Suggestions / Feedback for Website and Forums

Pokemon Noobiepie said:
Like you know I can never go on it says I am permantly banned....Is there a way to fix that and haha in your face SILVER! I am not banned!

Well, that's probably because one of the OP's (I don't know if Half-op's can) banned you from the chatroom.

[18:35] Connecting...
[18:35] Logging in...
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Checking ident...
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** Received identd response
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /quote pong 7FCF2834 or /raw pong 7FCF2834 now.
[18:35] -thundarr.dejatoons.net- *** You are permanently banned from DejaToons (spamming pokebeach)
[18:35] Error : Closing Link: PBGuest[udp000922uds.hawaiiantel.net] (User has been permanently banned from DejaToons (spamming pokebeach))
[18:35] Disconnected from irc.dejatoons.net

You were banned from Dejatoons for spam. Lol >_>

You need to get a new ISP. Believe me, once they banned me for impersonating ChanServ, I did got one and it worked.

I sugggest that you emphasize that here (Site Discussion) is a place where all the rules are, a newbie like me don't know because the description of Site Discussion is very different,

I also suggest that MODs please move all the shops or Fanfics from Fan Art thread to the sub forums.

Silver said:
They only moved the ones that weren't dead.

But still, I hope they read my previous post to help my fellow newbies, I'm trying to accomodate them but instead I'm intimidated to them. :(

Hmm, you're right. Most members don't even know where to find the rules. Let's see...

Not uch you can do about that except either repost it as a permanent announcment or just make it a permanent announcment so it will appear in all sections...but that still won't make them read it...

Of course I can't do much. I can't even post a forum announcement. But WPM will be able to work wonders...

How can he really effect anything? He can't know if they read them or not they could just be lying >.>

Since it will be "more obvious", they cannot give the excuse that they have not informed that forum rules exist.

Ya...somehow he could make it so once you register it would link you to the rules so the person couldn't say they didn't know the rules exist.

I was thinking you could do with an introductions section, where new members can post an Intro topic and get to know forum members and recieve some tips and advice. Most other forums have one, and I'm having trouble figuring the best places to start getting to know people, so could have done with it myself. :)

Elegost Eruaphadion said:
I was thinking you could do with an introductions section, where new members can post an Intro topic and get to know forum members and recieve some tips and advice. Most other forums have one, and I'm having trouble figuring the best places to start getting to know people, so could have done with it myself. :)

It's against the rules to make those threads. If you wanna get to know people, just be an active member.

Max Shade IV said:
Elegost Eruaphadion said:

It's against the rules to make those threads. If you wanna get to know people, just be an active member.
They are only against the rules because there isn't a proper forum to post introduction threads. I don't think it's a bad idea since there are a lot of members who post threads in the wrong forum because they don't know where it belongs.

Kevin Garrett said:
They are only against the rules because there isn't a proper forum to post introduction threads. I don't think it's a bad idea since there are a lot of members who post threads in the wrong forum because they don't know where it belongs.

Agreed, but there are also people who post in the wrong forums for things when the right forums are clearly labeled.

Max Shade IV said:
Kevin Garrett said:

Agreed, but there are also people who post in the wrong forums for things when the right forums are clearly labeled.
That's true. Now, if there was a forum to introduce yourself, there wouldn't be an excuse for that. :p

Back