XY What Type might Sylveon be?

RE: What Type might Ninfia (Sylveon) be??

How can someone honestly believe they picked the type for the 8th evolution based on what will have a type match-up with jolteon once they present them and keep it a secret? (that's what those pictures are implying)

It doesn't make sense.

GF1: "lets make a new eeveelution! What type could compliment the other ones nicely?.."
GF2: "no wait, how about we make it weak to Jolteon so we can then make a picture and arrange them so it looks like there is weaknesses in one direction, and see if anyone figures it out?"
GF1: "go home you're drunk. thats no basis for an eeveelution.."

Suitcune said:
Does anyone notice something strange about the previously released Sylveon map? The type of the eeveelution on the left is directly across the type it weak against on the right. Jolteon is across from Slyveon, so... Slyveon is flying, it doesn't look like a ground or rock type.

img_2_2.jpg

Yes, because the thought that they might have organized the Eeveelutions by the generations they were introduced in is totally inconcievable.

Mitja said:
How can someone honestly believe they picked the type for the 8th evolution based on what will have a type match-up with jolteon once they present them and keep it a secret? (that's what those pictures are implying)
^ I strongly assume that none of these posts imply that GF first took the type match-up as a basis and only then thinks about the type of the new Eeveelution in order to fill the gap.

However, the other way around such a conclusion makes sense very well. Let's say Sylveon indeed is Flying type (and thus vulnerable to Electric/Jolteon). Now GF had to choose how to arrange the Eeveelutions from different options:
  • by Pokedex number (which they did at first glance, but actually Leafeon is placed before Glaceon)
  • in random order (...Yeah, as we talk about GF, not very likely because: RANDOM + GAMEFREAK = INCOMPATIBLE)
  • in the given order, which might hint at Sylveon's type (That sounds more like GF)
It's just too obvious that already three Eeveelutions are placed opposite to the type their are weak against, leaving Jolteon and Sylveon. Why else would GF break Pokedex order? They did on purpose, either to hint at Sylveon's real type or to lead fans astray.

The switch of Glaceon and Leafeon is likely to be aesthetic. Imagine them in their actual order by index number, both Leafeon and Glaceon would be facing outwards, looking towards the edge of the picture (both Espeon and Umbreon are looking back in their art, so their position makes sense). Try it out and switch the two, it does not look as appealing as it does now.

^ I didn't consider the aestetic aspect of switching Glaceon and Leafeon, but now that you mention it, I'd agree that arranging the two of them back-to-back might be less appealing ... (But if GF merely appreciates the pic's aesthetic they might even change something about the arrangement of GenI's Eeveelutions... Jolteon gazing into space is somewhat dull, too.)

Re: RE: What Type might Ninfia (Sylveon) be??

Fennex said:
^ I didn't consider the aestetic aspect of switching Glaceon and Leafeon, but now that you mention it, I'd agree that arranging the two of them back-to-back might be less appealing ... (But if GF merely appreciateas the pic's aesthetic they might even change something in the arrangement of GenI's eeveelutions... Jolteon gazing into space is somewhat dull, too.)

Not really. Jolteon just wants to go places. All the time. Every day.

So it looks in that direction and waits for its trainer :3

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:

Ok, if you like, that's a way to interpret Jolteon's position XD

What I want to say is: if GF really was out to arrange the Eeveelutions in a someway preferably aestetic way, they would have placed Vaporeon in the top middle and Jolteon and Flareon (one of them flipped) face each other or something like that, in order to make all Eevelutions look towards the pic's center or towards the spectator.

Sylveon HAS to be ground type according to that picture, because as you can see, all Eveelutions going Diagonally have standard Weaknesses/Strengths to the one opposite it, while Umbreon has an immunity to Espeon (They go Left to Right). So Jolteon and Sylveon (Going Up and Down), would make moore sense if Sylveon followed the pattern of Esp and Umbr and became a Ground Type.

NFESENE.png

NE = No Effect. SE = Super Effective, NVE = Not Very Effective.

Blob55 said:
Sylveon HAS to be ground type according to that picture, because as you can see, all Eveelutions going Diagonally have standard Weaknesses/Strengths to the one opposite it, while Umbreon has an immunity to Espeon.

NFESENE.png

NE = No Effect. SE = Super Effective, NVE = Not VEry Effective.

As I said. They put them in rows by Generation, and then made it look aesthetically pleasing.

It doesnt matter, they'll continue to think this secret match-up absurdity has validity.

Even if it turns out Ground or Flying (which I doubt), it will still have been merely unintentional.

Fennex said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

Ok, if you like, that's a way to interpret Jolteon's position XD

What I want to say is: if GF really was out to arrange the Eeveelutions in a someway preferably aestetic way, they would have placed Vaporeon in the top middle and Jolteon and Flareon (one of them flipped) face each other or something like that, in order to make all Eevelutions look towards the pic's center or towards the spectator.

Well, the point is that every eeveelution is displayed in their original artwork, none of them are flipped, I think this is what prevented them from doing so, they did not want to flip any of the images. Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon turn out the most aesthetically pleasing in this position (they could have swapped Jolteon and Flareon, but why mess with the order if both look equally acceptable?).

Blob55 said:
Sylveon HAS to be ground type according to that picture, because as you can see, all Eveelutions going Diagonally have standard Weaknesses/Strengths to the one opposite it, while Umbreon has an immunity to Espeon (They go Left to Right). So Jolteon and Sylveon (Going Up and Down), would make moore sense if Sylveon followed the pattern of Esp and Umbr and became a Ground Type.

NFESENE.png

NE = No Effect. SE = Super Effective, NVE = Not Very Effective.

Again, the fact that they are in order of which generations they were introduced in is totally inconcievable, because EVERY PICTURE MUST HAVE A HIDDEN MEANING

Yeah but guys, check this out:
1UTap7S.jpg

Each of the four corners has at least ONE non-neutral relationship with each other! AND THEN the top, Jolteon, is NVE against the bottom-right Leafeon, so MAYBE the BOTTOM SYLVEON, is NVE against the TOP-LEFT VAPOREON and since water, ice, and fire are already taken that means SYLVERON IS STEEL!

Clearly.

jynxed said:
1UTap7S.jpg

Each of the four corners has at least ONE non-neutral relationship with each other! AND THEN the top, Jolteon, is NVE against the bottom-right Leafeon, so MAYBE the BOTTOM SYLVEON, is NVE against the TOP-LEFT VAPOREON and since water, ice, and fire are already taken that means SYLVERON IS STEEL!

Clearly.

I will lol if it is actually steel.

4srs.

jynxed said:
Nope, check out the pic. It's Steel 100%.

Ikr. Look at those ribbons made of flesh. It couldn't be any less steel.

All joking aside, it's going to be either

a) Normal
b) Flying
c) A new type

but don't worry guys, those bug-type jokes are still just as funny as ever

jynxed said:
1UTap7S.jpg

Clearly.

This freakin' made my day xD I don't think that this pic is this much of a clue for a type ^^

@ Some Loser:
Don't rule out the Ghost type. Much arguments for the flying type were used for this one, too...

Back