a random new member. If it came from an experienced member, it would have been deleted immediately. This is because the random new members need a chance to learn.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Mewstor said:
Señor Noobnerd said:

Everything else like? Could you give me an example?

The example I gave above was from a random new member. If it came from an experienced member, it would have been deleted immediately. This is because the random new members need a chance to learn.
It's difficult to specify what posts exactly, but the ones that irritate me the most are the ones where the poster has probably "thought" something like... "I have nothing new to add to this thread, my post goes a bit off topic, but I just need to post an answer cause It'll add to my post count" and just saying something in a different way than what has already been said. That's why I think closing topics is so vital as soon as the correct all explaining answer to the original question has been given. "All has been said, no more answers needed". And I see that a lot here and that is good, but not enough in the TCG questions forum.

Some posts just scream at your face "Yay, I gained experience. I'm a high level member who rarely has anything useful to say. I just like to post when and where ever I can".
Really, I'm not saying "Just delete it all!!!" But at least the ones that were clearly made just to add post count with nothing useful to add to the thread.

And a further example. The One Star thread. I hate how people just keep repeating themselves X( You should have notified in the thread somehow "SPAM allowed" or something XD

And for the record, I'm not trying to be some "whiny all non-functional corrector" and I hope you don't see me like that. I'd just like to make a point (even in some little part of my post). And hey! I don't have much else to post. Like said in one of my posts (now deleted) why my post count is so low (when some members who have been on this forum as long as I've been, would have reached at least lv.40 already) is because I only post when I really have something to say, and really wanna say it.
I understand newbies. I understand young people. And most of all I understand I have no power over this forum. But I just need to bring out my own view of things sometimes. Just don't take me too seriously. Sometimes I just have nothing better to do :p

I must say, I agree with you there. I've always been thinking of hoping for a rule that a member should read each post in the thread to avoid repeating something a member has said earlier. That will reduce the number of spam.

Btw, I saw three of your reports. I don't understand what's wrong with them being in TCG Questions, since I don't play the TCG.

Señor Noobnerd said:
I must say, I agree with you there. I've always been thinking of hoping for a rule that a member should read each post in the thread to avoid repeating something a member has said earlier. That will reduce the number of spam.

Btw, I saw three of your reports. I don't understand what's wrong with them being in TCG Questions, since I don't play the TCG.

For an example, I just reported a couple of typical "I'm just repeating what has already been said, just for the enjoyment of posting. And hey! It increases my post count!".

And I didn't like the posts being in the TCG Questions area cause they weren't actually TCG rules related. I still think that area should only be for rulings/game play procedures/current format and other questions like that. For example, "What should I play with this and this" are more on general TCG related discussions since there is no definite answer to them.

Ok, but anyway, for your latest three reports, we can allow one or two repetitive posts, so that answers can be confirmed, seeing that there are many noob answerers in TCG Questions. However, MANY repetitive questions are a different story = spam.

I think that the TCG sections are in dire need of somebody to take care of them. And I am certain that the One Star thread is about that...I hope you choose somebody responsible enough to do it.

Other than that. I do not have any problems with this place. Keep up the good work and good luck in College.

And no. I do not give people the pleasure of sucking up to them. Even if that person happens to be big and popular ;)

Señor Noobnerd said:
Ok, but anyway, for your latest three reports, we can allow one or two repetitive posts, so that answers can be confirmed, seeing that there are many noob answerers in TCG Questions. However, MANY repetitive questions are a different story = spam.
And that would be ok if the majority of the answers were correct. I've seen threads with 7 wrong and 2 right answers. Who is the thread starter supposed to believe? What is there to confirm if the majority of the posts keep confirming the wrong answer :/ (I even made a thread out of this so look there for my view on this is you want)

Back