DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

what game do you have. i'll check game faq
edit Location: Route 212 North
Trainer: Lady Melissa
Wanted Pokemon: Hoppip (1), Bellossom (3)
Unwanted Pokemon: Cherrim (2 SpA EVs)
Levels: 58
Comment: Requires quite a few rematches, but it might be pretty much the best
one here.

Trainer: Collector Dean
Wanted Pokemon: Umbreon (2)
Unwanted Pokemon: Espeon (2 SpA EVs)
Levels: 27
Comment: Someone told me this needed moar Eeveelutions so here you go.

Trainer: Swimmer Oscar
Wanted Pokemon: Mantyke (1), Mantine (2)
Unwanted Pokemon: Remoraid (1 SpA EV)
Levels: 41-43
Comment: I love Mantine.

Trainer: Dragon Tamer Hayden
Wanted Pokemon: Altaria (2)
Unwanted Pokemon: Kingdra (1 EV in Atk, SpA and SpD)
Levels: 60
Comment: I love Altaria. Kingdra actually gives 1 EV in SpD but unless you're
willing to use the EV-reducing berries don't battle it. And it's the only
reason why this Dragon Tamer is listed and not the others with Altaria.
i got this from gamefaq this is for platinum
edit2

Where: Route 210, is Foggy
Who: Ninja Boy Davido
What they have: Dustox
Total Evs: 3

Where: Route 230, need Surf
Who: Swimmer Sophia
What they have: 2 Mantyke
Total Evs: 2

Where: Route 230, need surf
Who: Swimmer Mallory
What they have: 1 Seel 1 Dewgong
Total Evs: 3
this is for dpp

RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

Well I EV train in both Pearl and Platinum, so it helps either way, thanks! None of these trainers look particularly appealing though :(... I was kind of hoping for something like the five Bidoof deal with Cowgirl Shelley in DP, haha :D. Thanks anyway, I appreciate you looking it up -- GameFAQ's never crossed my mind, and the prospect of sifting through Serebii's Pokéarth for the information gave me a bit of a headache!

RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

I wanted to catch Bronzong in Safari Zone. I placed the needed blocks, but now question. Will blocks upgrade when I move DS' clock forward?

I can't verify it since I've never tried it, but I would assume not, as Game Freak usually doesn't allow time-based events to be skipped or sped up.

Sadly, I would assume that you would. If you're just looking for a Bronzong, why wouldn't you trade (Other than a lack of Wi-Fi)?

where to get the evolutionary Stones? i can't find any besides the moon stones

oh and i just beat the E4 and the Champion (if that's the reason i can't get any?)
i know you can get some of the stones in the pokeathlon, but i really don't feel like doing any of the courses 20 times just to get one stone.

and my pokewalker stopped working, i've restarted my SS game twice since i first bought it when it came out back in march any help would be appreciated.

^^^ Can't you get them at the goldenrod shop thing?

i checked and couldn't find any. i think you used to be able to back in generation 1 and the generation 3 remakes.

Occasionally, someone who gave you their phone number will give you a stone, but it's rare. I got a sun stone once from it.

how can nintendo make a story line for pokemon HG\SS. I mean really just when you think you beat it there is something else in your way like Red
and Blue?
first:Ho-oh
second:Lugia
last:Red

So when you are connecting Pokealkers with a friend, what items can you receive? Is there a specific list or can it randomly generate any item, like a Master Ball?

It is whatever items appear normally on that route. For example, on the Treehouse course, you could get a Salac berry, Calcium, Max Ether, etc.

@vulpix yolk: It's a specific list for each route. Different routes will get you different items. Usually, when you communicate with a friend you will receive one of the better items (more steps required) on the route.
Bulbapedia has full lists for each route.

Edit: partial ninja

how do beat Red with a team like...
1.Feralegator
2.Arceus
3.Ryphyrior
4.Giratina
5.Torterra
6.Shaymin. so if I could get help THAT would be very helpful.

How can you do Double Battles in the Battle Hall?

You talk to the guy in the green hat, and when he asks, select "double battle"

It should be noted, however, that you have to enter two of the same type of pokemon.

Hope I helped!

@JC2: Lead with Rhyperior so Pikachu can't do a thing to you. EQ for a Knockout.
Blastoise will cause frustration unless Shaymin can outspeed it and hit for STAB Seed Flare. If that fails, try to outwall it with Feraligatr and keep Hyper Potions handy.
Charizard can be beaten out by Feraligatr, or Rhyperior if you so choose it. (I forgot if Red's Charizard is physical or special...I think it's physical, so Rhyperior can wall it.)
Venusaur isn't that challenging actually. Anything Ice-attack or Psychic-attack kills it.
Lapras is going to be evil unless you can hit it first. Do the same strategy as you did with Blastoise.
Snorlax might give you trouble since it can wall pretty well, but Rhyperior could be able to handle him, and very well if you have a Fighting-attack (like Hammer Arm).

The level 100 Arceus is just the cheapest way possible to defeat Red so I will not cover it.

A team of level 60 or higher is required, but 70 or higher is recommended. (Mine were in the low 70s.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back