BW/BW2 The Future Games Speculation Thread

Hard to say, but it might be a prototype that Nintendo secretly revealed. I extremely, highly doubt that the R/S/E remakes will be on 3DS, 'cause the majority of the population doesn't have a 3DS. Maybe 6th Gen will be for 3DS, but definitely not the remakes that are currently in the DS generation. I mean, no one can fake an image that good. Maybe they just devised their own art and put in a 3DS case. Then shot the photo in a white room with a plastic card making it "official". Yeah dude, it's fake.

If they make the remakes on the 3ds, it might encourage more people to buy the 3ds. They are making a remake of black and white for the 3ds, I was talking to a judge at worlds and he told me.

I am not sure a person would want a 3DS just to play Pokemon. It's like buying a PS3 to play the upcoming Twisted Metal game, or buying a Xbox 360 just to play some Halo: Reach. Of course, if i save some money, i might be able to scrounge up enough to buy a 3DS. That's going to be hard, like playing Halo: Reach on Legendary for the first time hard.

More on topic, how sure are you for the 3DS Grey game?

It's not grey, it's a literal remake of black and white. It's black and white, with some glitch fixes and such, but for the 3ds, so it'll be 3d. And a judge at worlds told me.

Oh, so are they gonna fix the walkthrough kinks, and what about the difficulty of the game itself? And just to be clear, it's a remake, so no Grey yet?

More on topic, maybe they'll release the R/S/E remakes and Grey on both DS and 3DS. Save a lot of people trouble, and a lot of money, too. I mean, would Nintendo let those without a $170 handheld device suffer 'cause they can't rack up the cash to keep up with pokemon? Or leave a whole lot of Pokemon fans behind just 'cause they don't want to haul around a large hand-held system that costs about as much as a Wii?

I am not sure the details on grey, but I'm pretty sure that they will have bw remakes. I'm not sure the details, just that it will be made. Also, it is still on-topic to talk about future games, hence the title of the thread.

Okay, so in percentage (%) how sure are you that there will be R/S/E remakes? @ pokemonjoe and supergamefreak

@Emboar7 I would be about 99% sure because although people say 3rd gen is compatible with 5th gen it's actually NOT! well not directly I mean who wants to take their 3rd gen team pal park it to their 4th gen game then pokeshift it to their B|W. The poke shifter was created so gen 5 can directly connect with gen 4 so technically gen 5 isn't compatible with the 3rd gen at all. Then if you wanna trade over the GTS people ask for the STUPIDEST trades, I mean seriously people ask for a lvl100 Latios and offer a lvl1 Torchic. Who in they right mind would trade a lvl100 legendary for a lvl1 starter I mean seriously if you are going to ask for a trade over GTS atleast offer something of EQUAL value (ie. a starter for a starter, a legendary for a legendary). So a R|S|E remake would make sense so that way B|W can DIRECTLY connect to the 3rd gen and make it easier. And besides they usually release remakes for the 10th anniversary (with the exception of FR|LG which was released 8yrs after the original) and for R|S that is Fall 2012 (November 21st) so they might be closer than we think.

@supergamefreak It's not all that odd for some to buy a 3DS to play pokemon. I bought a DSlite just to play pokemon when I got Pearl because I knew that from then on Nintendo was going to make Pokemon games for the DS systems only until they made a new system so once the first pokemon for the 3DS comes out that's the end of the Pokemon life on the DS so if people want to keep playing the new pokemon games they are going to buy the system so that they can. They could just keep playing old games but that eventually gets boring if you do it too much.

Edit: Out of curiosity If anyone reads Japanese look at the pick Emboar7 posted and tell me the name of that remake. I know it could be fake but I just wanna know for the fun of it :).

But the DS didn't cost nearly as much as the 3DS does. It doesn't have enough games on the system to make it worth the cost. If you seriously want to pay that much only to play a Pokemon game, then you will soon lose much of that money you must be swimming in.

@ShadowArceus That's true the only reason I was able to do it was because I rarely ever spend money so I always have money saved up and even with the price cut of the 3DS that thing is still a ton of money. So unless this person is an extremely good saver, has a job, or their parents spoil them to death so they get whatever they want,part of my last post would not apply.

@ OMGxShante

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it. But if there is a remake for R/S will it be on the 3DS?

Emboar7 said:
But if there is a remake for R/S will it be on the 3DS?

Nobody knows. We aren't even sure than there is one, or how long it will be in, let alone what system it would be for.

@Emboar7 That I'm not sure of it could be the last pokemon game for the ds or it could be the first for the 3DS if and when they are reveal then we'll know for sure but to my post before there is still a 1% chance that they wont remake them although that would be kin of stupid.

Note: These are NOT real statistics so people please don't ask for proof this is just the way I see it.

Since Game Freak is so predictable, we know that the third version will come out in 2012, 2 years after the first two. This happened in RS and DP, so it's extremely likely it'll happen again.

@ShadowArceus that is true and I was thinking the same thing but it could also be like the 3rd gen when the remakes came before the 3rd version so at this point it can go either way. so with the 10th anniversary of R|S coming up & the whole 3rd version comes 2yrs after the pair, It's just the matter of what they are going to release first.

I just seen another really good point that makes it highly likely that we will be getting remakes. someone just mentioned this to me when I mention the lack of capability gen3 has with gen5:

"What's probably just as important is that the DS Lite will most likely be discontinued soon after Christmas, if it hasn't already been. Cause it's like, nearly eight years old and there's three newer models out to fill the shelves (DSi, DSi XL and 3DS)

At that point, it will only get harder to get your hands on a system that can actually let you play R/S and Pal Park with them. "

I didn't even think about that. It's only a matter of time before the DS Lite disappears completely then only the people with DS Lites & The R|S|E games will be able to experience the Hoenn region again since the DSi|DSi XL|3DS are not compatible with GBA games.

OMGxShante said:
@ShadowArceus that is true and I was thinking the same thing but it could also be like the 3rd gen when the remakes came before the 3rd version so at this point it can go either way. so with the 10th anniversary of R|S coming up & the whole 3rd version comes 2yrs after the pair, It's just the matter of what they are going to release first.

That's what it's up to.
We are certainly bound to have Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. After Pokemon Battle Frontier, May went to Johto. Another thing that hinted to HeartGold and SoulSilver. Then in the Dawn special that aired in Japan in February, we learn that she goes to Hoenn. So yes, we should definitely be getting Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. This isn't the only reason. There are many others such as Dive returning as an HM in Black and White.
I wanted to point this out.

There are a couple of signs I noticed while playing my Pokemon White, for example, the music, the emeralds in Clay's gym, the Backpack traveler in the Desert Resort. Haven't you guys noticed it too?

teeboy23 said:
That's what it's up to.
We are certainly bound to have Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. After Pokemon Battle Frontier, May went to Johto. Another thing that hinted to HeartGold and SoulSilver. Then in the Dawn special that aired in Japan in February, we learn that she goes to Hoenn. So yes, we should definitely be getting Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. This isn't the only reason. There are many others such as Dive returning as an HM in Black and White.
I wanted to point this out.

yea and there's the lack of compatibility I mention one page back.

If there are R/S/E remakes they should give several Pokemon evolutions like in D/P/P. For example, Plusle, Minun, Sharpedo, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper? Do you guys agree?

Being remakes, they won't introduce any new pokemon, being a remake of a game that already exists. MAybe they'll do that in Gen. 6, but not in a remake. And for the 3rd D/P game, platinum, they didn't introduce new pokemon, just 7 new forms for already existing pokemon. Those being:

Fan, Frost, Mow, Heat, and Wash Rotom

Origin Forme Giratina

Sky Forme Shaymin

Back