Pokemon Unpopular Opinions Thread

Ysmir said:
scuba steveE said:
Simisear has just become one of my favorite pokemon. It's so obvious and I never did notice it, I'm a disgrace to my fellow gays. ._. lol

Here's my list:
  • My favorite Generations go: Gen. 3 > Gen. 5 > Gen. 4 > Gen. 1 > Gen. 2 (I haven't included Gen. 6, but it's looking more on the positive side)
  • Contrary to that my favorite starter Pokemon as a whole(I'm not taking their evos into account): Gen. 1 > Gen. 6 > Gen. 3 > Gen. 2 > Gen. 5 > Gen. 4
  • I really like Stunfisk. It has a unique typing and it's generally weird, which I like. I also like it because it has that cheeky smile in it's sprite animation, it's like it's saying "Yeah I know everyone hates me, I love it!"
  • I don't like Gen. 2, mostly because of the designs of the Pokemon and the general design of the game. In other words, I didn't like how the game looked. I also didn't like Heartgold/Soulsilver because the one and only thing I wanted them to do was to make Houndour obtainable during the main game. Not only did they not do that, they made it harder to catch. -_-
  • (Probably the one that will make you hate me)There's only a few Pokemon I hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but one of them is definitely one that a lot of people like and that is Dragonite. I despise this abomination that I'm forced to call a dragon and I would throw a party if it would just vanish. I think most of my hate comes from the fact which is that it evolves from one of my favorite Pokemon: Dragonair. I remembered catching Dratini(which I also love) and training it thinking it was going to evolve into some kickass flying serpentine dragon that eats babies, but nope it evolves into puff puff the moronic dragon. -_______-
How dare you defy Dragonite in such a way. If anything Dragonite deserves your respect as the original awesome Dragon. On top of the fact everyone basically disowned D-nite when Kingdra and Salamence came around. The fact Dragonite isn't serpentine or all rough edges-scaly looking (Yes, I mean you Druddigon) is just a further testament that you don't have to look like some city ravaging evil dragon to be awesome. Word.
Unpopular Opinions Thread
And I did warn you. Only thing I'm going to respond to is "Dragonite deserves my respect" which I'll respond with: lol.

Cinesra said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It would probably look less flaming if it weren't doing some sort of limp-wrist pose.
Lol exactly. Also please please read this; (or just skip to #1!)
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue19/fabulous_pokemon
I didn't think about all those details, but in fact he is also fire pokemon; flamer. Lol.
Honestly I think it could have been intentional after reading that. Maybe not gay, but definitely "fabulous"

Cinesra said:
You mean ganguro.

I guess so, but to a western audience who do not keep up with Japanese culture, Jynx seemed to be in black face. Her black face also reminded me of a golliwog, which is an old doll. I don't think it w as intentionally meant to be racist, but ya know how sensitive the world is.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=golliwog&client=safari&hl=en-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_IudUfKbIOiS0AW0uIGADw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Ysmir said:
scuba steveE said:
Simisear has just become one of my favorite pokemon. It's so obvious and I never did notice it, I'm a disgrace to my fellow gays. ._. lol

Here's my list:
  • My favorite Generations go: Gen. 3 > Gen. 5 > Gen. 4 > Gen. 1 > Gen. 2 (I haven't included Gen. 6, but it's looking more on the positive side)
  • Contrary to that my favorite starter Pokemon as a whole(I'm not taking their evos into account): Gen. 1 > Gen. 6 > Gen. 3 > Gen. 2 > Gen. 5 > Gen. 4
  • I really like Stunfisk. It has a unique typing and it's generally weird, which I like. I also like it because it has that cheeky smile in it's sprite animation, it's like it's saying "Yeah I know everyone hates me, I love it!"
  • I don't like Gen. 2, mostly because of the designs of the Pokemon and the general design of the game. In other words, I didn't like how the game looked. I also didn't like Heartgold/Soulsilver because the one and only thing I wanted them to do was to make Houndour obtainable during the main game. Not only did they not do that, they made it harder to catch. -_-
  • (Probably the one that will make you hate me)There's only a few Pokemon I hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but one of them is definitely one that a lot of people like and that is Dragonite. I despise this abomination that I'm forced to call a dragon and I would throw a party if it would just vanish. I think most of my hate comes from the fact which is that it evolves from one of my favorite Pokemon: Dragonair. I remembered catching Dratini(which I also love) and training it thinking it was going to evolve into some kickass flying serpentine dragon that eats babies, but nope it evolves into puff puff the moronic dragon. -_______-
How dare you defy Dragonite in such a way. If anything Dragonite deserves your respect as the original awesome Dragon. On top of the fact everyone basically disowned D-nite when Kingdra and Salamence came around. The fact Dragonite isn't serpentine or all rough edges-scaly looking (Yes, I mean you Druddigon) is just a further testament that you don't have to look like some city ravaging evil dragon to be awesome. Word.

I have to agree with Ysmir. Sorry Scuba, but I was totally on bored with the first part and then you got to dragonite (my fav dragon) and I had to unlike your post. Lol
It's probably also because he's gen 1, but I like him because he's not badass looking like the others. He's cute, but still holds his own in battle against the other dragons. I do agree that compared to dragonair he looks out of place, but none the less I love him.

evilpacman said:
- I like that IVs are hidden and I wish that EVs had never been acknowledged by Gamefreak.
It's not like being acknowledge really would've mattered. Fans would've found it in the code anyway, just like they found legendaries such as Arceus before they were officially released. Not only that, but EV's were made for players to find out about. They only exist so players can train their Pokemon's stats, so obviously Game Freak would want players to know about a system made just for more competitive play.
[/quote]

When I meant acknowledged, I was really talking about items that allow you to speed up your EV training. Even if Gamefreak wanted them to learn about it, I think I would have liked it if it was left in the dark. Sure, people would find out about it so I guess its really an opinion of mine that wouldnt work out no matter what. I just like the idea of Pokemon being different.

Chariblaze said:
Having watched about 200 episodes in a row spanning pretty muh all the arcs these past few months, I feel I've gained a bit of perspective on why a lot of people dropped off the anime after season 8, and I don't think it was just the new dub team: Really, it started on the tailend of season 8 (which was still done by 4Kids), when Ash and co. set out for the Battle Frontier. The Battle Frontier arc and DP stuff are really similar to the Hoenn stuff in structure, except for Team Rocket. TR visited TRHQ after the Hoenn League, and basically decided they wanted to change their image. How do they do that? No, not just a new motto, by incorporating a lot of humor that I'd assume is lost to those outside of Japan. Incessant and unfulfilling rhymes upon rhymes upon rhymes. Really odd stuff in Snowpoint City where Jessie just says the same word for about 20 seconds while moving her giant head. Just, stuff like that. Someone well versed in the non-dubbed anime would probably tell me the new dub team just doesn't do a good job or that the writing in general isn't great, but I still think there's something to this TR stuff. So what does BW do? Bam, let's get rid of this new TR and make them the cool, occasional bad guys that hardly use any humor. Really, for the western audience where most of this humor was being lost (imo), I feel that was a brilliant decision. And then bam, let's just speed up the pace of Ash's gym badges and make anything in between feel worthwhile, either by doing big tournaments, evolutions galore, side character interactions, or general fun stuff like the Bouffalant episode. I really, really dig it, and feel it shouldn't be piled in with DP in what was an odd time for the anime with its odder humor.

That's probably the few things the BW animé did right. However, the negatives outweigh the positives, as Ash is getting worse and worse and the guys he's traveling with just get more stale.

1mkj4.jpg

I liked a lot about Gen 4, except for the engine, the battle graphics, the music (there were only a handful of good tracks), and the lag time.
And when all is said and done and the plot is over, the bad stuff still hung around. That's why Gen 4 is, and remains, my least favorite.

Except in HGSS. That was cool.

I don't like playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald; only because of its health bar in battles.
I didn't like playing Diamond/Pearl/Platinum either; because I felt the game was kind of slower.

^Honestly I don't see how DPPt was slower... Well, I heard DP was kinda slow but I have Platinum and then I bought a copy of Emerald to get a few pokémon and it was so much slower, it was a total pain playing that game...

DP are horribly slow. Platinum's a bit faster, but saving your game takes longer.

1.G/S/C
2.R/S/E
3.R/B/Y
4.B/W2
5.B/W
6.D/P/P

Nostalgia, is a key factor in my decisions. If I enjoy X/Y they will probably go 4th
That's the order of which I like the Pokémon main series, remakes don't count.

I do not like Gen 3. Simple as that. It's not the Pokemon, nor the region itself, BUT REALLY in the end you're so underleveled for the E4 you literally must buy a whole stack of Revives + Full Restores to keep going.

I get confused when people talk favorite and least favorite generations because I only define them by the pokemon that came out....I honestly never care about the features added to the games, or their storylines. I lost interest even playing them long ago. Gen 5 is my favorite of all time, but I didn't buy any of the games....I actually don't even play video games at all anymore, really.

They were only ever tools for getting the pokemon you wanted.

The only parts of DPPt I found slow, was the surfing and when you just encountered a Pokémon.

Bogleech said:
I get confused when people talk favorite and least favorite generations because I only define them by the pokemon that came out....I honestly never care about the features added to the games, or their storylines. I lost interest even playing them long ago. Gen 5 is my favorite of all time, but I didn't buy any of the games....I actually don't even play video games at all anymore, really.

They were only ever tools for getting the pokemon you wanted.

Me too. I mean, I like playing the games but I only play them so I can have the pokémon, don't really care much about the rest...

The DP Series and the RSE Series are not slow, it's just that it has the most non-linear story in the whole series. Which mean it's not a straight line like BW, but I still enjoy all of them.

I also read DP runs at 30 FPS compared to BW 60 FPS which is why it felt slow.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
The story and the locations are what make the game, not just the Pokémon.

To me, that matters when comparing games... Withing the game itself, my main goal is always collecting the pokémon so that's the reason I even bother buying them...

Back