Tier List (Update: 12/9)

RE: Tier List

Dark Void said:
While that is true, Reshiphlosion is better against many other decks.
I agree with you. :p Ppl don't seem to read my previous post's bolded parts. I think i put it again so ppl won't miss it

Don't compare which is better just cus of that certain TyRam vs. Reshiboar matchup.... Compare after you tried both decks against other metagame decks than eachother.

T-king, I think you should make a separate group for Tier 1.5 and Tier 2.5. For example, decks like Donchamp and Magnezone variants should be Tier 1.5, while Serperior/Reuniclus(w/either Donphan or Zekrom) and Steelix should be Tier 2.5.

Yoshidude10 said:
T-king, I think you should make a separate group for Tier 1.5 and Tier 2.5. For example, decks like Donchamp and Magnezone variants should be Tier 1.5, while Serperior/Reuniclus(w/either Donphan or Zekrom) and Steelix should be Tier 2.5.
Also Wailord TR fits somewhat with Serperior/Reuniclus even tho it's slower in attacks than those but it's really hard to ohko if not impossible with non-electric types to make up for it.

Yoshidude10 said:

I'll make a 1.5. I don't know about 2.5 though, but I might. I'll try and think of ways to move the decks to 1.5 and 2.5.

Zhaituki said:
I agree with you. :p Ppl don't seem to read my previous post's bolded parts. I think i put it again so ppl won't miss it

Don't compare which is better just cus of that certain TyRam vs. Reshiboar matchup.... Compare after you tried both decks against other metagame decks than eachother.

Responding to the bold post, I'd say it does matter, because head to head is important, not only that it makes a difference vs Stage 1 decks running Zoroark, which will be popular at Worlds, as I'm talking current Worlds format, NO CATCHER, I'm sure that your Yanmega/Zone matchup will be similar, and Magneboar, Yanmegas both struggle vs these decks. I don't personally see how Emboar is extremely inferior to Typhlosion in matchups. I see both have pros and cons, which makes it hard for me to make a choice. Typhlosion has better energy recovery, but damages a Reshiram. Emboar has 4 retreat. You only need 1 Boar out with another Tepig on the bench. From testing there matchups seem to be similar. I don't see how they wouldn't be.

I feel when Catcher comes out, Typhlosion will be superior. However, I do agree that at this point they are somewhat even. Wasting 4 energy will not help you, and when you run out of Switches you're in trouble. Typhlosion doesn't experience this problem, because you can manually retreat them by attaching 2 energy anyway, and then send up another powered-up Reshiram. The only thing in TyRam that they can really threaten is Ninetales, because of its 90 HP(even so, if they can't one-shot you, Ninetales just retreats like everyone else).

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration, T-King. Yeah, I'm not sure if a Tier 2.5 is necessary, but Tier 1.5 is good for people to speculate on.

Tier 1
Yanmega Stuff
Reshiboar
TyRam
Stage 1 Toolbox (PhanMegaCinoArk combinations)
DonphanDragons

Tier 1.5
Magneboar
Donchamp
MewBox Variants

Tier 2
LostGar

Tier 3
Everything else

Tyraniking said:
I'll make a 1.5. I don't know about 2.5 though, but I might. I'll try and think of ways to move the decks to 1.5 and 2.5.

Tyraniking, I just checked the Tier List and I don't see a Tier 1.5.

I know. Sorry, I've been really busy with a lot of stuff going on in my life, and, to be honest, this was sort of secondary. But now I'm going to make it a priority and redo the list.

RE: Tier List (Update: 7/28)

Dude bro, this list is looking a lot better! When I first saw it, I almost cried, but now I can agree with most of the decks placement. I don't see Magneboar on that list anywhere, I played three Magneboars at Nats, 2 of which ended up top cutting. I don't think that a single Lostgar topped at Nats, but I would bet my life that in all age divisions combined at least 100 Magneboar did. I was going to argue against Typhosion Reshiram being tier 1.5, but then I look at what the top 128 deck at Nats where in Master. Oh man, it preformed much better than I thought it did.

RE: Tier List (Update: 7/28)

Soul Seeker said:
Tier 2:
Energy Search

Quit trolling.

As my explanation said, using Energy Search with Junk Arm searches a free Energy out. It's not great, but can be used.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Dude bro, this list is looking a lot better! When I first saw it, I almost cried, but now I can agree with most of the decks placement. I don't see Magneboar on that list anywhere, I played three Magneboars at Nats, 2 of which ended up top cutting. I don't think that a single Lostgar topped at Nats, but I would bet my life that in all age divisions combined at least 100 Magneboar did. I was going to argue against Typhosion Reshiram being tier 1.5, but then I look at what the top 128 deck at Nats where in Master. Oh man, it preformed much better than I thought it did.

Thanks! Anyway, I think I'll edit Magneboar into tier 2. I might even edit Reshiram/Typhlosion to be low tier 1. But I'll think about that later.

RE: Tier List (Update: 7/30, yes, I'm updating it daily)

lol There is no reason a Tier 1.5/2.5 should exist. Tier 1.5 should be collapsed into Tier 2 and Tier 2.5 should be collapsed into Tier 3. A Tier for one/two decks is absolutely pointless.

That being said, Kingdra/Yanmega should be Tier 1. It had a lot of showings in Top Cut and overall IMO to be included somewhere by name and not just by "Yanmega varients or Kingdra varients". That's a disservice to the deck.

dmaster out.

Just change Mew with Jumpluff to Mexbox. It's better that way.

I think Sage's Training should be put in Tier 2, as it isn't a staple since I don't see it in many deck-related articles at http://google.com/.

Back