The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

The part I find interesting is that many people WANT to play Donphan, but as soon as people say there will be Gyarados, the donphan people run away.

My point is, its hard to tell what decks will be played as there is no perfect deck.

LuxChomp users like myself, will hope that Donphan is non existant. (obvious reasons) But donphan users will hope gyarados is not played. (which it will) But at the same time, Luxray has the advantage over Gyarados.

Its a triangle effect. Each deck has a weakness and depending on the deck, it might or might not scare someone from not using that deck.

Who knows.....

shadoworganoid said:
The part I find interesting is that many people WANT to play Donphan, but as soon as people say there will be Gyarados, the donphan people run away.

My point is, its hard to tell what decks will be played as there is no perfect deck.

LuxChomp users like myself, will hope that Donphan is non existant. (obvious reasons) But donphan users will hope gyarados is not played. (which it will) But at the same time, Luxray has the advantage over Gyarados.

Its a triangle effect. Each deck has a weakness and depending on the deck, it might or might not scare someone from not using that deck.

Who knows...

That's my meta. Right there. Donphan first became popular. So, people started to play Gyarados. Obviously, with the x2 weakness and resistance Gyarados cripples Donphan unless they donk you. So, people started to play Luxray. Luxray would really put a mark on Gyarados, leaving it in a problem. But then, those Luxray players didn't really want Donphan to show up, so Donphan decks remained. So that meant Gyarados decks joined my meta, and Luxray decks as well.

CHAIN REACTION

And then decks with Mr. Mime came in to deal with Gyarados and Donphan (on occasion).

Gliscor said:
That's my meta. Right there. Donphan first became popular. So, people started to play Gyarados. Obviously, with the x2 weakness and resistance Gyarados cripples Donphan unless they donk you. So, people started to play Luxray. Luxray would really put a mark on Gyarados, leaving it in a problem. But then, those Luxray players didn't really want Donphan to show up, so Donphan decks remained. So that meant Gyarados decks joined my meta, and Luxray decks as well.

CHAIN REACTION

And then decks with Mr. Mime came in to deal with Gyarados and Donphan (on occasion).

Exactly.

So the question is; How many of either deck will show up?

I'd laugh if 80% of the decks were LuxChomp because everyone thought gyarados would be the biggest.

Now we have a room full of LuxChomps and lots of mirror matches.... Hmm....

YOu get the idea...

Thats why I play something that can fight Luxchomp, fight Kingdra, fight a good chunk of other decks...except-Gyrados. That match up will be a slaughter. That thing will be flailing around at me left and right and I will be scrambling to stay alive. I cant charge up a back up attacker as fast as they can!

I know. With Blazeray, what's the best strategy for Gyarados?

Luxray is one tactic that comes into mind. Play Luxray and Lucario GL, and then you can one-shot Gyarados with Trash Bolt or Flash Bite+Flash Impact to one-shot Gyarados. If the have an Expert Belt on Gyarados, then Flash Bite+Trash Bolt would one-shot Gyarados. Another way is just just Bright Look a Crobat G on the bench and OHKO it with Luxray. Basically, from what I've seen with Blazeray, Luxray does all of the action against Gyarados.

I'm just curious... does anyone other than be do competitive Unlimited play? ._.

faceplant said:
I know. With Blazeray, what's the best strategy for Gyarados?

Everything Gliscor said is whaat you would do.
However, just to add to it, I suggest Galactic's HQ.

When they evovle into Gyarados, they take 20 damage. That allows you to Flash Impact them for 1HKO WITHOUT Crobat G.
And if they play Ebelt, they are still only at 130 HP.

^^This. Haha. Its a very overlooked strategy because of the space, but it is a genius strategy.

Seth1789110 said:
^^This. Haha. Its a very overlooked strategy because of the space, but it is a genius strategy.

lol
Yeah, when was the last time you saw Galactics HQ??? Probly never. I guess.

I mean, sure its not that great of a card and can easily be replaced by another stadium, but as long as it stays in play, it basically cancels out an Ebelt attachment.

Shout I use 1 or 2???? Currently I have 2.

If you run Azelf 1 otherwise 2 imo

Because if the one you have is prized then Azelf can get it, otherwise running two would be better to lower th prize risk.

Azelf only gets pokemon... sorry bud.

Oh... lol sorry xP

I've only read the effect briefly lolz

If Azelf could get ANYTHING, Azelf would be worth about 30 dollars lol. For a single copy, non reverse probably. And people would run like 1 and 4 scoops in every deck haha. SPs would become undeniably THE MOST BROKE DECK OF ALL TIME. They aren't yet, but are getting miserably close.

Yeah, having an Azelf like that would be too broken. I'm pretty sure the card was made to only get a Pokemon just so it could not be broken.

Also, run two if Gyarados is your meta, and one of it isn't. Since HQ does hit hard on Gyarados, and does some damage on other decks, it could work.

Thanks for telling me the time, Gliscor.

My house isn't too far, only about 10-20 minutes depending.

Gliscor said:
Yeah, having an Azelf like that would be too broken. I'm pretty sure the card was made to only get a Pokemon just so it could not be broken.

And probably to promote the AMU theme =/

AMU works because of the rougeness of it I have seen someone at my league use it quite a bit and it was annoying. But he had a good tech Lefeon x hit for 200 every turn but eh it is not consitent and takes some time to set up

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back