The Student Lounge Thread

Which school? There should always be one school that offers IB in your area and you can make the argument to transfer because you want to take IB

^ I would only be able to go to that school for a really good reason why i cant go to my base school, and more than 75% of the time, they dont accept your request.

The only one for me is Thomas Edison HS, but im not allowed to go there. And i think i will take the chance to stand out in a school with AP.

Actually, I know its really easy to transfer because most of my good friends all transfered with the simple reason that they wanted to do IB instead of AP

^ Im too lazy, plus going to TJ would look really good, and if i dont, i stand out in my base school. So it is a win win situation for me.

Going to TJ makes no difference when you are going to a colledge, it just "prepares" you for the college enviroment, but according people i know, my friends dad is on the selection board for UVA and he told me that it doesnt matter, all that matters is GPA, SAT scores, and ACT scores

^ Getting into TJ shows intelligence. One of my tutors got into TJ, and she got accepted into UVA. TJ is a really goo school for teaching and such, thats why its hard to get in.

@thefleeee: LOL. AP overrated? How?
Eh, I'm not too worried about college- my friends complain about their 4.5 GPA's claiming it's "awful", while I have a 4.2. I think that being class president, a Freshman Focus mentor, a member of National Honors Society, and my commitment to Tae Kwon Do will get me into a pretty good school. Hopefully :3

Meh, why am I even worried about this? I shouldn't really be too worried about college until Junior year. Ah well, it's a good thing to keep in the back of your mind.

And yeah, things like TJ make you look sooper-hot on your college aps, so it certainly doesn't hurt to look into that.

I just think that AP pales in comparrison to IB, considering that IB is usefull worldwide whereas AP is only for this country

And that makes AP inferior...? From what I understand, they're pretty much the same thing in terms of admission to college. It all depends on what you want to do/where you want to go. Besides, I don't know how many students want to go to school outside of their country, let alone plan on it.

In the world, the wont accept you if you took AP, they want to see how well and proficient you are in your work.

My math teacher gave me some homework which i'm going to do so I can get out of a test which my teacher said, I got to do it Monday.

^ I wish i could take it, i just dont know what to do on how to change schools. I might look in to it if i dont get into TJ, but then again, that would be pretty late in the year.

@ Hyperbeem, i would like to major either in Medical Science, or something like computer science. I want to work at nintendo. :p

Even though I already knew this, I'm going to have a art class this new semester. People say the teacher is mean.

Back