BW/BW2 What type should the 3rd mascot be?

Shining Rotom said:
As long as it's a new type combination, I'm happy. If the rumor is right, and it's a green snake, I don't see Ground/Dragon. So Grass/Dragon or Poison/Dragon? I think Poison/Dragon is perfect, because then you wouldn't have a 'strongest' Pokémon.

Just because it's green doesn't necessarily make it grass or poison though. Just look at Rayquaza.

the colors arent bland they are symbols of how bland it would be if tps goal was met. i dont want gray or rainbow though there doesnt seem to be that many options.

Timeshift said:
I think it would be interesting if it was another Dragon/Steel type, because it seems logical that the 3rd game will be called "Pokemon Grey", and its mascot could also be grey, (so it is a mixture of black and white, and grey/silver is the colour of steel). Also, steel is weak to fire and electric (Reshiram's and Zekrom's secondary types, respectively), so it could be Dragon/Steel.

However, I agree with what most people are saying about it probably being Dragon/Ice, because we have seen a number of trios have the Electric/Fire/Ice types (i.e. the legendary birds, Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar and the legendary dogs), so it seems highly likely that the 3rd mascot of the 5th generation will be Dragon/Ice. If that's true I would love to see what it looks like! :3

Although I'm praying to Arceus that the third game isn't titled "Pokemon Grey", I really like this theory. Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Ice would satisfy me ^_^

drg/stl has been done before and was an epic fail. palkia was a better designed better typed dragon and dialga was just a cheap shot at a dragon with a load of weaknesses. and it doesnt dominate (drg/grd) balance(fir/elc) or go along with the other types (drg/ice) reshiram and zekrom. and steel is predominantly technological like zekrom.

drg/stl has been done before and was an epic fail. palkia was a better designed better typed dragon and dialga was just a cheap shot at a dragon with a load of weaknesses. and it doesnt dominate (drg/grd) balance(fir/elc) or go along with the other types (drg/ice) reshiram and zekrom. and steel is predominantly technological like zekrom.

i meant a weakness it cat protect. imo it was a filler compared to others. i just dont want a repeat of a type already done, especially from another legend from last gen. but on topic, what weaknesses would ice/drg and grd/drg get? and the idea for a chaos pokemon could be drk/drg with an ability called chaos that would make pokemon randomly attack any other pokemon with any of their atacks

i meant a weakness it cat protect. imo it was a filler compared to others. i just dont want a repeat of a type already done, especially from another legend from last gen. but on topic, what weaknesses would ice/drg and grd/drg get? and the idea for a chaos pokemon could be drk/drg with an ability called chaos that would make pokemon randomly attack any other pokemon with any of their atacks

Pokequaza said:
Correction: Legendary Beasts

Same thing xD.

Pokequaza said:
Electric is not very effective against Steel.

Good point - I forgot about that. However, in the real world, steel does conduct heat and electricity, so here comes another one of my random brainwaves: Maybe the 3rd legendary literally conducts Reshiram and Zekrom (as in tells them what to do, like all legendary masters XD)? Does that put any weight on my theory? I still kind of want it to be Dragon/Ice though.

@ frostwind - I know they've done Dragon/Steel before, that's why I said "another Dragon/Steel pokemon". ;)

thats what dark means. its the symbol of wrong doing and mischief. thats why we have moves like snatch and thief and why fgt (which means justice) beats drk. gho is just a ghost thats it. why would it be part ghost if its chaos?

Shadow Arceus said:
i mean that dark doesnt have to represent anything more than darkness...

Actually, the Dark type is あくタイプ (Evil type) in Japan. So his/her point is still pretty valid.

(Lol) What? Ask NOA. We would have been much better off with calling it the Evil type instead of the Dark type IMO.

Anyway, if there were to be a Pokemon of chaos, it'd have to be Dark type IMO.

Now that you mention it, dark would be better fitting than ghost. Plus we haven't had a dragon/dark yet.

Back