BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

i was woundering what is the 2 word pass word, for the special macine(the scientis asks u for the pass word) it is in Castelia City. Thanks for your time!

For the Relocator, the first password is "EVERYONE HAPPY" followed by the second, "SIMPLE CONNECTION."

If you use a TM obtained via AR,teach it to a lagit pokemon,breed that pokemon that now knows the TM and the pokemon from the egg knows that move,will it's coding be different to where the hack-checkers at big video game events could detect it?I got a Diamond from Gamestop,and someone hacked a bunch of TMs,and an egg move I need happens to be Drain Punch,and the only game I have with that TM is Diamond.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, since I do that stuff myself (occasionally). I could be wrong though, but I doubt it.

Red Striker said:
If you use a TM obtained via AR,teach it to a lagit pokemon,breed that pokemon that now knows the TM and the pokemon from the egg knows that move,will it's coding be different to where the hack-checkers at big video game events could detect it?I got a Diamond from Gamestop,and someone hacked a bunch of TMs,and an egg move I need happens to be Drain Punch,and the only game I have with that TM is Diamond.

Nope. Also, giving the TM straight to the pokemon won't set off any flags either. As long as it can legally be taught to said pokemon.

HHey can you guys tell me if im being dumb or if its true?
Situation:
I started the game in the winter season(its still winter season obviously) and im at the elite 4. With all badges and yet to get to the whole right half of the map because ofthe bridges being closed. Is there anyway to access that side for a first time in winter?

The bridges open up when you beat the Elite Four; it has nothing to do with the seasons.

Yes, you can.
They have a japanese name unless you level them up. Then the name will switch back to english (Or whatever language your game is in.)

Other than the nickname thing, there's only about one restriction when it comes to trading: I don't know if it applies to BW, and I don't even know if it was true, but I think I've heard that one of the Koreas is completely unable to trade with any other region, Wi-Fi or otherwise.

Actually I am not sure that is true. I have actually seen Korean Thundurus up for trade on the GTS.

I do know that in 4th Generation games, Korean games could trade with others, but in a non-Korean game the nickname and OT would show up blank. The reverse is true also for a non-Korean Pokemon in a Korean game.

I think that's since been fixed though - when I saw the Thundurus in question I could clearly see the name of the OT. (I didn't know what it said, but still.)

Actually, North Korea pokemon are impossible to trade.

However, through flashcards, it is possible to "copy" them to other games.

Breeding question (or problem):
I've been trying to breed several ralts with synchronize with different natures.
Thing is, I deposited a female kirlia with synchronize and a Lonely Weezing (Everstone equipped) in the Day-care to get a Lonely Ralts with Synchronize. I know abilities can't be incluenced in breeding but then, why all the eggs I hatched were Ralts with Trace? Only when I switched the weezing with one of the newly-hatched lonely ralts, I managed to hatch a ralts with both Synchronize and the Lonely nature (curiously, right on the first try).
Then, I went to breed another Ralts but this time I deposited a male Hasty Gengar to get a Hasty ralts, and the same problem happened: all the eggs came with Trace instead of Synchronize. I tried to do the same thing I did in the weezing's case and switched Gengar with one of the newborn Ralts with hasty nature. This time however, the eggs are still coming with Trace and none with Synchronize.
So, why this happens?

It just means you are really really unlucky. You've got a 50% chance of having an egg hatch with Synchronize, so it's probably just the RNG annoying you.

If you save, turn off, then turn on and come back to it, the results should be different.

Well, I actually tried to soft reset. I mean, I saved before taking the egg from the old man. But when I did soft reset and hatched the egg again, the baby was still the same... I thought soft reseting was supposed to work when hatching eggs...

It should. I believe that the nature is predetermined when the egg is created (before you pick it up), but the IV's and characteristics and such are only determined when you pick it up.

That's what I believe.

Okay, so there's something I don't get. After you beat the game or pretty close to it, you get a larger PokeDex, right? I've only found approximately 400 Pokemon, and I've finished the game. BELIEVE ME ON THIS: I have looked e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e! Sooooo, my question is this:

Do you get the other 250+ Pokemon from trading or am I just not looking hard enough?

I appreciate any help I can get.​

PLEASE COMMENT ME INSTEAD OF REPLYING ON THIS FORUM, OR ELSE I WILL NOT SEE IT. Thank you!!!

Yes. Many pokemon are unable to be found unless you migrate from other pkoemon games.

So I have a question about the Dream World. Is it up and running in the United States or not? Because I have been staring at a spinning loading screen that has not changed from 0% for the past like hour. So I'm just curious as to whether or not its up and running here in America.:headbang

Back