Finished Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Town wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

TheGuy, if you go down with him, you shall be regarded as a hero.[unless corn's townie, which I find unlikely]
Good luck to thou.

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012, at 8 PM CST.

Chillarmy said:
Hmm, seems legit... although I am kind of scared that you

a) are an indie that wins by being lynched
b) are a wolf that when lynched kills the first/last person that voted for you or some other harmful ability

I stand with No Lynch

Unvote: No Lynch

None of what you said makes any sense to me Chillarmy. Indies that win by being Lynched are broken. Anyone could easily get themselves lynched by saying or doing something wolfy.In my opinion that would be too easy a win condition. Part B just confuses me...Why would a Wolf want to die Day 1 to kill 1 Townie? That plus the fact that he voted for himself first makes me comfortable
doing this:
Vote: corn bread

If He wants to die day 1... Who are we to stop him?

RE: Werewolf XIV: The Legend of Canton Falls. Day 1 ends Thursday, September 6, 2012,

dear corn bread

instead of us lynching you, how about you just reveal your role and get modkilled.

yours truely, tdl (or comforteagle or whatever the hell i want to be called)

no seriously do that pleaaassseee.

BTW, make sure you do the correct vote format (blue and bold for unvote, red and bold for vote) or I'm gonna guess it won't be counted.

Man..if you think too much about Werewolf, your brain may explode.
Anyway, I'm off to bed. Hopefully this is over with.

TheGuy said:
Seriously, he's just plain annoying, whether he's telling the truth or not, he's a detriment to the day's discussion.

But he could also have a useful role like he did 2 games ago. In which I went for lynching him because he was annoying. And it backfired for the town. But I was a wolf and it helped me out, so I'm becoming a little suspicious of you...

However, I don't think a wolf would have the "speech impediment" role so, meh.

Vote: No Lynch

I might undo it later, but I want to cast a vote before I forget.

@Chillarmy: I think I remember PMJ mentioning this in passing, and he said that he would not have any role, indie or otherwise, whose win condition would be to get himself lynched. So I really don't think we need to worry about him winning if we lynch him.

@Zyflair: Is there any particular reason you're voting for alexmf2, may I ask?

@thread: Allow me to state my opinion on the state of the game so far.
We currently have a total of 43 players. Each player is going to be town, wolf, or indie. (I'm going to assume this game has indies, since WW games tend to have a small number of indies.) In addition, the townies usually outnumber the wolves with a ratio of 3 to 1.

We can run some quick estimates on how many people are from each faction. I did some estimating myself, and one possible outcome is 30 townies, 10 wolves, and 3 indies, amounting to 43 total.
I know those are nice round numbers and, knowing PMJ - who doesn't like going with nice round numbers, having 7 wolves in his last game instead of 8 - but these numbers will probably be pretty close to the actual numbers.
Now, with that said, we can run a calculation. Let's assume that indies are a threat to the town. (This may not be true, but there aren't usually beneficial indies in games - Cinesra as Doctor Who in WW10 was one of the very rare exceptions.) That means that there are 13 players who are threats to the town.

43 into 13 is just a smidgen over 30%. This means that, if we lynch someone completely at random, there is roughly a 30% chance that we'll lynch a threat. Although this number isn't exactly high...it's not exactly low, either.
So, should we, as a town, try and find someone and take that 30% chance, or should we just play it safe and go No Lynch, and see where things go from there? We sadly only have until Thursday, so we shouldn't be sitting on this.

...okay I notice during the course of me writing this up that there are about 5 more posts calling for corn bread's head. Are we just going to now policy lynch him because of his strange tactic? like we would have done anyway if safariblade had signed up but that is besides the point

see: Guy's signature

TheGuy said:
Do you want to start a bandwagon?

Yeah I want to start a bandwagon.

So let's lynch that snob,

And we'll stop the town from becoming a kabob.

Seriously, he's just plain annoying, whether he's telling the truth or not, he's a detriment to the day's discussion.

Vote: cornbread

You are the smartest person ive seen all day

I just...this totally smells of a trap. I can feel it.

So I guess black is bad.

But red it rad.

Vote: cornbread

Unvote: No Lynch

My curiousity got the better of me.

@DNA: Yes, now that you mention it I do recall PMJ saying that. But there is still the issue of him being a wolf/indie who harms the town with his lynch. What other reason would he have to give himself up night 1, and basically confess he isn't a townie.

Also, iirc the standard ratio of townies to wolves is 4:1, not 2:1... I think you just made a typo however.

@Bisharp37: What i mean by "win" is he meets his win condition and the game continues, him being crowned the winner along with the winning party, be it town or wolves.

That's what I've been thinking, DNA. /me has nothing other to comment except he does not sleep

@DNA: Yes, now that you mention it I do recall PMJ saying that. But there is still the issue of him being a wolf/indie who harms the town with his lynch. What other reason would he have to give himself up night 1, and basically confess he isn't a townie.

Also, iirc the standard ratio of townies to wolves is 4:1, not 3:1... I think you just made a typo however.

@Bisharp37: What i mean by "win" is he meets his win condition and the game continues, him being crowned the winner along with the winning party, be it town or wolves.

Fixed.

Well, I've made a few deductions here.
Did you notice that all of TheGuy's posts are rhymed? He may be a poet of some sort. Zyflair seems like the town drunk, and corn bread seems like some sort of bomb role that is a wolf, but harms the town if lynched. If you really want him gone, have a village killer dispose of him (if we have one).

No, it's definitely 3 to 1, maybe even bordering on 3.5 to 1. It was not a typo.

...inb4 Guy is resident rapper.

I feel trolled,not only do i miss werewolf 13 but i get a role that basically means i have to die to be of any use in 14.

DNA, you just made my day. I'd laugh pretty hard if that happened.

I'm holding off of voting for you, cornbread, because you refuse to say what your role even is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back