XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

NoDice said:
If they dont get rid of the current IV system they could at least make it so that when you breed, the eggs inherit ALL IVs from both parents. Would make breeding a LOT easier.

That would be cloning... you couldn't raise IVs... surely you don't mean that?
And inheriting from both parents makes no sense either since they have different ones for the same stat.

Mitja said:
NoDice said:
If they dont get rid of the current IV system they could at least make it so that when you breed, the eggs inherit ALL IVs from both parents. Would make breeding a LOT easier.

And inheriting from both parents makes no sense either since they have different ones for the same stat.

My hopes for gen six? That they fix the glitch where Miltank won't produce eggs that contain Tauros when bred with a Tauros, especially when the new horde encounter has a chance of encountering Tauros and Miltank in the same horde

(I call this a glitch even though it technically is not a glitch per say, why do I call it a glitch? Because Tauros and Miltank should be able to breed and Miltank should give you eggs that produce either Miltank or Tauros, otherwise you are going to have to breed Tauros with a Ditto just to produce Tauros, they are in the same egg group for crying out loud and Tauros is a bull while Miltank is a cow, I really want to be able to breed Miltank and Tauros together and get either Miltank or Tauros from the eggs.)

Raptor9229 said:
My hopes for gen six? That they fix the glitch where Miltank won't produce eggs that contain Tauros when bred with a Tauros, especially when the new horde encounter has a chance of encountering Tauros and Miltank in the same horde

I don't care much about this, but it reminded me that Nidorina and Nidoqueen still cannot breed. Only the baby NidoranF can. Nidorino and Nidoking don't have this restriction and it's a little awkward, given that Nidoqueen/King have always been sort of the "couple" Pokemon. I'd like to believe it's just a weird oversight that they haven't fixed for consistency's sake, and that they'll finally fix it now because it's ridiculous.

-Stealth rock nerf
-Scrappy rapid spinners
-Mightyena ,Farfetch'd , Delibird , Tropius to get evos
-Male form and baby Kangaskhan
-Crystall Onix and Dark Lugia on the game
-Getting rid the HM system , Water pokemon should naturaly know how to swin and Flying pokemon to fly
-Flareon to get flareblitz
-Aerodactil to get Brave Bird

this would make me happy

Frezgle said:
Raptor9229 said:

I don't care much about this, but it reminded me that Nidorina and Nidoqueen still cannot breed. Only the baby NidoranF can. Nidorino and Nidoking don't have this restriction and it's a little awkward, given that Nidoqueen/King have always been sort of the "couple" Pokemon. I'd like to believe it's just a weird oversight that they haven't fixed for consistency's sake, and that they'll finally fix it now because it's ridiculous.

Although we have pokedex entries stating that both defend their young, and in gen three no less. Also gen four. I also find it funny that both Nidoran male and female have horns. When the male evolves it keeps the horn, and when the female evolves it loses the horn . . . uh . . . yeah . . . then Nidoqueen regains the horn . . . Although protecting its young could mean that it sacrifices its fertility to better protect its young (although that concept is kind of stupid as most animals in real try not to mate again unless the young are killed off)

I also hope you can breed the Lati duo in this gen (even though it is not likely that this will happen it is still interesting to note that Latias's Emerald Pokedex entry mentions herds of Latias which means the only other thing that Latias could breed with other than ditto would be Latios which does not have a pokedex entry mentioning herds which would mean that each Latios has its own Harem of females or there are simply no Latios in a herd of Latias and each Latios is free roaming, which would explain why you can catch them in each generation too (not counting first and second by the way) and it is doubtful that they are the same Latis that you encounter in the previous generations) Even though the ability to breed the two is not likely to happen unless you have an action replay or other cheating device it would still be pretty cool to do.

Also Lugia should breed Why you ask?

File:EP220.png

Nuff said, ok that was more of a joke but that would be funny if Gamefreak decided to do that.

Getting back to my hopes of Miltank and Tauros we also need to remember that this is the series where this:

799px-May_Skitty.png

can breed with this:

800px-Marlon_Wailord.png

Also another hope for gen six I have is changing the weight of Hippowdon . . .

Hippowdon's height: 2.0 m (6 foot 7)

Hippowdon's weight: 300.0 kg (661.4 pounds)

Real hippo height: up to 5.2 feet tall

Average female hippo weight: 2,900 to 3,300 pounds

Average male hippo weight: 3,300 to 4,000 pounds

heaviest hippo recorded: 9,900 pounds

I hope gamefreak fixes Hippowdon's weight because if it is a six foot tall hippo then it is one anorexic hippo at that as well. Also even though it is a ground type pokemon Hippowdon is based on a hippo and ironically does not learn any water type moves (Yes I hack surf onto Hippowdon, it is a hippo so it makes sense ok?) It is able to crush a car with its mouth though (an obvious reference to the real deal's huge and powerful mouth) and yet it does not even weigh close to the actual weight of a hippo, either the inside of it is hollow (doubtful that the entire inside is hollow, sure it has those hole like things on its back but it also has them where its nose is, and even if it were hollow it is still light for what it is supposed to be. At least its weight isn't as bad as Wailord which should be able to learn fly due to its size and weight practically meaning that it would be lighter than air (actually that explains why it can be used out of water and why it is literally floating in the air in the 3d games, although the same is true for just about every fish though) but hey it gets bounce which considering its size and weight ratio makes sense.

I just hope gamefreak fixes some of these discrepancies, Hippowdon is the biggest one that I can think of though.

Raptor... you're getting to realistic again. It's the pokemon world If they change hippowdon to a more realistic weight, they might as well change every pokemon to a more realistic weight.

Weight in Pokémon doesn't make sense; a Golem would float on water.

Logic in Pokémon doesn't make sense either.. so it's not really a problem.

My top 10 hopes for X/Y
10. A good amount of awesome fairy type mons and maybe even a legendary fairy that could be in the ou tier.
9. Useable starters in competitive play.
8. More post story activities like the battle frontier thing in platinum.
7. Random matchup 6 v 6 battles.
6. More intensifying battles in the story mode with smarter enemies.
5. I have used a pokemon uploaded the past few games be amuse I can't compete unless I spend hours just finding a mom with good IV's so I want them to be easier to get so I don't need to "hack" for good mons like. Maybe each mon you get has a certain number of IV's it can have and you can ou them into like an IV skill tree or something.
4. A lot of cool new evos and pre evos for old mons like dunsparce.
3. Hail support nuff said
2. More dream world/hidden abilities but make them more easily attainable.
1. This spot is just reserved for stuff I think would be cool but not that I think will neccesarily happen: three type mons, more than 8 gym leaders, surfing/flying enhancements, player customization, and a lot of other stuff I don't want to type out on my iPhone.

Raptor9229 said:
Also another hope for gen six I have is changing the weight of Hippowdon . . .

Hippowdon's weight: 300.0 kg (661.4 pounds)

Average female hippo weight: 2,900 to 3,300 pounds

Average male hippo weight: 3,300 to 4,000 pounds

I just hope gamefreak fixes some of these discrepancies, Hippowdon is the biggest one that I can think of though.

The Almighty Pokédex said:
It blasts internally stored sand from ports on its body to create a towering twister for attack.

Maybe the official-Pokémon-weight-surveyors in the Pokémon world outpoured the sand before weighing Hippowdon and then it is something like a empty vessel in the form of a hippo, so 661.4 pounds makes sense nevertheless...

No seriously, as others said we're discussing about Pokémon. It doesn't have to make perfect sense, but I agree with you that in some cases it would be more coherent if the Pokédex data was guided by common sense.

@topic: I hope that berries grow in Kalos again,
furthermore I'd like to see at least a small storyline in gameplay for the non-main legendaries and not as in GenV something along the lines of "Hey, look you walk down a boringly normal route and in the middle of the street, a Virizion. Or a Cresselia on a bridge, respectively."
Bringing in plenty of legendary Pokémon is all well and good (though I'd be happy with a mascot trio, a standard trio, a cherry-on-top duo and one Maboroshi no Pokémon as well), but if you do so, please be more creative, GameFreak!

Your Master said:
1. This spot is just reserved for stuff I think would be cool but not that I think will neccesarily happen: three type mons, more than 8 gym leaders, surfing/flying enhancements, player customization, and a lot of other stuff I don't want to type out on my iPhone.
Luckily for you(and the rest of us), player customization is confirmed.

Yeah haha but I hope it is actually in depth a little not just like heads 1-5 and body 1-5 you know?

Mitja said:
NoDice said:

Ok, elaborating is needed-

You catch an Eevee with a 31 Sp Atk, 31 Speed.
You catch an Eevee with 31 in all 4 other stats.
You breed it- after X amount of eggs you get the combination of flawless IVs.

Its not too hard to find flawless IV'd Pokemon in the wild, and if you had an already flawless Pokemon Male and wanted a new species you could simply breed the genetically superior mon with a female and eventually you would get a baby that would inherit all 6 IVs from the male.

Either way, it makes sense to me at least, since everything that sexually reproduces (as far as I know) inherits traits from either the mother or the father, whether they be dominant or recessive genes. So if IVs are indeed supposed to act like "genetics", then why are there always random IVs thrown in on top of the 3 that are inherited?

Pokequaza said:
Weight in Pokémon doesn't make sense; a Golem would float on water.

Logic in Pokémon doesn't make sense either.. so it's not really a problem.

True, since we can fly on the backs of pidgey, zubat, and the works, although people complaining about charizard's weight and height would not allow it to carry a full grown adult should remember that an ant can carry objects many times its own body weight so it is not unbelieveable that a charizard would be able to carry a two hundred pound full grown adult human.

Also I am kind of a realist in many ways though I would like to see some of the weights bumped up to a bit closer (perhaps Hippowdon weighing 1,500 pounds rather than 661.4 pounds?) Not necessarily to the realistic weights just a bit closer.

New freaking abilities people would be awesome

Like in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, how each Pokemon faints they do there animation then go in there pokeball. This is what I want.

Sky Pillar said:
Someone's gonna get mad at me for this, but I really want them to take out the guaranteed shiny pokemon. I say this for selfish reasons, I had a shiny Gyarados on my leaf green file and I can't look at it the same way since everyone is guaranteed a shiny Gyarados.

Yeah, sure they're found in different locations, but still it's not unique anymore.

Or the garunteed shinies can be done in a way similar to the Nature Preserve Haxorus, the shiny Gyarados was for story reasons.

Raptor9229 said:
Sky Pillar said:
Someone's gonna get mad at me for this, but I really want them to take out the guaranteed shiny pokemon. I say this for selfish reasons, I had a shiny Gyarados on my leaf green file and I can't look at it the same way since everyone is guaranteed a shiny Gyarados.

Yeah, sure they're found in different locations, but still it's not unique anymore.

Or the garunteed shinies can be done in a way similar to the Nature Preserve Haxorus, the shiny Gyarados was for story reasons.
Whatever happens, I don't want them having a set gender either.

New freaking abilities people, would be awesome

Think it was only missing that comma. lol

Back