The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Battle Roads, Battle Roads, Battle Roads!

I have a battle roads this weekend. Hope I can win. :)

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! *Battle Roads, Battle Roads, Battle Roads!

Good Luck. ^^^ :)

Sorry I haven't been on in a while because of finals. Anyway with the MD-On format, I have been testing Flyclops (MD-On) and seems to do pretty well with just Uxie. Should I run SSU in the deck?

Anyone think GeChamp can still run after the format change? It could be tough but if it can be done, then it would do quite well...

I've ran GeChamp before and won a BR's with it. I haven't tried it yet for the MD-On format yet.

yeah, if you can somehow make up for consistency loss of Claydol in GeChamp, it would be a total beast in a G-less format.

Uxie sorta works... maybe Unown R+Poke Rescue?

Gechamp is already not too much of a consistent deck. Losing Claydol hurts it, but you definitely need a better draw engine than R/R. Except for anything with Dusknoir in it, decks that require two stage-2's get hurt quite a lot. Hmm... I'd say to try out Dodrio from SV. It is Luxray bait, but at least provides a draw without Claydol. A decent, consistent, slow draw.

That brings me to my next point. Gengar SF alone. No Claydol forces the meta to focus around Uxie for some draw power, or anything else with a Poke Power. Easy Shadow Rooms. Then take Vileplume as a tech for some nice locking, I can Poltergeist for some high damage. I don't have to be concerned about those Trainers going away with Cosmic Power either. Since Gengar itself is fast and doesn't need much draw, it can easily afford some extra Uxie spaces. Hey, maybe even Dusgar!

jirachinick said:
Anyone think GeChamp can still run after the format change? It could be tough but if it can be done, then it would do quite well...

I don't think it will work to well without claydols. Maybe just plane Gengar or Machamp. But if you can make a consistent 1 then you'll probably do well with it. We also don't know if we're getting gengar prime.

After rotation GeChamp is toast, no claydol kills it. Gengar will still be good and Machamp will still be good but the combo won't work, if it does i'll be the first one to play it though :p

I'm testing if GeChamp can run without Claydol this week, and I'll be the first one to use it, (sorry, you'll be second) if it can run, that would be amazing

Bah. Missing my Battle Roads due to a deance recital :(
I really think that something will come out soon enough to replace the consistency of Claydol, and GeChamp will becaome BDIF. Shut up.

I have a BR tomorrow. Going for Crobat/Tina. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

It's kind of funny how I know some people who wanted Claydol to go out just so much, but now they are so mad that Claydol is being rotated out. I understand why, it's just kind of amusing. lol the next best Claydol we have is Zone Prime, but that's not going to last. I'm hoping another Claydol doesn't come out, so a BDIF won't "exist."

I think it was funny how last year, everyone wanted Claydol to stay, and now they want it to leave, sadly, as long is here, their will still be a BDIF... wondering if when Uxie finally leaves, if fire decks will be BDIF with Ninetlales in the format

^
I don't think it will, there's bound to be some form of draw power and if fire does become Judge says hi and Ninetales Power becomes discard, lose fistful of cards...

The BR was pretty small, seniors played 3 rounds with no top cut. I went 2-1, barely losing the second game and got 2 packs, in which I notbaly pulled a top half of Entei/Raikou LEGEND, which I needed. Sadly, this is the best I've ever done, but I've still really evolved a lot since my first non-PR tourney a year ago, another Spring Battle Roads.

There must be another more solid all around draw engine card. Sooner or later somthing will come up. As we have seen in the past, many cards have similar effects as other cards. I bet we will get somthing similar to claydol (other then zone prime) in the near future.

I hope so or maybe they'll just rotate out the engines and put in like a Pidgeot card or something like that. I didn't go to any Spring BR 's :(
I got my POP rewards though today, got Lucians/Upper...

I got my PR's 2, I got eveythin =]

What were the sleeves this time?
Also why couldn't they give us like a good supporter and call energy instead(will admit the upper does look pretty awesome too bad it phails now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back