Suggestions / Feedback for Website and Forums

I think that the mods should sticky more topics. It's really just a matter of convenience, but it would also prevent people from making topics about the same thing. Let's face it what would you rather do: look through 15 stickied threads for something or hundreds of other threads. Threads that generate discussion have a way of getting to the top of the page but what if it's just good information? I pesonaly wouldn't mind looking through a few extra stickies.

And while I giving suggestions here's another. I think we should have more "official" threads made and stickied. If there's multiple threads asking questions about something or discussing similar things why not just make one thread where people can post, instead of them all going off and making thier own threads?

There's also a lot of outdated stickies, as long as you adding you might as well update them.

here is a radical idea. ive read that people are making pokebeach a crowded place. well, i have also read about 30 million posts that accuse people of hacking. i have an idea. what if there is a sector where all hackers do not have to be ashamed of being hackers, and they can just be rerouted to that sector of Pokebeach? i mean a "hacker" sub forum. It just seems practical. That way, people and mods dont get into fights when one side is lying. It probably sounds like a radical idea. but its a suggestion.

Yeah, I think Gallade makes alot of sense in his suggestion (Although I'm NOT a Hacker people are always asking are the pokemon hacked)

IMO, a hacker forum would just encourage people to start hacking. People might even think we support hacking. And after reading WPM's story, I don't think we do :p

Remove this: Forum is Locked
at the bottom of the main forum page. Either that or start locking some forums. :p

Also, Fan Creations could be divided into two sub-forums: Shops, and Fan Fics.

articuno1508 said:
Remove this: Forum is Locked
at the bottom of the main forum page. Either that or start locking some forums. :p

Also, Fan Creations could be divided into two sub-forums: Shops, and Fan Fics.
I'm hoping for something like that too. But WPM is a busy person.

About the stickied threads thing, we cannot have too many stickied threads in any forum. 5 is too many already.

Señor Noobnerd said:
About the stickied threads thing, we cannot have too many stickied threads in any forum. 5 is too many already.
You physicaly can't or you aaren't supposed to, it doesn't make sense to me not to sticky more threads.

No, we are trying to reduce the number of stickied threads...

Ask PMJ to explain. :D

We also need another subforum for (video game) team rates. In-game teams should be banned from being rated.

articuno1508 said:
We also need another subforum for (video game) team rates. In-game teams should be banned from being rated.
Even the moderators have been pushing WPM for this. I don't think we will have it anytime soon.

Get rid of the "Official Shiny Pokemon Thread" or whatever crap title it is. I realised that it is a useless thread, with little or no intelligent discussion in it whatsoever. I suggest un-stickying it. That thread is a major warehouse of spam. If anyone needs a place to track which shinies he/she has, just go create a "My Player" Thread.

Also, Merging the "Mini-Modding" Thread with the PokéBeach Forums Rules thread would be good, since it makes the place less cluttered with stickyed threads.

Btw, Making a Competitive Battling Discussion & RMT Sub-Forum would make the place more neat, since the Tiers, the EV/IV/Natures Guides and the Team-Building Guide would then be seperated, making it neater. Also, people will not be bombarded with In-Game Team Rating threads, or "Where can I find ???" theads.

Absol said:
Get rid of the "Official Shiny Pokemon Thread" or whatever crap title it is. I realised that it is a useless thread, with little or no intelligent discussion in it whatsoever. I suggest un-stickying it. That thread is a major warehouse of spam. If anyone needs a place to track which shinies he/she has, just go create a "My Player" Thread.
That thread was stickied to reduce OTHER shiny threads. Why do you think we have that thread stickied in General Pokemon Discussion when its also a whole pile of crap? Stickied threads are not stickied only for importance and contributions, but also to reduce other kinds of these threads.
Absol said:
Also, Merging the "Mini-Modding" Thread with the PokéBeach Forums Rules thread would be good, since it makes the place less cluttered with stickyed threads.
No veteran member reads the rules, because they know the rules already. Why would they read an edit without being notified? Anyway, mini-modding is getting out of hand and needs its own thread.
Absol said:
Btw, Making a Competitive Battling Discussion & RMT Sub-Forum would make the place more neat, since the Tiers, the EV/IV/Natures Guides and the Team-Building Guide would then be seperated, making it neater. Also, people will not be bombarded with In-Game Team Rating threads, or "Where can I find ???" theads.
Many people have suggested this many times, including moderators and super moderators; WPM is busy, VERY busy (I saw his work) making the new site content. But it's still the first change that should be done to the forum.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Absol said:
That thread was stickied to reduce OTHER shiny threads. Why do you think we have that thread stickied in General Pokemon Discussion when its also a whole pile of crap? Stickied threads are not stickied only for importance and contributions, but also to reduce other kinds of these threads.
It's not in the General Pokemon Discussion, but in the Gaming Discussion. Also, Shiny threads are already useless, why sticky one Official and Useless one, when members can post their shinies in their My Player thread? Even if they want to tell the world that they're lucky, they can still do so with a My Player thread.
Absol said:
No veteran member reads the rules, because they know the rules already. Why would they read an edit without being notified? Anyway, mini-modding is getting out of hand and needs its own thread.
Veteran members would have read the thread by now. Duh! Merging the threads together would put everything in one place by now.
Absol said:
Many people have suggested this many times, including moderators and super moderators; WPM is busy, VERY busy (I saw his work) making the new site content. But it's still the first change that should be done to the forum.
He can easily make a new forum with the click of a button, and force ask a moderator to transfer all the threads over.

Absol said:
Señor Noobnerd said:
Absol said:
It's not in the General Pokemon Discussion, but in the Gaming Discussion. Also, Shiny threads are already useless, why sticky one Official and Useless one, when members can post their shinies in their My Player thread? Even if they want to tell the world that they're lucky, they can still do so with a My Player thread.
Even though they are in different forums, the same concept applies. Anyway, My Player threads are for trading. The stickied thread is for boasting.
Absol said:
Veteran members would have read the thread by now. Duh! Merging the threads together would put everything in one place by now.
We are just trying to make it a big issue. Holy Star wants postcount. Also, it deserves its own thread because, as I said earlier, it's one of the major issues we have to tackle on this forum.
Absol said:
He can easily make a new forum with the click of a button, and force ask a moderator to transfer all the threads over.
WPM must have his objections to it since he can do it so easily and even staff members have recommended it.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Absol said:
Señor Noobnerd said:
Absol said:
Even though they are in different forums, the same concept applies. Anyway, My Player threads are for trading. The stickied thread is for boasting.
You mean, we are encouraging people to boast? I mean, those who post there sensibly either want to keep track of their shinies, or wants the world to know, so they can trade it off. For the first one, one can easily save a list in his/her built-in Notepad in their PokéBeach Forums account; for the latter, one can create a My Player thread/signature containing their Shinies.
Absol said:
We are just trying to make it a big issue. Holy Star wants postcount. Also, it deserves its own thread because, as I said earlier, it's one of the major issues we have to tackle on this forum.
Yes, it is a major issue, but the rules is the no. 1 thing we must obey. With it included in the rules, we have no reason not to comply to it.
Absol said:
WPM must have his objections to it since he can do it so easily and even staff members have recommended it.
What are the bad points that comes out from this? Does it actually make the forum look smaller, or make it more neat? Even you want it :p

No one's coming. Darn it, why should I post in a sticky no one's going to read/care about? By next week, if it's still ignored, I'm going to post a new thread.

Absol said:
No one's coming. Darn it, why should I post in a sticky no one's going to read/care about? By next week, if it's still ignored, I'm going to post a new thread.
Post it now. No one reads this thread anyway.

maybe make a forum for pokemoncrater to organize trades or cheats and that stuff
more than 50,000 peaopleplay it so I guess it would be good

Back