The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

faceplant said:
Should I do Luxchomp with Blaziken or Luxchomp with Dialga? Or just straight Luxchomp?

LuxChomp with a 1-1 Dialga for Mewtwo and Shuppet.

faceplant said:
Should I do Luxchomp with Blaziken or Luxchomp with Dialga? Or just straight Luxchomp?

I'd say dialga.

just because I had so much trouble with it at NM states

I came in 11th place at States yesterday.

Why was pokebeach.com/forums down yesterday?

Pokebeach was down? I got on it with no problems. Friday I couldn't get on though...

disappeared again..

I had problems getting on because it took me to some other page. It was on Friday for me too.

I'm currently looking for a rogue deck for Regionals. A deck that would do very well, and no one would expect it. Like the guy who discovered Gyarados. So yeah, I'm open for ideas. I'm currently trying out Blastoise/Gatr, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Gliscor, i'll PM you some ideas/SD's. Ok?

Gliscor said:
I'm currently looking for a rogue deck for Regionals. A deck that would do very well, and no one would expect it. Like the guy who discovered Gyarados. So yeah, I'm open for ideas. I'm currently trying out Blastoise/Gatr, but I don't have high hopes for it.

I have an idea like that right now that I'm testing and updating and if it does well then I'll PM you maybe...

saw a guy with a pretty cool blastoise/gatr list at NV states. He went like 2-5

Gliscor said:
OK, well you should play... Drumroll please. Wailord scoop-up w/ gatr. Stratagy is they can only 3 shot you, but if you play things like Queen its more like 4. With scoop ups they can barely take 1 prize... You have to use a staller though or a starter like spirit... 1-1 claydol. 4-4 Wailord. Might be slow, but if you add spirit your opponent will be too....

piplup234 said:
OK, well you should play... Drumroll please. Wailord scoop-up w/ gatr. Stratagy is they can only 3 shot you, but if you play things like Queen its more like 4. With scoop ups they can barely take 1 prize... You have to use a staller though or a starter like spirit... 1-1 claydol. 4-4 Wailord. Might be slow, but if you add spirit your opponent will be too...
TBH I'm only playing with cards. Just looking around with my stuff, choosing something that looks good, and making a deck out of it. Right now I'm playing Metatomb, using Metagross LA+Spiritomb AR. Spiritomb locks Trainers giving me setup time, and with DCE Metagross can attack for two energy. It does 50, but next turn 100 damage. Plus Metagross' power is basically a Pokemon Reversal, and since I can use it more than once I have multiple Reversals during my turn. It actually runs very well, being able to control the board with some nice speed.

Yeah, wailord GE... There isn't another I don't think....

Yeah there's one from Supreme Victors. That isn't as good though and has 20 less HP.

Xdogking said:
Age Division: Seniors
How long have you been playing?: Since September of 09... lol
What deck are you currently playing?: CurseGar, but I'm soon going to start playtesting BlastGatr
Can you help the team (Banners, strategy, Redshark, etc.): I understand strategy... I just don't have the money to pull it off...
Your achievements: 6th place at Iowa States... :p
Record: ...1-3...
My parents don't take me places to play, and I don't have a ton of money to spend on Claydols.
Anything that you would want me to know? I'm anticipating a playable Marowak, Octilery, or Walrein.

EDIT: Oh also, I <3 rogues and hate SP... I will only use Crobat and Skuntank... cept for maybe Electivire, because Thorton rocks.

PM applications for Groups instead of posting them.

dmaster out.

I think that I will post tomarrow I havn't looked at this in a while sorry bout that

T

*facepalm*

I am so dumb.

Anyways, if Raichu ever becomes popular (I doubt it), HS Raichu could 1-shot Wailord for 2 energies... I think that's hilarious.

It's not like I'm going to play Wailord. I mean, with Lucario GL in play Luxray can near-one-shot Wailord. And then it wouldn't really be able to heal itself in time.

Metatomb might be working well for me, but I dropped it last night. It might have good speed, using DCE for enhanced energy and Spiritomb for faster setup, but it lacks good, consistent damage. Against any opponent that plays a Warp Point, Luxray GL Lv.X, Reversal, or Cyclone, if that card works then next turn Metagross just can't do enough damage.

I disagree; the Wailord from Supreme Victors is much better. It has a much huger potential for offensive power, and with Expert Belt and DCE it can do 120 for four Energy and Rest for only one.

Personally, I could see it doing well with Flygon RR, hitting for 120 every single turn. I'm not saying that Wailord is amazing or anything, I just like it much better than the version from GE.

@ Gliscor: You may want to try out attacking with the Supreme Victors Metagross. You could play a 2-2 spread of it. It is similar to Cursegar in the early game, slowly charging up, but when you get it out and flip heads on the Power, bring up Claydol and one-shot it while spreading damage to your opponent's bench.

Edit: you'll need to play Stadiums for the spread effect though; BTS or Conductive Quarry shine here (perhaps Conductive because your opponent can play BTS for you).

PokeChamp said:
@ Gliscor: You may want to try out attacking with the Supreme Victors Metagross. You could play a 2-2 spread of it. It is similar to Cursegar in the early game, slowly charging up, but when you get it out and flip heads on the Power, bring up Claydol and one-shot it while spreading damage to your opponent's bench.

Edit: you'll need to play Stadiums for the spread effect though; BTS or Conductive Quarry shine here (perhaps Conductive because your opponent can play BTS for you).

Metagross SV is a card that came into mind. Problem is, it flat down leaves my bench to Luxchomp and Gyarados, which is my meta. Luxchomp can easily start getting one-shots on my bench after Gravitation, and so can Gyarados after Reversal/Bright Look. It is worth a shot though, so I might try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back