BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Probably not. I've yet to actually check for myself, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm confused: On PO I just hit a Scizor and used Focus Blast, but it wasn't super effective, but when I hit Ferrothorn with Focus Blast, it was super effective. Are Bug/Steel types now weak to Fighting in 5th Gen.?

Bug resists Fighting, Grass doesn't...Therefore Scizor is neutral to fighting but Ferrothorn is weak to it... In case you were wondering Scizor is in fact not weak to Rock, despite what "Paper Rock Scizors" may have you believe.

The GTS trade had nothing to do with Black City. Basically, every character in Black City/White Forest has points. When the character's point reach zero they leave the area and the area gets smaller. Every day each character's point will decrease a bit. When you visit the area, the points of all character's in the area increase a tiny bit. When you talk to a character, their points will increase as well. So, if you don't want the people to leave Black City, simply visit often and speak to them occasionally.

I don't think it had anything to do with the trade over wifi. It does that from time to time to allow you to recruit more people from White Forest, it happened to me when I didn't battle anyone for a long time.
All you have to do is recruit more people and it will return. I hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Ninja'd

Day passes ~ -5 per day
Enter the area ~ +3
Battle trainers (Black City) ~ +10
Talk to the characters (White Forest) ~ +10

That's the point system the game uses.

Oh my mistake. It's supposed to be 10 points for both battling and talking.

*edits*

Dark Void said:
The GTS trade had nothing to do with Black City. Basically, every character in Black City/White Forest has points. When the character's point reach zero they leave the area and the area gets smaller. Every day each character's point will decrease a bit. When you visit the area, the points of all character's in the area increase a tiny bit. When you talk to a character, their points will increase as well. So, if you don't want the people to leave Black City, simply visit often and speak to them occasionally.

No a whole buiding disapeared.The one were the rich dude gives you money for battling.

I don't go to Black City much, but if it is anything like White Forest (where low points make the trees small), I would assume low points make there be less buildings, or at least small ones.

Exactly, a its lowest, there is only the Pokemon Center and a few mini buildings, and a whole lot of nothing. :)

slickmario said:
I don't go to Black City much, but if it is anything like White Forest (where low points make the trees small), I would assume low points make there be less buildings, or at least small ones.

So my game isn't broken?

Yes. It is supposed to do that. If you battle trainers and keep entering the area, it should come back.

slickmario said:
Yes. It is supposed to do that. If you battle trainers and keep entering the area, it should come back.

To add to that, when the building comes back, it could have different items for sale, depending on who you recruit.

Back