BW/BW2 Triple Battles

Tangrowth said:
Has this been officially confirmed, or is everyone just going by the picture? Cos that could be anything, like the trainer talking to her own Pokemon, or an ingame event like the safari zone or a contest, or a cutscene tutorial or something.
Why do you have to send your Pokemon out before the opponent does? It's weird.
Has there been any OFFICIAL confirmation, cos I don't think this is a move forward for Game Freak, so would they really do it...?

Yeah, there's actually video game footage of hihidaruma hitting the black dress pokemon with a fire attack. That sounds like battling to me.

I just thought, since there will be triple battles in the anime.....does that mean that Ash, Iris and the other new guy might team up for triple battles?

Dizzard said:
Yeah, there's actually video game footage of hihidaruma hitting the black dress pokemon with a fire attack. That sounds like battling to me.

I just thought, since there will be triple battles in the anime...does that mean that Ash, Iris and the other new guy might team up for triple battles?
It might be. Ash, Iris, and the other guy might team up eventually in the anime and fight. Also in the game probably you will have to team up with two other people along the road and fight.

Ice Arceus said:
It might be. Ash, Iris, and the other guy might team up eventually in the anime and fight. Also in the game probably you will have to team up with two other people along the road and fight.
I hope what are you saying will be true.

I really think you guys should reserve judgment until we learn how the mechanics of triple battles work.

I'm a bit skeptical, but they wouldn't just throw this in just to throw it in, especially something as huge as this.

It sounds awesome :D
It would be cool to use all the starters in the one battle, at the same time! And some cool attack ideas will most likely come from it. It's probably going to be longer... Indifference... it's not fun D:

I dont want to jump the gun and say triple battles will be terrible.... because I haven't even tried them yet.... but I hope they are such a big part of the game that single battles are somewhat ignored.... If they balance triple battles like they did with double and single battles in gen 4 then ill be happy :)

I wanna see some combonation attacks i.e. tsutaja uses leaf storm, pokabu uses fire blast, mijumaru uses hydro pump and you get an ubertastic move.

superfoof said:
I wanna see some combonation attacks i.e. tsutaja uses leaf storm, pokabu uses fire blast, mijumaru uses hydro pump and you get an ubertastic move.

Go, triple finish!
It's super effective!
Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Giuseppe said:
Go, triple finish!
It's super effective!
Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Porygon's Delta attack performed literally lol.

Fire Blast , Blizzard and Thunder would be awesome.

Team porygon ftw.

triple battles are interesting and it looks like it will give more strategy to the games,combinations of attacks would be really useful and fun but i do not think battles will get more than three pokemon at the time because there would be more than three trainers at a time, in triple battles there could be two trainers and three pokemon each or three trainers and two pokemon each

man now i have to carry 2 flying types with me so i can use earthquake :p. i like double battles but idk about triple

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Triple battles is the most ridiculous idea Game Freak could of come up with.
What was wrong with double battles? Heck, who knows, there might be quadruple battles in the 6th generation... (if there is one).

lol or just make your whole party battle in an all out war :p

Its all about what the VGC does with this. :)
I hope they will include triple battles into the tournament.

Giuseppe said:
Go, triple finish!
It's super effective!
I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'm just wondering how the trainer arrangement would work. It would have to be like this:
.....T
T......T
In which case it would be easy to avoid triple battles, unless they did it like this:
.T
T T
But then you couldn't clear the path, because the trainers wouldn't move.
Unless, of course, when one trainer sees you, they all see you.
Maybe, then you can take two partners with you? (Like Marley)
How will this work?

vaporchu8 said:
Oh waaa they are adding more depth to the game and it requires actual strategy and some real thinking rather than mindless button mashing. It sucks now!!!

^Is what I see.

We have only seen all of 7 seconds of Triple Battles, and people are already writing them off as terrible and bad. And for those of you that fear quadruple or more in the future...don't. Even the 3DS's screen is too small to hold that many Pokemon and their HUDs on screen at once.

I'm thinking that if they had kept this the same as the last gen, yall would be spouting "It's the same, now it sucks." So now they're trying to help Pokemon evolve past the same system they've used for over a decade and what do people do? Complain! The new Pokemon are ugly, competitive battling is going to be chaos because of Triple Battles, oh noes there are cutscenes that look anime-ish. You haven't even played the game yet, much less see how much three Pokemon out at once affects how the battles play out. [/mytwocents]

My thoughts EXACTLY! Thanks for pointing that out. They seem really fun, and combinations will be fun too. I am thinking we are getting 3 new Eevees and a new set of Plusle/Minun, to go with Triple Battles. I can't wait to try them out!

Just thinking there, With these triple battles we'll be able to have battles like:

Blaistoise, Venusaur and Charizard VS Feraligator, Meganium and Typhlosion.

and battles between legendary trios.....should be very interesting to see those setups.

Triple battles really just seem corny. Double battles were cool, but I knew triple battles were coming (although I passed it off as a silly notion) and they are corny.

All the pokemon that can learn earthquake will dominate in triple battles! This is terrible because so many pokemon learn earthquake! I am actually really excited for triple battles but I hope game freak doesn't make quad battles

Ononokusu13 said:
All the pokemon that can learn earthquake will dominate in triple battles! This is terrible because so many pokemon learn earthquake! I am actually really excited for triple battles but I hope game freak doesn't make quad battles

There are Pokémon with resistance/immunity to earthquake, also the damage may will be split even more, so it doesn't hurt that much.

Back