Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

RE: The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Greninja Tin: Nothing. Not even a holo.

Delphox Tin: Holo Raichu...

Chesnaught Tin: Decided against it since I had already wasted 40$ and got 5$ worth of cards. >_> Well 15$ if you count the promos.

these tins certainly seem like a bust, it makes you wonder if some tins are supposed to be better than the others? Its a shame because the promo cards look very nice and are probably the neatest XY promos so far.

Reggie McGigas said:
these tins certainly seem like a bust, it makes you wonder if some tins are supposed to be better than the others? Its a shame because the promo cards look very nice and are probably the neatest XY promos so far.

Getting two full arts out of my Chesnaught and Greninja tins, I'm pretty satisfied. (Because normally, I do get nothing!)

I don't understand the thought of there being better tins/pack arts/boxes for pull rates. It's all randomly repackaged stuff. >_>

Frost said:
I don't understand the thought of there being better tins/pack arts/boxes for pull rates. It's all randomly repackaged stuff. >_>

It should be, but we have seen higher and lower pull rates than what would be expected.

my sister got oshawott tin and some other tin and pulled gengar prime scizor prime shiny dialga shiny raikou and garchomp c level x and half of groudon kyogre legend

They are some good pulls, but none are really worth much anymore. Still great pulls nonetheless. Gengar Prime was about £35 in it's Prime, excuse the pun. Scizor was one of my favourite primes.

Mega Lucario BOX

2 holos
1 EX

I bought the three Kalos power tins with Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja EX-- and had some incredible pulls! Unfortunately I don't recall which pulls came from which tin, but...

FLF 107 M-Charizard EX [SR]
XY 79 Yveltal EX
PLF 86 Latios EX
PLF 109 Heatran EX [FA]

Needless to say, I was thrilled.

Tins and boxes (the ones like the Charizard Ex box, not booster box) are normally terrible as far as what you get out of them. I was thinking about getting a Delphox tin, but from what I've seen on Youtube, I've reconsidered lol. I'm guessing it's more of the tins having bad ratios, than everyone on Youtube having bad luck...

I was lucky though with the last three tins I got (won them at a steal from an eBay seller, only $30 for the three). They were the Keldeo Ex tin, and the two Kyurem Ex tins. Here were my pulls:

FA Thunderus
FA Keldeo Ex
Groudon Ex
3 holos

FA Keldeo alone made all three tins worth the buy :)

I bought 5 Mega Lucario Boxes. They all had at least 1 EX. But they are ridiculously huge and shipping cost a lot due to their size. I ended up opening them all when I was planning to sell 3...

Box 1
2 holos
Heracross EX

Box 2
M Lucario EX
3 holos
Korrina SR :D

Box 3
4 holos
Seismitroll EX (I have 9 in total)
Battle Reporter SR (blah. But what a great box. 6 out of 8)

Box 4
Lucario EX
2 holos

Box 5
Lucario EX
3 holos

A great product but shipping multiple of them costs quite a bit... settle for 2 or 3.

On the 19th I bought a Chespin box from Walmart, I already bought one awhile back but decided to get another, there was only two left in store. It contained a Palkia Full Art.

On the 20th I noticed a 1 pack + 1 Foil card with a Plasma Blast pack at Toys r us. I usually don't buy cards from TRU since they are overpriced but I was getting that feeling again and bought it, it contained a Virizion ex.

On the 21st I went to Target and bought some cards, I was in the checkout lane and noticed a red Pokemon pack behind some XY/coin/promo blisters, it was the only one there with a Plasma Freeze pack so I bought it. It contained a Latios Full Art.

In the past I pulled a Skyla Full Art from a lone Boundaries Crossed/Sampler pack from Target, and of course Dialga Lv. X, Rayquaza C. Lv X and a Registeel Ex from those 3 packs with the promo cards. Actually the same Target as the Skyla and Latios.

I recently bought the Kalos evolution tins, but I'm sorry to say the best card from the packs was the ACE SPEC card Scoop Up Cyclone. Good thing I bought them for the EX starter evolutions.

Yeah, very mixed emotions about these tins. I don't particularly want the EX's might stick with blisters.

I haven't bought any cards in a -long- time so I figured I would dust off my account and mention the pullrates of a tin I just bought today. :) Started getting back into collecting because my 8 year old cousin just got into it within the past month and I wanted to use it as a way to connect more with him.

Anyways, I bought the Yveltal tin and got nothing worthy from the 2 XY boosters but it also had 2 BW boosters in it and I got Keldeo EX (45/113), Kyurem EX (30/101), Pikachu (RC7/RC25) and Kirlia (RC9/RC25). I feel like that is decent but, i'm not entirely sure since it has been years since I bought any cards. Just figured I would share! :)

Pyroar Box
-------------
Yveltal EX
3 Rev Holo Rares (Snorlax, Grumpig, Florges)

Definitely a good box.

A friend's Greninja EX tin
------------------
Charizard EX (12/106)
Rhyperior Holo

In 4 Flashfire Blisters, I was able to pull a Dusknoir Holo, a Pyroar Holo, a Magnezone EX and a Mega Kangaskhan. As for reverses, they were Uncommons, one of which was another Dusknoir.

As for Elite Trainer Boxes, you're usually guaranteed at least 3 of any combination in Holos/EX's/Ace-Specs/Full Arts. In my XY box, I got a Zoroark, a Lapras, and a Raichu. In a Plasma Blast box I opened with a friend, she pulled a Porygon-Z, a G-Booster, and a Palkia-EX.

So I was just watching an opening of a Greninja tin on Youtube and the person got an Yveltal Full Art, a Juniper Full Art and a Dialga Ex. That was after opening 4 tins with only 1 holo rare.

So these Kalos tins seem to be really lopsided.

Back