DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

Use an IV calculator. You input Stats, Nature, and EVs and it calculates it for you.

dmaster out.

By plugging the stats and EVs into an IV calculator. The thing with IVs though, is that they don't really start showing up until you've leveled up a Pokemon; they only start getting accurate around Level 30, and are perfectly accurate only at Level 100. However, anything around Level 30 and up should be enough to get a gist of what they are.

As for where to find good IV calculators, MetalKid's is a good one:
http://www.metalkid.info/pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/IV.aspx

Serebii's also works though:
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

When double battling in the top room of Pokemon Centers, and using the Double Cup rules, do you get to see your opponent's Pokemon before the battle? During the choosing Stage?

Well, I made a thread, but I deleted it after I saw this. <<' Oopsies.

Anyway, I was playing around with some of the new features the other day, and was on the Box Data feature.

I saw some people with all of the Rotom forms in their boxes. o_o Before Platinum came out in the US, I was reading that this was impossible--even if you had multiple Rotom(s?).

I was wondering, was the pre-Platinum data wrong, or did these people probably just trade to get them all?

Thank you. ^^'

Well, you can't "trade" Rotom forms, they lose the form, and their move.
There is a hack/AR Cheat that allows Rotom to stay in it's form.

I don't suggest using it though > Glitches.

You can have one of each Rotom, and they can be inserted in the PC without losing their appliances.

Are there other trainers who have the Togepi evolutions, or do I need to train my own Togepi in order to register them?

Paladin of Arceus said:
Are there other trainers who have the Togepi evolutions, or do I need to train my own Togepi in order to register them?

Umm, if I remember correctly.. Togetic = Victory Road Trainer, just battle them all.

No problem :D
So, does anyone have an answer to my question?

I feel stupid for asking this :(.
My friend wants to know if when you breed a shiny pokemon, if it will be shiny or not...

No, if you do that, it gets the 1/8000 chance again, so, there is a good chance it WON'T be. :( Sorry.

This may be stupid, and I'm sorry if it is. I'm 99% sure I already know the answer, but I'll ask just to make sure. If your Pokemon is holding an item (Focus Sash, let's say), and you battle over Wi Fi. Does this item go away after it's used in battle?

No, the held item doesn't go away in WFC or Local Battles.

dmaster out.

I forget the name of the route, but it's above the resort area (the place with the sandstorm). Just go straight north for a little bit and you'll see the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back