Pokemon Unpopular Opinions Thread

Delta said:
Gen V was horrific. And before I get shouted at AGAIN by the Gen V fanboys it's not solely because of the Pokemon.

Don't fret, Gen V was my least favourite as well. I liked the moving sprites, but that's the only reason it would be my favourite game to play.

I didn't really know that this are unpopular opinions, but after the opinions of others I read in the last few weeks, it seems like I'm a majority *g*
First, I don't like Cynthia. Don't know why she is so famous. She is just another champ for me, and a really annoying one. I don't talk about her Garchomp or something, that's all cool. But is she just stalking me? I feel like meet her every five steps. She even followed me to Unova D; Really, no other champ was that ... clingy? At least in my opinion xD
And second, I don't think that the first gen was "so hardcore". I read multiple times that this games were really hard, but, I mean... Back then, I was a Little child and I played through my Red just with my Charizard... After you beat Brock, it isn't that hard anymore for this Pokémon xD And, common, the NPC's never were really clever... I just don't get it ^^

Generation I is my least favorite.
Generation V is my favorite thus far.
I really like Trubbish/Garbodor.
I don't care for Cynthia and her appearance in Gen V pretty much annoyed me.

Even hinting at the dislike of Cynthia is an abomination in my eyes. But I still love you jdiv. :p

Don't really know how unpopular any of these are, but...

I dislike most legendary pokémon. There are a small few that are decent, but the only ones I actually *like* are Mew and Keldeo.
4th gen is best gen, though 3rd gen gets a tonne of bonus points for giving me both Tropius and Whiscash.
I wish there was much less of a power divide between evolved pokémon and their unevolved forms.
I wish we were given more of a reason to care about the Elite 4 and/or champion as characters. Maybe watching the anime would help with that.

Liking Cynthia is unpopular, and disliking Cynthia is also unpopular?
I love this thread.

DNA said:
I love this thread.

Well, you can only "judge" by what you hear/read from others, so you never know 100% whether it's unpopular or not... I see everywhere Cynthia fan boys and don't get it, that's why I wrote that xD Shall we start a poll to determine the truth? xD

Cynthia's mediocore in my eyes ;)
I dislike Dunsparce, he looks constipated (however you spell it) and is useless in the TCG/VG/Collecting for both TCG and VG.
I like forms.
I dislike the fairy concept.

DNA said:
I love this thread.

The unpopular opinion of not liking Cynthia started to become popular in this thread and so I stated that I like Cynthia as now, in minority, my opinion is the unpopular one...:p

Alright, post 151. Speaking of post 151, there are only 151 real pokemon.

I frogot to mention that I like the new BW format and EXs rock.

Metalizard said:
DNA said:
I love this thread.

The unpopular opinion of not liking Cynthia started to become popular in this thread and so I stated that I like Cynthia so now, in minority, my opinion is the unpopular one...:p

...My brain hurts...

I think there should be more monkey, cat, and dog Pokémon. We still need IMO:
Siamese
Calico
Dalmatian
Chihuahua
Mandrill
Baboon

Reggie McGigas said:
Dunsparce, he looks constipated
Your point?

Let's see what I've got...

• I like the new Mewtwo better than the old one
  • Jynx is an amazing Pokémon
  • Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia
  • Nuzleaf is cooler than Absol
  • Milotic really isn't that pretty
  • Lickitung should have never evolved
  • Neither should have Magmar
  • ...or Yanma
  • Snivy < Oshawott
  • I love Vanillite & family
  • Cubchoo is adorable, snot-sickle and all
  • I dislike Golurk

AdamLambert said:
I think there should be more monkey, cat, and dog Pokémon. We still need IMO:
Siamese
Calico
Dalmatian
Chihuahua
Mandrill
Baboon

In the Japanese games, Persian is listed in the Pokédex as a Siamese cat. Also, Leafeon may be part Siamese cat.

• Pokemon Blue is the first VG I finished. I hate the game, like the story, but the game I'd never play it again in my life.
  • I like the first two generations most (most of my favourites are there)
  • Gen 1 and 2 pokemon VG were the one's I liked the most (history wise)
  • I really can't stand eevee and the eeveelutions
  • I hate how Moltres looks like
  • Chikorita evolution line pisses me off
  • I really dislike how pokemon always makes a new useless pokemon to catch at the start of the game for every generation (rattata, sentret, zigzagoon...)
  • I think Gen 3 starters are horrible, I played through the game without using the starter.
  • Even tho I generally like the whole creationism theme around pokemon and the history that's been made for it, the Regigigas and the Regis' point is kinda lame.
  • Hate Deoxys
  • Dislike how the number of Dragon pokemons has increased in the last gens.
  • The evolutions made for tangela, magmar and elektabuzz (both the baby and the final forms) are horrible.
  • I think the evolutions of pokemon should be slower. Why the hell should you reach the final evolution at lvl 30 if there is a lvl100 cap? I get that not everyone plays that much, but damn, it's annoying that you can reach the last evolution in a matter of hours if you play as much as I do.
  • I love the EV/IV/Nature system, I like the depth it gives, makes every pokemon different, so hard to get 2 of the same pokemon by catching with no cheat
  • I'm not sure I want a easier way to look at the IVs
  • Really dislike the whole theme on pokemons that can change forme. A couple of them were okay, but ugh, there are so many at this point.
  • Never liked the anime, not even the first season when I was younger.
  • I did like the Manga on pokemon adventure, at least until Gen4, from that point on the story on the game and in the manga becomes really childish, monotone and easy to figure out.
  • There are some fan made games (no fakemons please) that are better than some official games.
  • Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Genesect and the 3 fighthing legendaries are the pokemons I disliked the most from Gen5.
  • And the stupid elemental monkeys, I found them so boring.
  • I think the pokemon designs started getting weaker at Gen4, althought the new released pokemon from Gen6 don't look that bad.
  • Black/White 2 was so not worth the money, I hope gamefreak doesn't do the same with X and Y
  • Tierno means Cute in spanish, hated that name for the chubby kid, poor kid.
  • I love zubats, in fact I had a friend of mine make a sprite for Zubatman for the day I decide to make my own fan VG
    zubatm10.png
    (Feel free to use the sprite)
  • Fighthing is the type I like the least, then comes Dragon because I hate the hype on dragons. (The only dragons I like are Kingdra and Haxorus)
  • Duddrigon looks like a Digimon.
  • I would really love a complete type chart remake
  • I would really love that the gen1 pokemon were fixed to how they should be (caterpie, metapod, venomoth... and the other small mistakes)
  • Gotta love Cloyster
  • Don't like Scyther nor the evolution, but I do admit false swipe is a great attack.
  • I find the TCG extremely boring and tedious.

Hi, I'm new.

- I like competitive batting, but I think it's extremely lame and pathetic to simply go with whatever wins and base your team around that. If all you're doing is hand-picking the most top tier Pokemon to win, there will be no progress or originality. However I am not telling you how you should play, you are free to play however you please.
- I consider RNG abuse cheating. I hope Gen 6 finds a way to eliminate it or find a way to block it off.
- I think most of the Pokemon fandom can't tell the difference between a feline and canine. (the Legendary Beasts ARE NOT dogs, and if I could head-desk every time I see someone say Litleo is a dog I would have a serious migrane )
- Generation 4's gameplay was very slow and the sinnoh region was fairly boring until it added a Battle Frontier. I love a lot of it's characters though.
- In a bit of a hypocritical statment; I think people should not judge others by EV-Training or shame them for it. At least they put some effort into their teams.
- I think Pokemon Adventures is going downhill until they learn how to pay more attention to time constraints.
- I think anyone who simply judges a generation by it's Pokemon is not entitled to any actual opinion whatsoever until they see what that generation has to offer in terms of gameplay and story. Because by judging a generation, you are judging a generation by more than just it's Pokemon.
- I like Vanilluxe.
- I think Sylveon is female only.
- I like Fairy Type.
- I like Charmeleon just a bit more than I do Charizard.
- I think Keldeo should have been more feminine based, and calling it a colt Pokemon in the English version is very inaccurate because Keldeo is a Kelpie. Resolute Form emphasizes this aswell.
- I think not nicknaming your team Pokemon is lame.
- Braviary is the coolest flying type out of all the gens so far.
- The new Mewtwo form is really cool.
- I really liked how Black & White went into a sequel rather than a third version.
- I think the TCG really needs to stop using 3D art so much because they are starting to look really ugly and effortless.

* I thought Gen 4 was absolutely terrible, like they copy-pasted a fanfiction onto a script and told GF to make it a game.

* I don't see Gyarados as a dragon

* I think the pokemon get more and more creative each gen, I also think Kanto had some of the laziest designs out of them all.

* I enjoy the fairy-type and I will/ would enjoy any other new type that the pokemon company could possibly create in the future.

* I think legendaries have become somewhat redundant, did we really need 3 trios in 1 generation?

* I think fighting-types are overrated and I think garchomp is 2 pixels away from a digimon aka I hate it

* I thought Colosseum and XD were great games... though I think the plot and character designs came straight from a fanfiction.

Guys...Liking fairy type is the popular opinion. Disliking it is the unpopular opinion.

@Sky - I totally agree with your first and fifth points.

@Danks_, y u no liek regis

Here are some more of my unpopular opinions

I like the 3D artwork, it's so realistic and better then 95% of the drawed artwork on the tcg cards. Some, like Dark Explorers Volcarona and Dragon Vault Shelgon are really good though, and Mazadu Fudaka is my favorite non 3D artist.

The BW holosheet is pretty good looking. I like galaxy better, but the BW holosheet looks perfect on certian cards. (Volcarana Dark Explorers)

I Don't like the Bulbasaur Line

Genration 4 was my least favorite generation, besides the legendaries. The legendaries were probally the best out of every generation even though 98.5% of the normal pokemon sucked.

Reggie McGigas said:
Guys...Liking fairy type is the popular opinion. Disliking it is the unpopular opinion.

It's more of a mixed bag, a large amount dislike it and a large amount like it.

* I think Ash has a balanced pokemon team in most regions, I also think he's an underrated trainer.

* I thought pokemon contests were a great addition to the franchise (they would have been better if done like the anime though)

* I think when they added pokemon abilities they ruined the game, or at least siphoned the fun out of it.

* I thought Tracey was a fun character in the anime.

* I thought 4kids dub of the anime was funny and interesting no matter how corny

* I think the legendary beasts are neither dog nor cat but generic beasts (except Raikou)

* I think Grass-type is an underrated-type.

* I'm not impressed by the bench sitting mechanics of X and Y, I actually think it's a useless feature.

Back