XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

CyberCat5555 said:
Since gen5 gave us a death mask Pokemon, I think a dark/poison plague mask and a poison/steel or poison/fire gas mask Pokemon would be interesting. Each should have 2 evolution stages. Maybe make them version exclusives?

This gas mask could be called Areumymmy pronounced Are you my mummy.

LostVoice said:
- a castle. A gigantic walking European castle! It's first evolution could be a castle gate and two turrets followed by a mid evolution which a keep that springs up behind the gate. Finally, the last eviction is a fully formed castle! It could be a pure Rock type or a Rock/Ghost, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy, or Rock/Normal. It would also tie in with the French concept.

This got me thinking, Unova had Pawniard and Bisharp which are based on the pawn and bishop in Chess. Given Kalos' French/european influences I could see a Rook-esque pokemon and/or a Knight

Kyogreman said:
CyberCat5555 said:
Since gen5 gave us a death mask Pokemon, I think a dark/poison plague mask and a poison/steel or poison/fire gas mask Pokemon would be interesting. Each should have 2 evolution stages. Maybe make them version exclusives?

This gas mask could be called Areumymmy pronounced Are you my mummy.

That reference would be the second from Doctor Who. Seeing as it is thought that Looker is based on the Doctor himself, or rather the Tenth Doctor.

But, yeah, I fully support that idea!

I want a Rock/Grass "golurk-clone" that looks like a moss overgrown megalithic structure took a walk. D:

something like this low quality art, but with less resemblance to Gaius from shadow of the colossus lol
070_temp_by_saiph_charon-d41p2a3.png

and a levitating electric/psychic line that resembles astronomical objects like stars, supernovas and galaxies
108_solasma_by_saiph_charon-d497z9n.png
109_novabolt_by_saiph_charon-d49863w.png
110_pulsalax_by_saiph_charon-d498sub.png

for a castle, we need some fake knight armors
086_gelmet_by_saiph_charon-d334eh4.png
087_hauborg_by_saiph_charon-d38tyb5.png
088_metrac_by_saiph_charon-d38xho8.png

Thunderfox said:
This got me thinking, Unova had Pawniard and Bisharp which are based on the pawn and bishop in Chess. Given Kalos' French/european influences I could see a Rook-esque pokemon and/or a Knight
Only the English names reference chess. The Pokemon are actually based on super sentai/Kamen Riders. Chess Pokemon would still be cool, as would playing cards.

Also I think we need a Snowman, a Fire/Grass tiki, and for Drifblim to evolve into a full-blown zeppelin.

Thunderfox said:
LostVoice said:
- a castle. A gigantic walking European castle! It's first evolution could be a castle gate and two turrets followed by a mid evolution which a keep that springs up behind the gate. Finally, the last eviction is a fully formed castle! It could be a pure Rock type or a Rock/Ghost, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy, or Rock/Normal. It would also tie in with the French concept.

Escavalier is already our knight Pokemon, but would love to see a rook like Pokemon. I did find a King and Queen Pokemon, which would also be cool in that retrospect.
emperarius__checkmate_pokemon_by_yshiro14-d4kmzu6.png
emprudus__checkmate_pokemon_by_yshiro14-d4kn1zl.png

Cinesra said:
Only the English names reference chess. The Pokemon are actually based on super sentai/Kamen Riders.

I doubt that. They're more likely based on traditional Japanese armor. The Japanese names have nothing to do with super sentai, and Pawniard's name is probably derived partly from the word for shougi (Japanese chess) pieces. Bisharp's Japanese name doesn't reference chess, but it does reference two different words for cutting, which fits neatly with the blade-and-armor idea.

On topic, I'm definitely on board with the ghost armor and inanimate youkai (umbrellas, etc.) ideas, though the first one might be too similar to Golurk for them to want to do it. I've also always wanted to see a set of legendaries based on the Imperial Regalia of Japan, but that's not likely to happen in a non-Japanese region.

wait... BW has an entire chess game in it lol

Pawns are Pawniard
Knights are Escavalier and Zebstrika
Bishops are Bisharp (or Gothitelle and Reuniclus)
Rooks are Golurk (Golett could only be found in the one tower, and golurk is pretty darn big, so...)
Queens are Landorus and Thundurus
Kings are Reshiram and Zekrom

no more chess or checkers or clue or sorry or any bard game pokemon, please

FloodBadge said:

How are they queens? Aside from the fact that they do not look like queens, their genders are always male.

I think Bisharp and Pawniard are the closest we're gonna get to chess-like Pokemon, guys. Well, at least I'm fine with just those two.

I would not be so surprised if GF were to make a toilet Pokemon, the Japanese culture find that stuff hilarious and quite appropriate for children's games. But in America, some consider it "rude" and "not appropriate". No offense, but modern-day Americans are pretty much mamby-pambies nowadays.Or as some like to call them, "yuppies". IMO, of course, I'm American myself. But we REALLY need a toilet Pokemon. Like these
monster.jpg

hand-coming-out-of-toilet.jpg

plunger_monster_metamorphosis_by_freeny-d4ldkal.jpg

Pokequaza said:
FloodBadge said:

How are they queens? Aside from the fact that they do not look like queens, their genders are always male.

they're version exclusive minor legendaries.

FloodBadge said:

Pawns are Pawniard
Rooks are Golurk (Golett could only be found in the one tower, and golurk is pretty darn big, so...)

There a difference between representing something and being based off of something.

FloodBadge said:

Pawns are Pawniard

a) wouldn't Escavalier and Accelgor be knights, considering they are a psuedo-duo, and Zebstrika has no relation to Escavalier and b) wouldn't Tornadus and Thundurus be the queens, since Landorus is clearly the master of the trio? OR, Black and White Kyurem could be the queens, considering it makes sense that all the Tao Trio are featured

either way, the only Pokemon that are vaguely chess-related are Pawniard and Bisharp, and even then its only the English names. This list screams fan-made, and has no real basis

Anyway, I really that a skeleton would make a nice Pokemon. It could just be something like a dinosaur fossil.

P.DelSlayer said:
FloodBadge said:

Pawns are Pawniard

a) wouldn't Escavalier and Accelgor be knights, considering they are a psuedo-duo, and Zebstrika has no relation to Escavalier and b) wouldn't Tornadus and Thundurus be the queens, since Landorus is clearly the master of the trio? OR, Black and White Kyurem could be the queens, considering it makes sense that all the Tao Trio are featured

either way, the only Pokemon that are vaguely chess-related are Pawniard and Bisharp, and even then its only the English names. This list screams fan-made, and has no real basis

Anyway, I really that a skeleton would make a nice Pokemon. It could just be something like a dinosaur fossil.

A) ya, my bad. i've been drawing a huge Rapidash VS Zebstrika picture for a few weeks so they keep popping into my head every now and again and i sometimes end up writing their names instead of something i'm saying.
B) BW Kyurem were introduced in BW2, which is after the pokemon were designed (unless they designed those two before then...)
ok, so it's not 100% officially freaking confirmed. most theories about pokemon aren't, as they are theories.

A purple professor that is psychic, A yellow soldier that is fighting, A green businessman who is poison?, A red actress who is fire, A blue social lady who is ice, and a white housemaid that is water. Oh, also a mysterious dead guy of the ghost typing. Any questions? Just ask.

A split evolution of Vanillish that's based on fried ice cream with it's type being ice/fire.

MAKE IT HAPPEN GAME FREAK. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Honestly I think we have enough object pokemon. We have ice cream cones, magnets, gears and a ton of rocks.

FloodBadge said:
i've been drawing a huge Rapidash VS Zebstrika picture for a few weeks
I wanna see it!!

Lvl 100 Bidoof said:
Honestly I think we have enough object pokemon. We have ice cream cones, magnets, gears and a ton of rocks.

On the contrary, we don't nearly have enough.

There's so much potential that has been untapped for inanimate object Mons that not making any more would be wasting a load of potential great Pokemon.

Lvl 100 Bidoof said:

What we have enough of is all the felines, monkeys and normal birds.

Not that I don't like them, but when compared to the number of exotic fish for example, or weird monsters and especially "object pokemon", there are too many.

Back