The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

Why are you using Metagross anyways?

Anyways, I agree that Metagross SV would be a nice attacker, with Meta LA (LA, right?) as more of a tech. You could bring up Claydols, Azelfs, and other various drawpower cards with <90 HP

Sorry wasn't on yesterday, I was busy.

Metal Gengar is pretty good with Metagross SV.

Isn't that what Metal Gengar is? Gengar SF with Meta SV to bring claydols and such into OHKOable range?

Yes also that it can bring pixies down to 50 HP bringing them down too. Almost every time I've seen a metal gengar deck though, Mettagross backfired on them. It brings Gengar down to 90 which lets attacks easily KO it.

Yeah... wasn't it decided that metal gengar didn't work after BR's?

Yeah, I heard that it was slow and just all around bad...

Metal Gengar might put your opponent at risk against Gengar SF, but puts your bench at risk too. With that being said, Luxray would be able to one-shot your benched Claydol/Uxie without the use of Crobat G, and using Flash Bite/Psychic Restore to play around Fainting Spell would be a lot easier. It was bait against Blazeray too.

Gliscor said:
Metal Gengar might put your opponent at risk against Gengar SF, but puts your bench at risk too. With that being said, Luxray would be able to one-shot your benched Claydol/Uxie without the use of Crobat G, and using Flash Bite/Psychic Restore to play around Fainting Spell would be a lot easier. It was bait against Blazeray too.

Ohhh...I see. I haven't been playing for that long, I just knew it wss bad :p

They still haven't updated pokemon.com, the premier ratings yet. For Maryland at least.

Gliscor, are you coming to league this weekend?

Yes Metal Gengar is risky since both players pokemon are down to -20 HP.

I lost 30 points for the Fail w/ a 3-3 from states =P

Ouch that got hurt, your premier rating.

I went 3-2 at MD States. I started out 0-2 and after lunch I won the last 3 games. :)

I went 5-3 overall at my 2 states and my rating went up 32 points.

After all of this, I went 11-3 and my rating went up like 110 points ;D

Overall I failed kinda badly... 7-5 between the two states... yuck.

For some reason in a tournament setting my deck has no consistency, but when I play a league it plays perfectly. It isn't that my deck is bad: the NC state champion and I played 6 games at league and I beat him 4 times, it makes no sense to me... what did I do to piss off Lady Luck?

Good job to everybody at states though.

League isn't the best way to deck test, mainly because league is just the place for fun decks. Usually, it's only just fun decks are decks that still need some fixing, which is why many prefer Redshark over League. I still go to league, regardless. Just to get those prizes and have some fun ;D

My league is a very competitive league, there are about 7 of us that Decktest there every week. I have a few fun decks but right now we are all trying to perfect our Regionals decks. Funny enough the kid that won first place in both North AND South Carolina comes to our league. (He's a senior so the competition isn't as tough, but it is still impressive.)

I use league to test new decks half and half. I usually test rogue ideas there(obviously) but in my leagues weekly tourneys, I usually use it for more practice, as people try harder to win those 3-5 packs for the small $5 entry. So thats my standpoint on leagues. I usually play for realz w/ my opponents as much as I can.

We have a lot of competitive masters down here, and our league is run like a tournament we usually go 4 rounds no cut each sunday. Very fun, and great practice.

Ugh, I don't have high hopes for the LL set. No, it's the exact opposite of being bad. It has a broken combo, almost as bad as Plox in 07-08 even. The Mew Prime/Lost World combo is broken. Oh well. Hope Lost World is at least banned from play. Mew and Lucario would be nice as a deck, and so would Espeon/Umbreon.

Hey, it's Lucario and the mystery of Mew! (I couldn't help it)

Lost Link is perhaps the greatest sub set EVER. Its-broken. Palkia GX and Lost World say hi. Enter one of the most broken decks in the format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back