XY What Type might Sylveon be?

RE: What Type might Ninfia (Sylveon) be???

Incoming rant!

I am so frustrated with all the rumors of being a flying type. How can it fly??!?!?!!??! Using its FRICKING BOW?!? ITS HAIR FROM THE CENTER BOW? I honestly think its a normal type.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Incoming rant!

I am so frustrated with all the rumors of being a flying type. How can it fly??!?!?!!??! Using its FRICKING BOW?!? ITS HAIR FROM THE CENTER BOW? I honestly think its a normal type.

Then how does Dodrio fly? And don't say its heads rotate like a chopper. And what about Lugia, with its messed up handwingfins and living under the water. Just because it can't clearly fly does not rule out flying.

I am hoping for flying but normal seems most likely.

Haunted Water said:
Umm... There is a such thing as effeminate looks and maculine looks, though.

But for one thing, they're arbitrary social constructs that differ in every culture, country and era. For another thing, they were only ever relevant to humans. Animals and monsters especially shouldn't have to go by these standards at all. I'm glad Gardevoir can still be male or female, and so can, conversely, Probopass.

davidchuyaya said:
Bulbapedia's trivia says Sylveon is the lightest of all Eeveelutions
just saying
light = flying?

By that logic it would be Ghost, since Ghost Pokémon tend to be the lightest species. And before its existence Jolteon was the lightest of the eeveelutions, that did not mean it was Flying either.

Trainerhan1 said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Incoming rant!

Then how does Dodrio fly? And don't say its heads rotate like a chopper. And what about Lugia, with its messed up handwingfins and living under the water. Just because it can't clearly fly does not rule out flying.

Doduo/Dodrio have wings, these are some Pokédex entries: ''Its short wings make flying difficult. A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed.'' It is never said they are unable to fly, their flying skills are just rather poor. Qwilfish is called a 'poor swimmer', yet it is a Water-type.

I do not see any problem with the wings of Lugia, they are huge and shaped like wings, probably not suitable for flying in real life, but according to the Nintendo logic, they seem to do fine.

I think flying type is definitely a possibility, but I'm also in denial. To support the claim, how does Shaymin fly in it's sky form? What? It uses it's ears? Okay, so I guess it makes sense if Sylveon uses it's bow or ribbons.

Ghost type would be especially interesting! I an definitely see it, but it looks a bit too cutesy to be a Ghost type. I'm kinda hoping it is though.

Pokequaza said:
davidchuyaya said:
Bulbapedia's trivia says Sylveon is the lightest of all Eeveelutions
just saying
light = flying?

By that logic it would be Ghost, since Ghost Pokémon tend to be the lightest species. And before its existence Jolteon was the lightest of the eeveelutions, that did not mean it was Flying either.

Trainerhan1 said:

Doduo/Dodrio have wings, these are some Pokédex entries: ''Its short wings make flying difficult. A bird that makes up for its poor flying with its fast foot speed.'' It is never said they are unable to fly, their flying skills are just rather poor. Qwilfish is called a 'poor swimmer', yet it is a Water-type.

I do not see any problem with the wings of Lugia, they are huge and shaped like wings, probably not suitable for flying in real life, but according to the Nintendo logic, they seem to do fine.

You are just supporting what I said, If Dodrio can fly with its poor(so small you can't even see) wings Sylveon could just as easily fly with its bows. And you said it yourself, if this is based on Nintendo's logic who knows what might happen.

Trainerhan1 said:
Pokequaza said:

You are just supporting what I said, If Dodrio can fly with its poor(so small you can't even see) wings Sylveon could just as easily fly with its bows. And you said it yourself, if this is based on Nintendo's logic who knows what might happen.

Dodrio has wings, they are used for flying. Sylveon has ribbons and bows, they are used for.. well, showing off? Not for flying. True, it is not based on real life, but even GameFreak has limits, just as Piloswine is not going to fly with its ears, Sylveon is not going to fly with its ribbons.

Pokequaza said:
Trainerhan1 said:

Dodrio has wings, they are used for flying. Sylveon has ribbons and bows, they are used for.. well, showing off? Not for flying. True, it is not based on real life, but even GameFreak has limits, just as Piloswine is not going to fly with its ears, Sylveon is not going to fly with its ribbons.

Let me ask you this then. What about Gyarados? It is a flying type and the only flying move it learns is roost. Gyarados can't learn fly or any other flying type moves. for that mater. So why is it a flying type? What I am saying is the possibility is their for Sylveon to be a flying type.

I'm guessing that it's going to be a new type. The Pokemon Company isn't trying this hard to hide its type for no reason.

Professer K said:
Pokequaza said:

Let me ask you this then. What about Gyarados? It is a flying type and the only flying move it learns is roost. Gyarados can't learn fly or any other flying type moves. for that mater. So why is it a flying type? What I am saying is the possibility is their for Sylveon to be a flying type.

Bounce. But its true. Its more Dragon (just look how many Dragon type moves it learns + its Draconic look. I think it was just by Lance too).

Bogleech said:
I just want to say how arbitrary and dumb it is when people say this is obviously "female only" or should have a "more masculine" counterpart. What is this, the 1920's? Just because something is pinkish with bows doesn't mean it can only be female, any more than something muscular and tough looking automatically means male. We aren't even talking about humans, here.

Penguins are not the male counterpart to pink flamingos. Moths aren't boy butterflies.
This string of insults toward me and those who simply hypothesized that there was a small possibility of male and female counterparts is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. I even included in my post that the possibility of that happening was very slim, not "obviously." I see no reason why it would sound dumb to say that a pink creature with bows in its hair is feminine. Please do not insult perfectly reasonable ideas and those who discuss them, for you do not know what type of form this Pokemon will be any better than I do.
Thank you.

Professer K said:
Pokequaza said:

That is exactly what I'm thinking. The Gyarados type is a great example.
And just for the record Gyarados cannot learn Roost. Its only flying type move is Bounce and that is through an event. But I still completely understand your point, and I agree with it as well.

Chrono said:
Bogleech said:
I just want to say how arbitrary and dumb it is when people say this is obviously "female only" or should have a "more masculine" counterpart. What is this, the 1920's? Just because something is pinkish with bows doesn't mean it can only be female, any more than something muscular and tough looking automatically means male. We aren't even talking about humans, here.

Penguins are not the male counterpart to pink flamingos. Moths aren't boy butterflies.
This string of insults toward me and those who simply hypothesized that there was a small possibility of male and female counterparts is completely unnecessary and uncalled for. I even included in my post that the possibility of that happening was very slim, not "obviously." I see no reason why it would sound dumb to say that a pink creature with bows in its hair is feminine. Please do not insult perfectly reasonable ideas and those who discuss them, for you do not know what type of form this Pokemon will be any better than I do.
Thank you.

Professer K said:
That is exactly what I'm thinking. The Gyarados type is a great example.
And just for the record Gyarados cannot learn Roost. Its only flying type move is Bounce and that is through an event. But I still completely understand your point, and I agree with it as well.

My bad. I thought it was roost when it was actually bounce. I thought I saw roost in it's move list before but I guess I was mistaking. I did cheek again and you are right.

Professer K said:
Pokequaza said:

Gyarados has been seen flying in the anime, just because it cannot learn Fly, does not mean the Pokémon itself cannot fly, Butterfree flies and cannot learn Fly either.

Gyarados was also never meant to end up as a part Flying-type, originally they had a Water/Dragon-type in mind, however since that type would have been overpowered in the first generation, and still today, they swapped the Dragon-type, for apparently the Flying-type. I do not know what the actual reason behind this was, only GameFreak knows, but I can assume to give it an even bigger advantage over Magikarp which is supposed to represent weakness compared to Gyarados.

Gyarados is not a great example.

It is secondary Flying. There is plenty of pokemon who barely learn any moves of their second type.

We're talking about a primary Flying type. If Gyarados was Flying/Water instead of Water/Flying, it would be much more airborne or wind related and learn tons of Flying moves...instead of merely looking like one of those sock kites and learning barely any.

Mitja said:

It is secondary Flying. There is plenty of pokemon who barely learn any moves of their second type.

We're talking about a primary Flying type. If Gyarados was Flying/Water instead of Water/Flying, it would be much more airborne or wind related and learn tons of Flying moves...instead of merely looking like one of those sock kites and learning barely any.

There's only one primary flying type and that's Tornadus. All other flying types are secondary.

Pokequaza said:
Professer K said:

Gyarados has been seen flying in the anime, just because it cannot learn Fly, does not mean the Pokémon itself cannot fly, Butterfree flies and cannot learn Fly either.

Gyarados was also never meant to end up as a part Flying-type, originally they had a Water/Dragon-type in mind, however since that type would have been overpowered in the first generation, and still today, they swapped the Dragon-type, for apparently the Flying-type. I do not know what the actual reason behind this was, only GameFreak knows, but I can assume to give it an even bigger advantage over Magikarp which is supposed to represent weakness compared to Gyarados.

I suppose is that you don't want that monster to have STAB Outrage. With DD and Moxie it would be too much now.

Blob55 said:
Mitja said:

There's only one primary flying type and that's Tornadus. All other flying types are secondary.

Exactly. In the 654 pokemon we've got so far, there are no "great examples" for such a case. Which if anything, makes a Flying eeveelution unlikely, even before you take its non-airborne design into consideration.

RE: What type is Ninfia???

Keeper of Night said:
The way it will evolve, it will be a new stone or other item like the others (Umbreon/Espeon using the new clock, Leafeon/Glaceon using mossy/icy rock).
Type? No one will know for certain until it's revealed. Flying? Maybe. Normal? Possibly. Normal/Flying? Probally not.
If they introduce a new Light type, this Eeveelution could be one of them. Umbreon was one of the first Dark types, so it could happen again.

I serioiusly doubt Game freak will come out with a new type. It's possible, but highly unlikely. Although, I believe it will be a normal type and maybe they'll make it so all you have to do is level up to evolve eevee

To be honest, doesn't it even matter? Gyarados is powerful either way anyway.
Now, actually talking about Sylveon's type:
Suppose it is Flying. How would you evolve it?
Well, someone proposed this on Psypoke. You stand at a cliff, press (A). *Would you like to throw Eevee off in hopes that'll turn into Sylveon?* Click 'Yes'
*Sorry, your Eevee didn't evolve. It just ran away in anger.*

RE: What type is Ninfia???

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
maybe they'll make it so all you have to do is level up to evolve eevee

That's like the only thing we can actually 100% safely assume that it won't happen.

gen IV they went out of their way and introduced required-move-evolutions for the sake of not completely throwing consistency out the window. I doubt they'll stop now.

It would be by learning Swift at least, but Im inclined to a new method...probably involving whatever that new game mechanic bonding is they keep referring to.

Back