Team Transform- Shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team Transform- HG/SS PR's over. What will be good? What're you playing for states? Discuss!

~Thank you~ jumpluff is descent.

RE: Team Transform- HG/SS PR's over. What will be good? What're you playing for states? Discuss!

^There's really only 1 thing I don't like about jumpluff...and that is all the low-HP basics. It's too easy to donk, IMO. But if your low-HP Basic is a Pichu, I suppose it doesn't matter. :p

TYROGUE DONK FTW.
Just had to say that, sorry. Low HP Basics hurts it, funny same problem really as Gyarados...

yeah, but Gyarados plays enough extra basics, like Sableye and Luxray that it's not a problem. Jumpluff just plays Hoppip, Baltoy, some Pichu, and some Sunkern. [and Unown G]

I no longer run pichu..just run 3 googley 3 bebe 2 collector 2 communicator 2 uxie. very easy to get the complete set up.

Thats why i honestly think Donphan won't shine on it's own. Donphan and Rampardos? FlyPhan? Any of those sound good?

I like this one personally
Donphan/Blissey it also leads to immediate upgrade when Ursaring comes out. FlyPhan is IMO going to best for it, but only cuz of Flygon. Also Donphan/Machamp seems like a better version of RampChamp, more consistent.

The Power of Three said:
You mean his weakness ISN'T grass? And Donphan doesn't OHKO Jumpluff, Jumpluff's got 90 HP. You'd need an Expert Belt AND a Plus Power.

Yeah, Also I always have a way to get a pluspower or three energies to gaurantee one shot you.

You need an expert AND 3 plus power, Jumpluff has resistance to Donphan buddy.

3 energies? And you think you can beat jumpluff with that strategy?

^
I agree w/Wailerman by the time you get three energies on him Donphan is KO'd.

Ok, my analysis of states meta:
Donphan-(Flygon, Rampardos) Will run rampant. Feraligatr will be used BARELY for fear of Jumpluff.
Jumpluff: Considering the decks starter is a free prize to gengar, and that Jumpluff only has 90hp means that Jumpluff is all hype. LikeAmphytric, BlastCatty, and many others, it's going to make people take it into account without it actually being a factor.
Gatr: Might be played, Jumpluff threat looms high to anyone who doesn't realize how easy the thing is too kill however, so not that many will be played.
FlyChamp: Donphan Seems like a step up, but donkability is a plus.
QueenGar: advantages include killing babies and Hoppips. Power sniping is always awesome. Because he kills babies, the decks new name is Abortion XD
Dusknoir: Believe it or not, he's pretty viable. Killing Jumpluffs bench, spreading and the like make him a decent contender.
Shedinja (0_o): Gengar immune, Donphan immune, *NOT* dialga proof. Has some autolosses for sure, so still rogue.
Rampardos: Mold Breaker Made this card amazing. Belted Pardos OHKOS Jummpluff, 2 Pluspowers extra and bye bye Donphan. Beware of Garchomp.
Dia;gaChomp: um... HGSS didn't help this team much, Donphan has built in precautions to deal with it. Still, will see lots of play.
Blaziken: Donphans 4 retreat makes this guy happy. Belt it and bang, Donphan's dead.
LuxChomp: Propably will see less play with Donphan, but still kills techs and runs over anything unprepared.
ToolBox: Great Deck, constant 60 or 50 snipe makes this one fun.Jumpluff dies quickly to this deck.
Charizard: With good Draw, now Charizard really shines. 130 for 3? Fisherman for constant draw? Yes. Jumpluff Killer? Yes. A flygon with decent power swing is still winning though. More damage than Charizard, And more versatile.
Kingdra: Propably better than Donphan, since It OHKOS donphan with the only bad part being discard, which Kingdra makes up for. Chances are, Kindra is the Superior deck to make a Comeback at states, especially with Fisherman. Loses to the Luxray tech however, so be prepared. Not weak to Jumpluff but PP OHKOs that too. And Charizard. SPs should be ready for a fight.

On Topic: Or, I free retreat Donphan with RR Flygon and use Power swing FTW. DCE.

You forgot to add that Jumpluff variants almost ALWAYS run Landmin to get rid of that sickening 90 HP.

Oh yeah.... Still Loses to the 'Gar though.

That one is true. It will always lose to gengar, poltiergeist FTW!!!

gengar... really. the card's terrible and only scrubs will ever like it. I would like to resign from this team.

You don't have to be rude about it.

dmaster out.

@LOLMonster: Nice analysis, but I spotted a few errors [because that's the kind of person I am. :p]
LOL at the new QueenGar name.
FlyChamp has gotten a lot better, and Donphan really isn't a step up. Flygon gives Claydol/Dusknoir/Machamp/Whatever free retreat, still hits LV. X's for 150, and the oh-so lovely card called Double Colorless was reprinted, allowing for a T1 Call energy, T2 Double Colorless PowerSwingDonk.
Dusknoir kills more then sitting Jumpluffs, I personally have this deck made [with proxies], and it spreads to anythin needing more than 1 energy to attack, including Typhlosion Prime, Gengar, Other Dusknoirs, Charizard, and FlyChamp. However, it does hurt that people can easily et around spread with Kingdra or Jumpluff, needing only one energy to attack [at least with the Spirit Pulse Duskmnoir]
Kindra does not OHKO Donphan Prime, unless Kingdra's got an Expert Belt or 2 Pluspowers, Donphan reduces 120 with weakness to 100.

The Power of Three said:
@LOLMonster: Nice analysis, but I spotted a few errors [because that's the kind of person I am. :p]
LOL at the new QueenGar name.
FlyChamp has gotten a lot better, and Donphan really isn't a step up. Flygon gives Claydol/Dusknoir/Machamp/Whatever free retreat, still hits LV. X's for 150, and the oh-so lovely card called Double Colorless was reprinted, allowing for a T1 Call energy, T2 Double Colorless PowerSwingDonk.
Dusknoir kills more then sitting Jumpluffs, I personally have this deck made [with proxies], and it spreads to anythin needing more than 1 energy to attack, including Typhlosion Prime, Gengar, Other Dusknoirs, Charizard, and FlyChamp. However, it does hurt that people can easily et around spread with Kingdra or Jumpluff, needing only one energy to attack [at least with the Spirit Pulse Duskmnoir]
Kindra does not OHKO Donphan Prime, unless Kingdra's got an Expert Belt or 2 Pluspowers, Donphan reduces 120 with weakness to 100.

Kingdra DOES Ohko Donphan, it OHKOs a belted Donphan. Let me show you:

Kingdra's attack:
60+20(Expertbelt)= 80.
80 X 2= 160 (Donphan's weakness)
160-20= 140 (Donphan's body)

If Donphan has a belt, he has 140 HP. If you look at my calculation, Kingdra OHKOs. Donphan's body takes into effect AFTER weakness and resistance, not BEFORE.

^OH, Belted KIngdra. Sorry, I was calculating Kingdra w/o belt.
60X2=120
120-20 = 100.
That was my bad, sorry. :p

States is coming fairly soon... I could run Dusnkoir or Blissey at this point. What do you think I should play?

I think neither because I think they both aren't good. Sorry?!!? :( :) :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back