XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Ohman177 said:
iSharingan said:
the "prevos" for pansage/pour/sear mentioned earlier as a want

O that's ridiculous they need evos not prevos.

I've realized some time ago that the monkeys look way too much like recycled "Pikachu" for it to be coincidence, which makes me think that's what the initial idea for them was (attempt to make a fresh Pikachu, not in the sense of design (which is what Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga were doing), but in terms of data and role as some kind of pseudo-starter, ala that first elemental poke (among all the Normal, Flying and Bugs) you get after the starters which everyone goes for).

Which makes me think there is a high possibility for elemental-monkey "Pichu". The only question remaining there is whether it would be a single Normal one or 3 separate for one each @_@

Mitja said:
Ohman177 said:
O that's ridiculous they need evos not prevos.

I've realized some time ago that the monkeys look way too much like recycled "Pikachu" for it to be coincidence, which makes me think that's what the initial idea for them was (attempt to make a fresh Pikachu, not in the sense of design (which is what Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu/Emolga were doing), but in terms of data and role as some kind of pseudo-starter, ala that first elemental poke (among all the Normal, Flying and Bugs) you get after the starters which everyone goes for).

Which makes me think there is a high possibility for elemental-monkey "Pichu". The only question remaining there is whether it would be a single Normal one or 3 separate for one each @_@

True, also most pokemon that evolve by a stone generally do not evolve again by leveling or by stone, they usually get a pre evolution.

Also a Ghost/Psychic Barn owl (aka the owl that makes one of the creepiest sounds in the animal kingdom. Can anyone say Banshee Barn Owl?) would be awesome, sorry I gave away the source of the sound from my previous post but I hate to keep people in suspense for too long. Yes, a Ghost/Psychic (or Psychic/Ghost) Barn owl would be awesome, especially if the cry was that of an actual barn owl's creepy screech.

Sky Pillar said:
Cinesra said:
They could just make them available in regular grass in future games; prevos would be an unnecessary waste of time and dex space.
How is it a waste of time? Since when does time have anything to do with whether or not a pokemon gets an evo/ pre-evo?
I'd much rather Game Freak take the time to focus on other new pokemon or mechanics or whatnot than make pointless prevos. I'm not saying it definitely won't happen, just that it definitely shouldn't happen.
Evolutions could be just as much of a waste of dex space, considering they'd just compete with the starters for competitive use.
They wouldn't even compete with the starters. Sure they'd be Fire/Water/Grass types with high base stat totals, but that doesn't mean anything. Volcarona is a Fire type with a high base stat total; does that mean it competes with Infernape? Of course not; they're completely different Pokemon with completely different moves, abilities, stats, and secondary typings. It's not like it would be a bad thing if these theoretical evos were used over starters. Starters are just Pokemon given to you at the beginning; they don't deserve some king of special treatment just for that. If starters were intended to have some special treatment competitively then Meganium wouldn't suck so bad and we wouldn't have vastly superior mixed wall Grass types like Ferrothorn or Celebi.
They already perform well in their own respective tiers (except Simisear).
Not even that. There are better Pokemon than them even in NU, such as RP Torterra who's a better sweeper than Simisage could ever hope to be. I could be wrong about that and if I am, so what? So what if they're good in their current tiers? They'll all change once X and Y is released. They're currently NU and with Eviolite they probably wouldn't even have a chance in the big boy tiers.
Preferably I'd like them to stay the way they are. But if you want evos, that's fine by you.
I think they're fine as they are and doubt they'd get any new additions.

I'm not sure if it was already mentioned but I might have a theory on what Litleo might evolve into.

If my suspicions are correct, I'd expect the little fire/normal Pokémon to evolve into something that would resemble a Manticore, a mythical beast which looks like a lion with a human-esque face, dragon wings and a scorpion tail.

The reason for these suspisions is the shape of the tail brush at the end of Litleo's tail which looks more like a scorpion stinger instead of the tailbrush on a regular lion

I could see it become Fire/Poison, Fire/Dark or even Fire/Dragon

- Shuckle evolution
- Smeargle evolution
- Swordfish :3
- Hoothoot pre evolution
- Spinda evolution
- Bug eeveelution
- Heracross evolution

Garfieltwo said:
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned but I might have a theory on what Litleo might evolve into.

If my suspicions are correct, I'd expect the little fire/normal Pokémon to evolve into something that would resemble a Manticore, a mythical beast which looks like a lion with a human-esque face, dragon wings and a scorpion tail.

The reason for these suspisions is the shape of the tail brush at the end of Litleo's tail which looks more like a scorpion stinger instead of the tailbrush on a regular lion

Yes it been said and I think it might be its fur in the shape of a flame.

Garfieltwo said:

Actually it looks more like a lion's tail to me, also the tail looks a bit like a flame too.

Jungletoad said:
- Shuckle evolution
- Smeargle evolution
- Swordfish :3
- Hoothoot pre evolution
- Spinda evolution
- Bug eeveelution
- Heracross evolution

Smeargle and Shuckle aren't happening. The first is one of those stand alone "look at me I'm special" pokemon and the second would be too ridiculously strong.

Raptor9229 said:
Mitja said:

True, also most pokemon that evolve by a stone generally do not evolve again by leveling or by stone, they usually get a pre evolution.

Also a Ghost/Psychic Barn owl (aka the owl that makes one of the creepiest sounds in the animal kingdom. Can anyone say Banshee Barn Owl?) would be awesome, sorry I gave away the source of the sound from my previous post but I hate to keep people in suspense for too long. Yes, a Ghost/Psychic (or Psychic/Ghost) Barn owl would be awesome, especially if the cry was that of an actual barn owl's creepy screech.
You didn't give anything away.... The youtube link clearly says it's a barn owl. Cool idea though.

I'd much rather Game Freak take the time to focus on other new pokemon or mechanics or whatnot than make pointless prevos. I'm not saying it definitely won't happen, just that it definitely shouldn't happen.
GF has plenty of time for all those things, it's not like it takes them a year to make one pokemon.
pre-evos aren't pointless:
Wynaut brings wobbuffet encore w/o encore; wobbuffet is hit and miss (except on choice users)
Tyrouge lets the hitmons share moves they otherwise wouldn't have access to.
Most pre-evos get moves their evos normally can't attain, they aren't game breaking but it's something.
They wouldn't even compete with the starters. Sure they'd be Fire/Water/Grass types with high base stat totals, but that doesn't mean anything. Volcarona is a Fire type with a high base stat total; does that mean it competes with Infernape? Of course not; they're completely different Pokemon with completely different moves, abilities, stats, and secondary typings. It's not like it would be a bad thing if these theoretical evos were used over starters. Starters are just Pokemon given to you at the beginning; they don't deserve some king of special treatment just for that. If starters were intended to have some special treatment competitively then Meganium wouldn't suck so bad and we wouldn't have vastly superior mixed wall Grass types like Ferrothorn or Celebi.
all those examples are dual-type and/ or have higher BST than the starters you compared them too. Obviously not all starters have competitive use. Nowhere did I say they all where designed that way either. When I say "They'll compete with the starters for competitive use" I mean they themselves are semi-starters who fulfill the same niche the regular starters already do. Giving them evos just for the sake of boosting their competitive value is counterproductive considering they aren't designed anymore competitively than the regular regional starters.
Not even that. There are better Pokemon than them even in NU, such as RP Torterra who's a better sweeper than Simisage could ever hope to be. I could be wrong about that and if I am, so what? So what if they're good in their current tiers? They'll all change once X and Y is released. They're currently NU and with Eviolite they probably wouldn't even have a chance in the big boy tiers.
There's always something better, torterra is grass/ ground suspectible to 4x ice and is slower than simisage. Torterra fills his role in NU and Simisage fulfills it's role in NU. If your going to cmpare them, amke sure they work the same way. Torterra is used as a bulky sweeper, Simisage is used as a Mixed sweeper. You might as well have compared Lanturn to Electrode.
I think they're fine as they are and doubt they'd get any new additions.

Then why even bring up the justification of evos > pre-evos to begin with?

Ninetales evolution. I dont care about if the stats are raised too much i came up with the following:

Shadetales, the Rogue guardian pokemon.
This pokemon is the defender of all pokemon and silently watches for endangered pokemon from mountain peaks, it never lets a pokemon get hurt without vengeance.
It would look like a ninetales but very sleek it would be reddish black to red and black with what appears to be a roughly forged iron helmet on its face with the left 4 tails different shades of black or purple, the right 4 being different shades of red or orange and the middle being an extremely dark reddish orange with spiritual marks on its body. It would be a fire ghost type to match its Japanese mythological origin.

Yeah the sword is a fun concept and solid design, especially how the Sheathed version looks like a grinning, three-eyed creature with one arm.

I personally hope it either doesn't evolve, or remains a sword when it does. Otherwise I could see them evolving it with a ghostly torso, possibly armored, using the sword and sheath as its arms. I'd still find it cool as long as the sword has the only eye(s), making it the "true" body or head.

I wonder if we'll ever get a "zombie" themed pokemon? An actual animated dead body, rather than just a ghost? You can't say it's too morbid for pokemon; zombies are featured in cartoons and video games for young kids all the time now. They're all the rage.

Maybe a normal type that splits, like Ninjask and Shedinja, into a separated ghost and a poison type or type-less body.

I really want to see a Lapras evo or pre-evo. I've always loved the little big guy (maybe because of the anime) and I've always thought his stats were kinda high for a basic Pokemon. A pre-evo would balance him out, and an evo would give me more reasoning behind catching one.
-Pokemon-Amie

NetherSword7301 said:
I really want to see a Lapras evo or pre-evo. I've always loved the little big guy (maybe because of the anime) and I've always thought his stats were kinda high for a basic Pokemon. A pre-evo would balance him out, and an evo would give me more reasoning behind catching one.
-Pokemon-Amie

I would love that I also want to see a heracross pre evo and evo

Br0vyle said:
NetherSword7301 said:
-Pokemon-Amie

I would love a pre-evo for Lapras, and as much as I would like to see him evolve, he already has very high base stats, an evolution (unless it it similar to Scyther>Scizor, where they keep the original base stat) would make it too strong.

I would really love to see more Ice-type Pokémon with new combinations. I would love to see Ice/Electric.

Drohn said:
Br0vyle said:

I would love a pre-evo for Lapras, and as much as I would like to see him evolve, he already has very high base stats, an evolution (unless it it similar to Scyther>Scizor, where they keep the original base stat) would make it too strong.

I would really love to see more Ice-type Pokémon with new combinations. I would love to see Ice/Electric.

Well, we do have Frost Rotom for Electric/Ice. Speaking of Rotom, A laptop form would be cool. Electric/Psychic? And a Lapras pre-evo AND and evolution in the same generation (much like Roselia) would be epic :D

AdamLambert said:
Well, we do have Frost Rotom for Electric/Ice. Speaking of Rotom, A laptop form would be cool. Electric/Psychic? And a Lapras pre-evo AND and evolution in the same generation (much like Roselia) would be epic :D
Foe: *click*
Laptop Rotom: NOOOO NOT THE POWER BUTTON
Foe: Eh, it was that obvious.

Yeah, I can imagine its weakness. And what if while you were typing on it, you accidentally made it faint by pressing the power button? xD

I feel like Lapras and Tropius are a pair so I think they both should get pre-evos and maybe some stat buffs. I don't think you can expand on their designs through an evo without totally ruining it.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I'm really loving this talk of possible evos and pre-evos, but has it been confirmed or alluded to that Gen 6 will include evos and pre-evos from past generations?

FT10 said:
I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I'm really loving this talk of possible evos and pre-evos, but has it been confirmed or alluded to that Gen 6 will include evos and pre-evos from past generations?

There is Sylveon, so that's one already. I don't think they will leave it at that for this generation, based on the past pattern of making evolutions and pre-evolutions. Also there are so many Pokémon left with potential, I don't think they will wait another generation.

FT10 said:
Technically no, but there is Sylveon (evolves from Eevee) and with all those gen 1-5 Pokemon appearing in game, it'd be kind of odd for there not to be new evos.

Back