BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Does this Action Replay also work on Pokemon White?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/DSi-DSL-DS-Action-Replay-DS-DSi-Nintendo-DS/12538351

Yes. You will probably need to update it, but once you do it will work fine (provided you have working codes).

Concerning egg moves passed down by the father: does the father need to have that move in its moveset at the time of breeding, or just simply need to have had it in the past/be able to learn it?

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Concerning egg moves passed down by the father: does the father need to have that move in its moveset at the time of breeding, or just simply need to have had it in the past/be able to learn it?

The father needs to actually know the move. If it could be passed down based on having it in the past/being able to have it, a Pokemon would be capable of getting more than 4 egg moves at a time from the father, and then there would be now way of deciding which ones the offspring should actually get.

Emboar7 said:
@slickmario

How do you update it?

It comes with a disc and a cable. Insert the disc into your computer (it will not work on a Mac) and download the program. Plug your action replay into your computer via the cable, and start the program. You will then be allowed to update it, and put in new codes via the program itself. It makes it much easier than manually putting them in from the action replay itself.

Dark Void said:
The father needs to actually know the move. If it could be passed down based on having it in the past/being able to have it, a Pokemon would be capable of getting more than 4 egg moves at a time from the father, and then there would be now way of deciding which ones the offspring should actually get.

I'd like to add that the father only needs to know the move when you put it in the Day Care. Even if the move gets bumped off while leveling up in the Day Care, the offspring will continue to all know the Egg Moves until you take the father out.

How do you transfer Pokemon from Dream World to the Entree Forest?

After you make a wish at the Tree of Dreams for a Pokemon, wake that Pokemon up in the Dream World. Then, use Game Sync to transfer your sleeping Pokemon back to your game. That Pokemon you wished for will then appear in the Entree Forest.

You can only bring back 1 wished Pokemon at a time, but you can store as many as you like in Entree Forest. (That, or it caps at 50. I forget.)

Oh, thanks. And, how do you change the skin of the C-Gear?

Go to the Customize option on the main GL page; you'll be given a list of C-Gear skins to choose from (the default, plus whatever you inputted passwords for). Click on said skin to get it, then hit "Customize" (it'll double-check for confirmation).

The changes will apply when you use Game Sync to wake up a sleeping Pokemon.

Is there any trainer in B/W that has Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade in their team? I wanna unite Gothitelle and Lucario into Gallade, so I have one extra spot!

Gouka-no-Goukazaru said:
Is there any trainer in B/W that has Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade in their team? I wanna unite Gothitelle and Lucario into Gallade, so I have one extra spot!
I don't remember anyone having any of those. What the heck does that last sentence mean!? You mean you have Goth and Lucario in your team and you want to dump them for Gallade? Then why do you need to see a trainer with it..

Ace Trainer Lena in Black City has both final evolutions (Black version only). If you have White, search White Forest for a Ralts. They can appear in the grass sometimes.

Thank you guys!!
Yes, I have White version. @Teal: Yes, I want dump Gothitelle and Lucario to have Gallade. I expressed myself wrongly :3
@ISB: Yeah, I know. I must import Lena from Black City into White forest for it to be there. x.x

Thank to both of you, anyway!!

Which game (B/W) is better competetively? I mean, in the pokemon you encounter that are unique to each game, and items?

@EonEye: As far as exclusives go:
Black - Cottonee line, Gothita line, Vullaby line, Tornadus, Reshiram
White - Petilil line, Solosis line, Rufflet line, Thundurus, Zekrom

That's just the Unova mon. Also Petilil/Cottonee can be acquired in the opposite version via an NPC trade. If you want the full list of version exclusives, look here. There is also the White Forest, but the Pokemon to be found there depends on the NPCs present.
As for competitively? Overall probably White is better, but you can still trade for others if need be.

@VictiniMan: Because they realized how annoying it was to get one TM from a Gym Leader and never being able to use it again.
Don't question it - enjoy it :D

@EonEye
That is such a strange question...you can get an equal amount of Pokemon in each game, just different species of them. Every item you get in one game you get in the other. Just trade over the Pokemon you don't have.

@VictiniMan
I assume it is because of the multitude of complaints they probably have received regarding how to teach Pokemon attacks. TMs such as Flamethrower and Earthquake could only be obtained once, and it would always be so difficult choosing the right Pokemon to teach it to. Breeding can be a pain too. Not all Pokemon are in the same egg group.

Back