BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Shiny Collector said:
So I have a question about the Dream World. Is it up and running in the United States or not? Because I have been staring at a spinning loading screen that has not changed from 0% for the past like hour. So I'm just curious as to whether or not its up and running here in America.:headbang

This was answered in your thread, yes it is working for people in America, as me and several friends can testify. Try refreshing the page and make sure you have a good internet connection. If it still happens you may ahve to contact Nintendo.

I got 2 Breeding questions. Is there any way you can control which Nature and Ability your pokemon get? I keep trying to get Adamant Scythers, but apparently I offended some got and I didn't get any Adamant Natures out of the 30+ eggs I hatched. And if I get a Adamant one, it has Swarm instead of Technician.

For number 2, if I breed a Dream World Vaporeon, is there any way I can get a Eevee (did I spell that right), with its Dream World ability? And if I breed a regular Eevee, is there any possibility that I can get a Dream World ability Eevee?

Females from the Dream World have a chance of passing down their ability to their offspring (the exact % is in dispute). The female needs to have the ability. There is no other way to get the ability outside of the DW and said breeding method.

Nature problem: give the parent Pokemon an Everstone.

venasour x said:
I got 2 Breeding questions. Is there any way you can control which Nature and Ability your pokemon get? I keep trying to get Adamant Scythers, but apparently I offended some got and I didn't get any Adamant Natures out of the 30+ eggs I hatched. And if I get a Adamant one, it has Swarm instead of Technician.

Keep in mind there are 36 natures total so out of 30 eggs there will definately be several natures you don't have. It's simply a pity that Adamant is one of those. Adding on to what slickmario said, Everstone increases the chance of the offspring having the same nature as its parent, so that only works if you are breeding with an adamant parent.

There are 25 natures total, not 36. And the % for passing down a Dream World ability is 60%.

Everstone makes the parent have a 50% chance of passing its nature.

Oh right, that was stupid of me. DNA is correct, there are 25 natures. Still, there is a good chance 1 or more of them won't be obtained after 30 eggs.

Ok, so all of these trades on the trading forum say that they are cloned using AR. Are those pokemon legal to use in tournaments, official or not?

As far as I know, no. Theoretically there's no such thing as a "cloned" Pokémon, as there's no difference between the copies of code the AR integrates back into the game; there's only the process of cloning/copying said data, which the game doesn't log (yet) and hence can't be detected by any existing hack check. Only Pokémon generated by an AR can't pass a hack check, because in the vast majority of cases there's a permanent alteration of code/information in that Pokémon, which in many cases you can just eyeball anyway (i.e. Reshiram =/= met at Route 1 :p).

Of course they are legal, nobody knows that they are cloned.

I was wondering, is there any way to get a salac berry, or any of the stat uping berries in Black? (sorry if this has been asked before)

They're currently unreleased. Maybe DW will give us a way to get them later, but for now you can't get them.

Have a quetion? Kinda related to all games how do you tell which is fake pokemon like i know pokemons move and all but the vgc site says they can perform random check how do they tell hack pokemon

They have a special device that can tell them. Examples of hacked Pokemon include:

~Met in a location they can't normally be found, like a Reshiram met on Route 1
~Caught in a Poke Ball they can't normally be caught in, like a Tepig in a Great Ball
~Having moves or abilities they can't normally have, like a Regigigas with Bolt Strike and Magic Bounce
~Having stats or EV spreads that they couldn't normally have, like 255 EVs in every stat

Some ways are more obvious, others more subtle. It takes a trained eye to catch them usually.

..--XXPokemonXX--.. said:
Have a quetion? Kinda related to all games how do you tell which is fake pokemon like i know pokemons move and all but the vgc site says they can perform random check how do they tell hack pokemon

I've seen it (and experienced it) before. You plug your catridge into some device and they scan over your party. It can tell everything about the Pokemon. Its EV's, IV's, ball it was caught, where it was caught, game it was caught, all the moves it has ever learned, it's stats, etc.

It's also been rumored to have a trace history.

So be careful if you plan on using a hacked Pokemon.

slickmario said:
I've seen it (and experienced it) before. You plug your catridge into some device and they scan over your party. It can tell everything about the Pokemon. Its EV's, IV's, ball it was caught, where it was caught, game it was caught, all the moves it has ever learned, it's stats, etc.

It's also been rumored to have a trace history.

So be careful if you plan on using a hacked Pokemon.

Thank you for a detailed explanation Its really appreciated
beacuse its my first time going to pokemon canada vgs soon so ya

DNA said:
They have a special device that can tell them. Examples of hacked Pokemon include:

~Met in a location they can't normally be found, like a Reshiram met on Route 1
~Caught in a Poke Ball they can't normally be caught in, like a Tepig in a Great Ball
~Having moves or abilities they can't normally have, like a Regigigas with Bolt Strike and Magic Bounce
~Having stats or EV spreads that they couldn't normally have, like 255 EVs in every stat

Some ways are more obvious, others more subtle. It takes a trained eye to catch them usually.

I have a question about the Zoroark event in Toys R us. It says i need atleast 11 wonder cards and no more to get him. But you only get those from doing things like this previously and i've never done this type of thing before. well the question is do i NEED the 11 wonder cards to receive the Zoroark, or can i just do it without them? if this makes sense... :D

Oh gosh, how embaressing. I just realized that too like 2 mins ago! Thank you! I'll be getting it tomorrow. wish i didn't miss the the Victini one :(

That, and I'm pretty sure English B/W players have only had the chance to receive up to 2 Wonder Cards, so 11 at this point would be an impossibility :p

..--XXPokemonXX--.. said:
beacuse its my first time going to pokemon canada vgs soon so ya

Canada is having VGC's this year?

I really need to find info on those...

Back