The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! READ THE FIRST POST LINK MEMBERS

In Kingdra? Running three Spray might be overkill. You would usually have a Kingdra active, Uxie benched, maybe another Kingdra just for Spray Splash, and perhaps three SP's or maybe more Kingdra/Uxie for draw and swarm. It could work though.

yeah it was just in my rough draft. just something I pretty much threw together. but I might take one out for like a 4th cyrus or something. since cyrus=spray in most cases

The first time I've played Palkia lock in a year. I was very good with the deck last year, and now I suck with it. lolz.

@minimidget: Let me know the results. I'm interested in trying it.

How do you suddenly get bad with a deck? I know you can make play mistakes but to go from good to bad, IDK. Anyways who thinks Palkia will be good next year? It can block powers but with Uxie's IDK if it's the best choice for SP's. Right now I'm trying out Donphan/Luxray. It works great in a MD-On format being converted into an SP deck.

Hey does anyone know if we have an official redshark network? If not, someone should make one

EDIT: and to reply to the last post, Palkia lock works really well MD on. I find that against dialgachomp (the only thing that is played in my area, literally) you should use sprays for early game uxies/azelf and save mesprit to stop them from healing with garchomp. Energy exchange unit will help it SO much, but lost world will kill it (if it comes out)

The biggest card Palkia lock loses is Azelf MT. It will definitely tilt Palkia's SP matchups down a bit, but for the most part with Mesprit the deck can still handle those SP's. And with the loss of Claydol, Power Spraying Uxies and constantly throwing down Mesprit is probably one of the best way to slow down a deck. EEU really does help Palkia too, since you can get an easy DCE search into a constant Hydro Shot snipe.

I don't really know why I just suddenly became bad at the deck. I guess it's just the general fact that I haven't played an SP deck since Arceus came out :/

I made a Storms Network,

Network: The Storms
Password: #1PokebeachGroup

No spaces in the password, but there is a space in the ID, IDK if anyone else made one, but we should have a redshark network.

CyndaquilMaster said:
I made a Storms Network,

Network: The Storms
Password: #1PokebeachGroup

No spaces in the password, but there is a space in the ID, IDK if anyone else made one, but we should have a redshark network.

Thanks Cyndaquil. Yeah, I kinda didn't really make an RS network, but I didn't think a lot of members had RS.

Gliscor said:
The biggest card Palkia lock loses is Azelf MT. It will definitely tilt Palkia's SP matchups down a bit, but for the most part with Mesprit the deck can still handle those SP's. And with the loss of Claydol, Power Spraying Uxies and constantly throwing down Mesprit is probably one of the best way to slow down a deck. EEU really does help Palkia too, since you can get an easy DCE search into a constant Hydro Shot snipe.

I don't really know why I just suddenly became bad at the deck. I guess it's just the general fact that I haven't played an SP deck since Arceus came out :/

Actually Azelf was like the only thing it lost haha. It was one of my first SP decks, and Ive started learning how to play it pretty well, at first I had a terrible build and I played it really badly.

minimidget94 said:
Actually Azelf was like the only thing it lost haha. It was one of my first SP decks, and Ive started learning how to play it pretty well, at first I had a terrible build and I played it really badly.
Palkia also loses Roseanne's, but that's still replacable. And Unown G for Machamp.

very true. But I think collectors is better than roseannes anyway, and palkia should beat machamp if you can snipe machop or machoke. its a really hard matchup none the less.

I think Palkia Lock has a very favorable Machamp match-up, it can slow it down with Sprays and Mespirits. Without the set-up it will lose steam fast, and will fall after 1 machamp and might not even set up one.

I would place it about even depending if you play uxie X and/or toxitank. that would really swing the match in your favor. What do you think about the tool count? Ive been testing 3 belt 2 gain, since gain is searchable. plus, My best early game attacker is a Turn 2 palkia with water, DCE and belt while locking. and what energy lines do you play? I play 6 water and 4 DCE and once I get 2 warp energy Ill take out my warp points for them

Gliscor, I took shadoworganoid off the Members list as he is still being shown in two TCG Groups.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Gliscor, I took shadoworganoid off the Members list as he is still being shown in two TCG Groups.

dmaster out.

OK, thanks.

@Discussion:
With the release of EEU coming out soon, playing DCE will be much more easier in pretty much all decks. Palkia Lock can easily use this to get an advantage of Belt. My Energy lines are 4 Water, 1 Psychic (Promocroak), 4 Call (helps in a bad start) and 4 DCE. I'm considering taking out Call though, since I haven't used it much. Or maybe just one or two.

For Belt/E-Gain amounts, I'm doing 3 Gain and two Belt, but I haven't tested that much yet.

Energy Exchange unit, it's coming out in the next set.

Energy exchange unit.. so excited for that

Good game, Minimidget. But seriously, those were terrible starts to only get like one Energy.

IMO, what seems like the best Mewtwo counter in Palkia lock other than sniping/Dialga G? I'm looking towards Xatu, since I don't like discarding those Tools with Mismagius.

I dont think you really need a mewtwo counter. In my build, I focus alot on sniping (with 2-2 garchomp C and 3-1 palkia G) with 4 DCE you should be able to snipe it, unless they start with like 1-1 in their opening hand. And yeah that was pretty bad, when dmaster and I swapped decks at league he said he had like 5 energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back