The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Join the new discussion!* *New banners!*

Yeah I agree w/Seth. Also since I can't go to regs... I have had a LOT of extra time to look @ RL, and I've found two decks that seem to actually to be pretty good one is getting hype and the other didn't get much-(also Henry I don't care if you know what i'm playing cuz i'd lose to you anyways :p
Scizor seems to be very good in my testing, w/ ERL it can beat pretty much anything.
T-Tar w/ Umbreon and starters is also good, not tested yet but again w/ a tankish like HP and quick attacks and ability to lock L-Chomp is very good

Seth1789110 said:
You start your opening hand with 7 cards. If Sableye is there, you play Sableye. Thats 6 cards. You draw. 7. Usually, you Impersonate a collectors first turn for like 3 Magikarp. 10 cards. Your turn again. 11 cards. Your gonna Felicities, right? Dump 2. 9 cards. Draw 4. 13 cards. Usually you have one more way of dumping that third Magikarp. Lets say its Regice. You bench Regice. You bench the Magikarp you are gonna evolve into Gyrados. Thats 11 cards. Discard 2, one of them being Magikarp. 9 cards. Lets say you have a Luxury ball and a BTS to grab that Gyrados. So you play them both. 7 cards.

Now. In all of this conventional, average set up, you have set up your Gyrados. Its all set to do 90 damage. So your all set up. Of course, you did it, all without the use of a single Claydol. On your next turn, unless you have a supporter and some other form of search power(i.e communication), you wont be able to set up Claydol by then. Your probably gonna wanna play another felicities, in hopes of snagging a belt. Or, if you don't play felicities, your gonna play a bebes or roseannes or collector, and for sure grab Luxray, for sure grab that Chansey, and probably grab a Crobat, just to get your damage output moving. You want to get set up for massive damage, and where does Claydol fit in there? No where. You even be able to get anything with Claydol for a while, because your hand is so large. Gyra doesn't need Claydol.
Claydol is for when you DON'T get that start

Right. And thats a convential, average start. If you DON'T get that start, you would have to waste recourses getting out the Claydol when instead you could be using it to set up Gyrados. Honestly.

Also, Wager, Wager kills you, but if you have claydol you can recover from it

I never saw why Gyarados didn't run Claydol. It can be used in speed decks if you have the bench space.

And I do, Gyra doesn't run too much to have an extra bench space open...

piplup234 said:
Also, Wager, Wager kills you, but if you have claydol you can recover from it

The only deck that runs TGW is PLOX. You should have Sableye active. And you CAN win that whole TGW by the way. Gyrados doesn't run Claydol. It wont ever get use of it, and its just space that can be used for something else. Also, if you play Claydol, now you have to play Unown G, and its a free prize for Luxchomp, its great stall for Flygon variants and Blaziken.

Then why did the winners of 2 states in my area play it and it helped them almost every game? Thats why I play it, maybe in WI masters you dont need it, but in OH seniors you do.

*shrugs*
If you feel the need to burn the space for a Claydol and Unown G, go for it. I would rather use the space for reversals, for plus powers, or some other damage modifier or something.

I already have pluspowers, but no reversals or calls. Might add 4 calls and take out some stuff.

Yeah, it's not that Claydol is BAD in Gyarados, it's just there are other cards I'd rather run.

Exactly. And one of the 4 cards I would run is calls. Because on the off chance you DON'T get a Sableye start, a Magikarp start is terribad.

Seth1789110 said:
Exactly. And one of the 4 cards I would run is calls. Because on the off chance you DON'T get a Sableye start, a Magikarp start is terribad.
I guess, OK

I'd try 4 call I played it at first but since you run a TON of basics i find you usually get 2 poke start anyways so you are usually okay. Also play Lux GL X before even considering Reversals....

^Agreed if you want a chance at beating Cursegar w/ two Mime. All because of Luxray, I swept through Cursegar at States. Call is needed in case of getting a non-Sableye start. With 4 Call, I comfortably run only three Sableye.

And for Claydol, it's not needed in Gyarados, but is an option to run.

Yeah, I might scrap combee, 1 sableye, and claydol 2 add 4 calls

If you are scrapping Combee, be sure to have Palmer's as its replacement. If... let's say against Cursegar... they have two Tomb in play, your only hope of actually recovering is Bright Looking some Pokemon up to use Pokemon Rescue (getting out of the Trainer lock with two Tomb in play.)

Well in that situation I send up cursegar, recover, and OHKO it and they loose right there...

You don't really need Palmer's or Combee just bright look with luxray then pokemon rescue.

You joined Austin? Welcome, and in my last post thats what I said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back