Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

Eh, short day 1, not much info...guess I better do this in case I forget.

Vote: No Lynch

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

Really guys. We had this whole huge discussion last game on how idiotic voting no lynch day one is; we have a 0% chance of killing a baddie and 100% chance of losing a townie. Look it up in the old thread.

also yes I was once new but I was totally pro then

Dark Void, we have at most 25% at getting a wolf. If we make a wrong lynch, we lose two townies already. In this case, 1 is better than 2.

I wasn't a scrub when I first played teehee ~ <3

I'm against ever no lynching. It takes the fun out of the game, IMO

PMJ said:
Remember, if no one reaches majority, whoever has the most votes at deadline will be lynched. If there's a tie, there will be no lynch.

I think that if there is a tie both people should be lynched, it would be much more fun and strategic.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012,

TheGuy said:
I think that if there is a tie both people should be lynched, it would be much more fun and strategic.

that would sap the fun out of the game during lategame.

"perhaps we should lynch x and x because they might be wolves"
"k let's kill them both by forcing a tie"

ComfortEagle said:
that would sap the fun out of the game during lategame.

"perhaps we should lynch x and x because they might be wolves"
"k let's kill them both by forcing a tie"

That's been a strategy where I have played. We'll have a group of confirmed townie who have confirmed a majority and will lynch 2 people at a time to win.

Also, we should lynch one of the best players to play the game today, because they would be mean wolves. /sarcasm

Well, if we do no lynch, we have a 0% chance of hitting a wolf and we have a 100% chance of losing a townie the next night. However, if we do lynch, we have an approx. 25% chance to hit a wolf, and a 75% chance to hit a townie, possibly even an important role like the priest. On top of that, we still lose a townie to the wolves, regardless of how we lynch. So we either lynch a random person and risk losing 2 townies, or we vote No Lynch and only lose one.

Once we start getting a feel for how people are playing and who could potentially be suspicious (lurkers, bandwagoners etc.), then we should avoid No Lynch. However, with absolutely no leads, No Lynch is our most solid option.

I'm agreeing with the No Lynch option, but I also see the merits in always lynching someone as, statistically, we should by chance find a wolf at least 10% of the time (although, with this being a rather large game and bigger than the last game that had 7 wolves, we should be dealing with at least as many wolves).

Either way, if anything turbo happens while I'm away, I'd be more in favor of No Lynch for now so:

Well i guess we could go for some of that pregame reverse psychology stuff.

^ I thought about going after Zyflair because of what he said, but it's too risky at least this early.

I don't think anything pre-game matters once the game actually begins.

We have nothing to go off of.I think lynching everyday is important... but not today.We have no clues at all and tons of players.The more players we have the more likely we'll lynch a townie. Plus like someone already said If we make a lynch today we might just lose someone who could be valuable later on.

alexmf2 said:
^ I thought about going after Zyflair because of what he said, but it's too risky at least this early.
Learn to live a little, da ze~
You want a better reason? The Good Lord smiles upon you and will grant you a justified opportunity to vote me.

Vote: alexmf2

You know what,im gonna just screw up the this whole daystart plan and vote for myself,for those of you that are wondering I have an ability that really helps the town if i am lynched.So lynch me and have a good night.

Vote:corn bread

Hmm, seems legit... although I am kind of scared that you

a) are an indie that wins by being lynched
b) are a wolf that when lynched kills the first/last person that voted for you or some other harmful ability

I stand with No Lynch

corn bread said:
You know what,im gonna just screw up the this whole daystart plan and vote for myself,for those of you that are wondering I have an ability that really helps the town if i am lynched.So lynch me and have a good night.

Vote:corn bread

Yeah, ditto what Chillarmy said... Care to elaborate a little on your role?

Man you think i want to die day 1 and not play the game?Killing someone that votes for me isn't useful enough to basically drop out and indies that win by being lynched wouldnt be put in a game of werewolf,that makes it to easy to win

...I have no clue as to what to make of the lastest event, but it's probably that

A. Zyflair is gambling, and Zyflair may have a role that does something when they get lynched.

B. Zyflair may be a little confident in their abilities.

C. No idea

To me, this seems a bit like a revenge vote, despite alexmf only considered voting. But I'm not going to vote for Zyflair now, as it is too risky.

I have no clue to what corn bread is doing. We'll just have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back