BW/BW2 What type should the 3rd mascot be?

anything whit dragon would be cool, but ice is my favorite, then could be grass or something, i mean who knows, the type doesnt matter to much on the roll of the pokemon in the game, i mean, in D/P the secondary steel/water types on dialga and palkia didn't matter on her rolls of time and space gods and now i dont see a conection between the yin and yang and reshiram and zekrom's fire and electric type.

I think it will be dragon/ice.I saw a fake picture that was created only for speculation and it was cool.It was a dragon with three heads(different from each-other) and it was transparent.

I was thinking Dragon/Ice but that would overpower nearly all dragon types, so im hoping it would be Dragon/Dark

I think it would be interesting if it was another Dragon/Steel type, because it seems logical that the 3rd game will be called "Pokemon Grey", and its mascot could also be grey, (so it is a mixture of black and white, and grey/silver is the colour of steel). Also, steel is weak to fire and electric (Reshiram's and Zekrom's secondary types, respectively), so it could be Dragon/Steel.

However, I agree with what most people are saying about it probably being Dragon/Ice, because we have seen a number of trios have the Electric/Fire/Ice types (i.e. the legendary birds, Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar and the legendary dogs), so it seems highly likely that the 3rd mascot of the 5th generation will be Dragon/Ice. If that's true I would love to see what it looks like! :3

I was going to take Dragon/Ice as a given, due to Fire/Ice/Electric being a common trio - Magmar/Jynx/Electabuzz, Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos, the Fangs, the Punches, moves like Fire Blast and Flamethrower having similar counterparts, etc.

However, Dragon/Ground makes sense as a sort of victor over both. However, that combo's been done twice whereas Dragon/Ice would be new and interesting. Also worth mentioning that the third could still be a master over the two, since both Ice and Dragon are a Dragon's nemesis, so it works.

I vote Dragon/Ice, for the sake of originality and plain consistency.

What if the third legendary was a Fire/Electric Type? Like a coming together of Reshiram and Zekrom like the Yin/Yang theory.

I think it will most likely be Dragon/Ice as the previous rumors from the supposedly truthful resource showed that a Dragon/Ice type was late in the National Pokedex like a legendary would be and it was the only dragon/something type there.

Or maybe it will be Dragon + a type that's super effective against both Fire and Electric. Such as Ground.

Timeshift said:
Also, steel is weak to fire and electric (Reshiram's and Zekrom's secondary types, respectively), so it could be Dragon/Steel.
Electric is not very effective against Steel.

Timeshift said:
(i.e. the legendary birds, Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar and the legendary dogs)
Correction: Legendary Beasts

As long as it's a new type combination, I'm happy. If the rumor is right, and it's a green snake, I don't see Ground/Dragon. So Grass/Dragon or Poison/Dragon? I think Poison/Dragon is perfect, because then you wouldn't have a 'strongest' Pokémon.

Timeshift said:
I think it would be interesting if it was another Dragon/Steel type, because it seems logical that the 3rd game will be called "Pokemon Grey", and its mascot could also be grey, (so it is a mixture of black and white, and grey/silver is the colour of steel). Also, steel is weak to fire and electric (Reshiram's and Zekrom's secondary types, respectively), so it could be Dragon/Steel.

However, I agree with what most people are saying about it probably being Dragon/Ice, because we have seen a number of trios have the Electric/Fire/Ice types (i.e. the legendary birds, Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar and the legendary dogs), so it seems highly likely that the 3rd mascot of the 5th generation will be Dragon/Ice. If that's true I would love to see what it looks like! :3

ugh! i really hope its not called "gray", gray sounds so boreding and dull.

Shadow Arceus said:
ugh! i really hope its not called "gray", gray sounds so boreding and dull.

As boring and dull as it may sound, it has appeared as a trademark for a possible name for the next game, so it is likely that the next one will be Pokemon Grey, unless Nintendo registers another, better trademark. It won't be 'Silver' obviously, as that is already the name for a previous game. I prefer 'Chrome', but with bland colours such as 'Black' and 'White', 'Grey' just seems inevitable. :S

Back