Tier List (Update: 12/9)

RE: Tier List (Update: 7/31, yes, I'm updating it daily)

@Storm_Front: You forgot how Catcher is a way to score easy KO's, not JUST to stall.

@6-Dimension: HOW did I forget Samurott. I used to LOVE Samurott. I'm making it lower Tier 2.

Dark Void said:
Scizorliscious said:
That's not the point. The point is that people will run more Catcher than they would Reversal because it doesn't have a flip. Now you're more likely to draw into something that has a 100% chance of working because you run more of it, so it hinders your opponent that much more. Where people would play 2 or 3 Reversal, they'll now play 4 Catcher. And believe me when I say the flips matter– 4 easy KOs off of Catcher makes the game really easy. Only, say, 2 off of Reversal can be a challenge.

Actually, I have to say it would be the opposite. Many decks run 4 reversal in order to guarentee some heads while some decks will run 1-2 catcher due to it being a guarenteed heads so you can just use junk arm to reuse if needed.
You have better stuff to use Junk Arm on, though. I feel like 4 Catcher will be common just to make sure you're able to get one when it's needed, at the very least 3 Catcher.

I wouldn't say 4 because they can be a dead draw early game if the opponent starts with 1 or 2 of the same basic. I personally would run 4 Junk Arms, and 3 Catcher for consistancy. Thats 6 Catcher's with 1 Junk Arm to spare, and you probably won't need to Catcher for all your kos. Depending on the deck, 2-5 kos will be taken with the assistance of Junk Arm.

glaceon said:
I wouldn't say 4 because they can be a dead draw early game if the opponent starts with 1 or 2 of the same basic. I personally would run 4 Junk Arms, and 3 Catcher for consistancy. Thats 6 Catcher's with 1 Junk Arm to spare, and you probably won't need to Catcher for all your kos. Depending on the deck, 2-5 kos will be taken with the assistance of Junk Arm.

I run 3 junk arms and 3 catchers in my decks usually. But well that also depends on the deck. Using 4 in TyRam cause of energy discarding and rare candies.

Since Emerging Powers will be coming very soon (and the day I come back from my vacation, Emerging Powers will be pre-released), I'm planning to run 4 Junk Arm with 3 or 4 Pokemon Catcher, as it will be a very important card, and consistency.

Why is Magnazone/Emboar Tier 2? It won Worlds!

corabed said:
Why is Magnazone/Emboar Tier 2? It won Worlds!

According to the champion himself, it was Reshiboar with a Magnezone tech. Difference in strategy mostly but also the fact it relied way more heavily on Reshiram than Magneboar does.

3-1-3 line>2 line

Idk, it just seems more like a Magneboar to me, personally. It would be different if the Zone line was 2-1-2 like I thought it was. Nope.

The reason why it's not that high is because now that Catcher is out, the deck is not being talked about as much.

dmaster out.

RE: Tier List (Update: 7/31)

Pokemon Catcher has been released now, so could you please remove the "not released" note?

RE: Tier List (Update: 9/7)

I think stage ones should be moved down to Tier 2 because it doesn't have great matchups and didn't place in worlds. I by no meens am saying it's bad, but I think it has lost many supporters since worlds and battleroads.

I think this is definitely true considering Donphan might be taking a good hit, which is the only real tank Stage 1s have. Otherwise, Stage 1s is really fragile, and has a weak matchup to Tyram and a godawful one to ZPST (which imho should go up a little too). On the other hand, it's been a while since an update, peeps are busy I guess.

I think Sage's Training should definitely be Tier 1, IMO. I see almost all Vileplume decks use it, and some others. If Elm's is there, which is really only used in ReshiPhlosion and the occasional Vileplume (I think), then Sage's should be there, too. Also, I think Cheren may be Tier 2.

Vanilluxe/Vileplume/Victini will be Tier 2 rogue, will T4 many Battle Roads. I hope. I'll be using it!

I like the fact that people thought Sage's Training was absolutely useless when it first came out.
I guess that's how the game goes.

I think it should stay where it is. Not every deck can use it effectively, though what it's used in is usually used pretty well.

Pokefan4000 said:
I like the fact that people thought Sage's Training was absolutely useless when it first came out.
I guess that's how the game goes.

I think it should stay where it is. Not every deck can use it effectively, though what it's used in is usually used pretty well.

Switch too. But we have Pokemon Catcher had Reshiphlosion now and don't have Uxie or Claydol. Sage's is one of the best deck thinning cards right now, second only to Juniper and potentially Magnetic Draw. I did have a friend who used Sage's well even last format though...

I do think Sage's should move up though, or at least PETM should move down. PETM didn't really live up to expectations. Even Vileplume decks rely on communication to get Vileplume out. Next update should add Eviolite as well.

Also, don't look now, but N's going up on the scale. Just watch.

Since when have we updated this thread? I'll be fixed soon.

Back