DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

How do you wake up Snorelax in front of Diglett Cave?

After giving power back to the power plant go to the radio tower and get the Kanto card and use the pokeflute radio station.

For the pokeflute station, slide the blinking dot on the grid of the radio all the way up to the first star. Then, with that playing, click on Snorlax.

You have to get the Machine part at the gym, then go to Bill's Dad's house. Then you'll see misty their and she'll go back to the gym.

i`m have 12 badges need the poke flute but can`t go to cinnabar or diglett tunnel because of snorlax what to do?

The poke flute is actually a station on the radio on the pokegear. You need to first restore the power in Cerulean City, then go to the radio tower in Lavender town and talk to a guy there. He will give you an EXPN card for your Pokegear that will allow you to use the radio in Kanto. Then go into your radio and click on the first star in the upper left hand corner I believe, that's the pokeflute. Then just click on Snorlax with that playing. He'll wake up really grouchy.

Dejavu much? That question was answered a few posts ago =P

Not really an in-game question but where can I find music of the Weather Trio with the GBPlayer?I've been looking for it with no avail and have been dying to hear an official 8-bit remix.

Hey does anyone know where the guy is who tells you your pokemons hidden power type? In Platinum he was in the Game corner but thats Platinum.

jboy said:
Hey does anyone know where the guy is who tells you your pokemons hidden power type? In Platinum he was in the Game corner but thats Platinum.

I can't really help much, though I did come across him. I would say he's either in Kanto or the Battle Frontier. Can't help much beyond that.
cool kid master555 said:
I don't understand, how does the dowsing machine work?

It took me a second to figure it out, but after a minute you'll see that it is the best itemfinding machine yet. Anyway, I guess people can have different methods, but wherever you think there might be a hidden item or if you are just walking around, try this: Put your stylus (The stylus is the ideal method of input, fingers pretty much cover it up.) on the center of the dowsing machine, where you'll see a little circle that is essentialy your radar zone. If this radar is red, you're either far from an item or have obtained all of the items in the area. (Unless there aren't any to begin with, of course.) Also with this radar, you'll see four rectangular dots on the edge of the Dowsing Machine. Most of the time, these dots will be spread out equally. When you come near an item, the circle will change to orange, the dots might focus on the direction of the item and the pinging will be higher. Basically, you can only walk around until the pinging gets even higher and the circle gets even lighter. When the circle turns yellow, it's a good time to move your radar around to find the specific location of the item. When it finds the specific location, the circle will turn white and there will be a little circle in the grid, signifying the actual location. This dot operates just as the dot of the D/P/Pt Dowsing Machine did, with the ability to move around until this grid shows that you are even closer. Eventually, the dot will be near you. You have to be adjacent to it to pick up the item. I hope this helps.

Here's a moderately different one.

Is there any place, pre-Clair, that one can get ahold of Heart Scales? Or should I just trade with my Diamond to get ahold of them? I need like 4 or so before I take on Ms. Dragon Girl. >|

You can apparently get Heart Scales from Beachy areas in the Pokéwalker and in random smashable rocks from Cianwood City and Dark Cave. Stationary fixed locations include Violet City, Cianwood City and Dark Cave. Also, it's a hidden item on Route 32. And, you can buy them for 1,000 Athlete Points from the Pokéathlon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays.

Most of the information was obtained from Serebii, though for later things I'll reference PMJ's guide when/if he puts it up, if I don't already know of the information myself. Out of all of this, I could have only told you that there was at least one stationary somewhere before Clair.

After you defeat/capture the Red Gyarados on Lake of Rage, you get the Red Scale. This Red Scale happens to be very rare and elusive, so none other than Mr. Pokémon himself will trade you for an Exp. Share.

Ensiger said:
I say this is a pretty useful thread. Anyway, my question:

I forgot where I read this, but do you need to catch Suicune, Entei, and Raikou to catch a certain legendary? Forgot where I read it, but I wanna know. And also, since the storyline sorta follows Crystal's storyline with the whole Suicune thing, is there a place where you catch him that he's stationary? (I.E. He waits for you, and then you battle him by interacting with him.)

You'll first see Suicune in the Burnt Tower. Once you talk to it, it ill leave the Burnt Tower, and you'll see it next in Cianwood, at the very top. After your encounter with it there, it'll be near Mt Mortar, at Route 42. You'll need cut to access it though. Next, it's going to be at Kanto, once you leave the S.S. Anne. in Vermillion. After that you'll see it at Route 14, and it'll escape for the last time. Finally, it'll be at Route 25, near Bill's house, waiting for you to battle it.

If anybody was wondering, I did sticky the thread because I can already see the amount of threads with one question in it requesting to be locked. (We don't lock threads by request anymore soooooo...) Just post your question in here instead of making a new thread.

*Stickied*

dmaster out.

What are all the side-events/Pokemon that you can do/acquire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back