The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! READ THE FIRST POST LINK MEMBERS

That's 2-0 us :)
Also shadoworganoid, see if he can get on a friend's computer or if you can get repaired.
Also for Steelix, i think lunatone is a good idea, i'll have to try it out, also Gliscor i'm going to be on vacation soon(Florida), so i'm going to be gone for a while :)

^No, we only played one game before he left. We didn't get our other match done, and I saw he's trying to get a replacement, even though he is the replacement.

Someone please help me with hamachi!

minimidget94 said:
Someone please help me with hamachi!

Unfortunately I can't really help. I'm kinda busy at the moment. Try PM'ing someone in the group who has RS/Hamachi.

In the Redshark Tourney thing (IDK if that thread is still there...) well, Plato wrote a guide on it.

^Yup. Its as 6-Dimension said. The RedShark tourny is still finishing apparently and thus the guide to use RedShark and Hamachi are still there.

^
I think they're in the finals, also has anyone else played their war game on team typhoon?

I contacted mr. 619 or whatever it is to ask about when to play but he hasnt responded

Good Game on RS Gliscor, I think I get Steelix, it could be out SD, but we'd have to modify the list as the new format coming in August. Is anyone here going to Worlds?

It's easy to play but the problem is that at least in my testing falls behind quickly if you don't get T1 Stream, right now i have a 2-1-2 Kingdra LA line in mine(for Fire like Ape 4 X and ERL both of which one shot it, even on a lesser extent for blaze but you can Ko that w/ a back up steelix...)
Also Blissey works well in Gyrados(PL Blissey not prime)so i think that comboed w/ Volkners's kinda replaces felicity's but you won't be drawing as many cards because you will have a huge hand most of the time..

There's not much discussion so, should we talk about what we want for the upcoming pre-release?

I'm hoping for Scizor Prime mainly, I also want Vileplume and Houdoom.

I'm getting a box so i just want to win the side event :)
The sleeves are cool though(purple w/ Umbreon+Espeon, first NON legend sleeves :)

Hi guys, I was recently accepted here. I'm looking to get into competitive play, so do you guys have any advice? Any guides I can read, or something? I already found a league near me, I just need advice on how to learn competitive play.

I don't really know any guides, but, some advice, stay away from pyramid lines. In the starter decks you'll see 4 Whismer 2 Loudred and 1 Exploud (4-2-1 Exploud line). You really want to have lines like 4-2-4 Exploud (4 Whismer, 2 Loudred, and 1 Exploud). Also don't use more than 2 different main types of Pokemon, i.e don't use Magmortar, Tangrowth, and Swapert in the same deck, one they have no synergy, but the energy would be to different to draw into it. Some Trainers you might want to look into are Rare Candy, Poke drawer +, Plus Power, Roseanne's Research, Pokemon Collector, Bebe's Search, Pokemon Communication, and Pokedex. Draw Engines like Uxie and Claydol are good. The Jwittz videos are pretty good, they can also teach you to play SP's in episode 7.

CyndaquilMaster said:
I don't really know any guides, but, some advice, stay away from pyramid lines. In the starter decks you'll see 4 Whismer 2 Loudred and 1 Exploud (4-2-1 Exploud line). You really want to have lines like 4-2-4 Exploud (4 Whismer, 2 Loudred, and 1 Exploud). Also don't use more than 2 different main types of Pokemon, i.e don't use Magmortar, Tangrowth, and Swapert in the same deck, one they have no synergy, but the energy would be to different to draw into it. Some Trainers you might want to look into are Rare Candy, Poke drawer +, Plus Power, Roseanne's Research, Pokemon Collector, Bebe's Search, Pokemon Communication, and Pokedex. Draw Engines like Uxie and Claydol are good. The Jwittz videos are pretty good, they can also teach you to play SP's in episode 7.

Thanks! Why exactly 4-2-4, though?

And also, where can I find these "Jwittz videos?"

I'll make sure to look into those Trainers.

Well 4-2-4 or 4-3-4 or if there was a lv X then you would play 4-2-3-1. Theyre just proven as the best.

42 chocolate said:
Thanks! Why exactly 4-2-4, though?

And also, where can I find these "Jwittz videos?"

I'll make sure to look into those Trainers.
The maxed Basic means it's easy to start with, and the maxed Stage 2 makes it easy to draw into. The reason you play with fewer Stage 1s is beacause it;s assumed that any Stage 2 Deck will be played with Rare Candy (which allows you too skip the Stage 1. In this case Loudred).
Here's a link to JWittz. I suggest you watch all of them, because they are all info-packed and funny. Oh, and welcome to the TCG :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJWittz

^Yeah, if you see the 1st episode you'll know why I used Exploud as an example, it isn't that good, I'd suggest using Stage 2's like Flygon RR, Machamp SF, and Gengar SF as they're good, and pretty popular. Also did I mention the Stadium Broken Time-Space? It allows you to skip the once per turn evolution rule.

Also, Gliscor. You might want to consider getting 1-2 more Co-leaders. If that RS tourny had started when you were busy and for some reason I was away, it never would have happened.

I contacted the guy I was supposed to play for the RS war, but he never pmed me back. what should I do about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back