DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

It first gets half of the exp from exp share, then the remaining exp is split equally between the pokemon that were in battle. It doesn't gain double the evs though.
Example:
60 EXP, 1EV
pokemon 1 fighting 15, 1 ev
pokemon 2 fighting w/exp share 45 exp (30+15), 1ev

Kyroid said:
Sir Pikachu said:
im all confused on how to migrate pokemon from saphire to diamond for the pal park. I don't even know where to begin can anyone help me out?

on another note, for some reason on all the pokemon in my party when I look at their summarys it shows a little frowny face next to their picture? none of the pokemon in my PC are like this? anyone know why?

Have you unlocked pal park yet
If you have Then when your at the menu click migrate when sapphire [Note sapphire has to be in the game cartridge] Then choose 6 pokemon in your Pc and click ok then go to pal park and go in then they will give you 6 pokeballs that work like master balls then you have them!

And are you sure they are not Smiley faces because I have never heard of a Frowny face but if they have a Smiley face that means they had Pokerus [A VERY good rare pokemon Illness] but not anymore

Kyroid

im not sure maybe they are smiley faces, nurse joy did say to me once that my pokemon were infected w/ pokerus...

what menu do i access? and in which game do i access the menu from? diamond or sapphire? i can't figure it out...

Sir Pikachu said:
Kyroid said:
Sir Pikachu said:
im all confused on how to migrate pokemon from saphire to diamond for the pal park. I don't even know where to begin can anyone help me out?

on another note, for some reason on all the pokemon in my party when I look at their summarys it shows a little frowny face next to their picture? none of the pokemon in my PC are like this? anyone know why?

Have you unlocked pal park yet
If you have Then when your at the menu click migrate when sapphire [Note sapphire has to be in the game cartridge] Then choose 6 pokemon in your Pc and click ok then go to pal park and go in then they will give you 6 pokeballs that work like master balls then you have them!

And are you sure they are not Smiley faces because I have never heard of a Frowny face but if they have a Smiley face that means they had Pokerus [A VERY good rare pokemon Illness] but not anymore

Kyroid

im not sure maybe they are smiley faces, nurse joy did say to me once that my pokemon were infected w/ pokerus...

what menu do I access? and in which game do I access the menu from? diamond or sapphire? I can't figure it out...

When you're on the start up screen where you select your file on Pokemon Diamond, there should be a "migrate from sapphire" option listed provided that sapphire is inserted in the GBA slot.

ok i found it. thank you ver much to everyone who puts up with my newbish questions.

one more, i read on bulbapedia but it still doesn't make sense to me... can someone please explain "chaining" to me??? i'd like to go after shiny pokemon...

Sir Pikachu said:
ok I found it. thank you ver much to everyone who puts up with my newbish questions.

one more, I read on bulbapedia but it still doesn't make sense to me... can someone please explain "chaining" to me??? I'd like to go after shiny pokemon...

Chaing for noobs:
Get your pokeradar handy
Get a strong pokemon
Use your pokeradar
Go in a grass patch that shook
Kill/catch the pokemon you find
Go to a distant patch that shook the same way the first kid.
Kill/catch it
Repeat 30-60 times
go to a patch that is a rainbow
it will be a shiny of whatever pokemon you've been seeing over and over.

Juliacoolo said:
Sir Pikachu said:
ok I found it. thank you ver much to everyone who puts up with my newbish questions.

one more, I read on bulbapedia but it still doesn't make sense to me... can someone please explain "chaining" to me??? I'd like to go after shiny pokemon...

Chaing for noobs:
Get your pokeradar handy
Get a strong pokemon
Use your pokeradar
Kill/catch it
Repeat 30-60 times

yah, i figured that out after i asked the question but how i nthe world do you run into the same pokemon 30-60 times? i know that you have a better chance of seeing the same one if you go to the farthest away patch of grass thats shaking but it seems impossible to get the same one 30-60 times... my highest chain so far are 8 starlys....

one more question: do all pokemon have a shiny form? or only a select few?

Sir Pikachu said:
Juliacoolo said:
Sir Pikachu said:

Chaing for noobs:
Get your pokeradar handy
Get a strong pokemon
Use your pokeradar
Kill/catch it
Repeat 30-60 times

yah, I figured that out after I asked the question but how I nthe world do you run into the same pokemon 30-60 times? I know that you have a better chance of seeing the same one if you go to the farthest away patch of grass thats shaking but it seems impossible to get the same one 30-60 times... my highest chain so far are 8 starlys....

one more question: do all pokemon have a shiny form? or only a select few?

All 493 do (also all 28 Unown Forms, 2 Giratina forms, 2 Shaymin's~Land & Sky forms & 4 forms of Deoxys).

Okay I'm really confused... I just finished going through Stark Mountain with Buck... he got the treasure in the middle of the volcano and the screen shook. Buck said something about how it might erupt but that probably won't happen. He said bye and left. I leave the volcano and nothing happens... isn't somehting supposed to happen here? I know that a legendary Pokemon called Heatran lives there but I don't see him anywhere... help?

You have to go to his house in the area and talk to him and he will go back to the volcano

kyroid

Then you will see Heatran in the room where the stone was talk to it and you will start to battle it.

Hey, uh.... I have a question about good pokemon. :D

I have platinum, but my pokes just keep dying! I try to find ways to counter all my weaknesses but new ones just
keep popping up. What types are considered the best for a team?

There are no real great pokemon
Its how you raise the pokemon and how you use it

@minoeman: Try giving your pokemon attack types that can counter its weaknesses. An example is giving Salamence (Dragon/Flying) a fighting type move that will be supereffective against both Ice and Rock types. This is how people battle more competitively. Having a wide variety of move types on a pokmeon increases the chances of being able to target weakness.

Dragon, what are good TMs? And where can you get them?

(I have NO tms)

um well you could go through the game and find them
or some tms could be found at stores

Question: Which of these would you advise for my team?

Blissey - 714hp 174spattack 297spdefense Natural Cure

Softboiled, Seismic Toss, Toxic, Ice Beam

Gyarados - 350hp 383atk 236spdef 243spd Intimidate

Taunt, Ice Fang, Dragon Dance, Waterfall

Skarmory - 254atk 416def Sturdy

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Roost, Brave Bird

Infernape - 267hp 309spattack 310spd Blaze

Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Grass Knot

Metagross - 364hp 405atk 297def Clear Body

Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Explosion, Zen Headbutt

Dusknoir - 275hp 221atk 309def 348spdefense Pressure

Earthquake, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp, ThunderPunch

Ninjask - 307hp 265atk 382spd Speed Boost

Swords Dance, Substitute, X-Scissor, Baton Pass

Ambipom - 292hp 299atk 361spd Technician

Fake Out, Double Hit, U-Turn, Pursuit.

Any help would be appreciated thanx!

p.s. *important question* can i get whirlwind/roar on skarmory through Heart Scale?

Roar is available as a TM, but I don't know if it can get it through a Heart Scale. Regarding which pokemon you should use, it really depends on what the rest of your team is. Without having any knowledge of the rest of your team, I would say Metagross.

ATM im using Ambipom, Gyarados, Metagross, Blissey, Skarmory and Infernape and they are doing very well (6/6 wins)

You didn't include what your team is, or how they function. It is impossible to say which one is "the best for your team".

But IMO, the Infernape seems pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back