BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.7%

• Total voters
RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

@Tarazuma:
Did I already mention you're one big hater?... Oh yeah, I did...
jeez, you hate everything... If you can't get used to them, you're not a true fan of Pokémon... I, myself, hated some gen V pokémon in the beginning and although I still think they're not that good, I'm getting used to them and learning to like them like I already said in a post...
I mean, the only gen 4 Pokémon I didn't like was Shaymin, but now after the movie and the sky forme and all, it's a decent pokémon to me...
Of course, there's ones that I like more than others but I never truly hated any single Pokémon species and despite not liking this gen V very much, I think I won't really hate any of the new Pokémon, I'll just need time to get used to them...

Hey, I never claimed to be a "true fan" that's "gotta catch em all", I'm just obsessed with my favorites, and I expected more from Gen 4 then what we got. But at least Gen 5 is making up for it in a big way.

Yeah except i'm one of those people who will never love that coffin and the crocodile Pokemon. That's the only thing i don't care for about the 5th generation and i will never change sorry.

^ Yeah, see, Playerking hates my 2 5th gen favorites, but w/e, that's his opinion. I could care less if he's a "hater" or not. No one has to love every single Pokemon. We can like or hate 'em as much as we want =P

I'm not a hater i love everything about this generation and the anime, but i'm allowed to not like those Pokemon the only thing that doesn't do it for me with the crocodile one is those silly eyes.

Tarazuma said:
Woah, I don't know anyone personally who thought that, but I certainly wasn't one of them.

I personally had a fangirl-gasm and vowed to pre-order the games the second I saw Desukan's back sprite. That's because I love ancient Egyptian related things, and I've always wanted an Egyptian themed Pokemon.

Though, I admit one thing. While not "in love" with Mijumaru, I don't mind it as much now, but ONLY because of the high chance that it may evolve into a water/fighting type, so it at least has some originality. But I didn't "get used to it" as some people might say. In fact, I still hate the Piplup and Chimchar lines, as well as Torchic and Combusken and the Cyndaquil line. I can't "get used" to something I hate and would have to spend most of the game staring at, especially knowing theres soooo many better designed monsters I could have, but can't access until the end of the game when there's nothing to do.

I still hate Pokabu for now, but I will reserve my final opinion for it's fully evolved form, in the end that's all that really matters anyways. But if Mijumaru dosen't become a water/fighting type, I'm gonna hate it as well >>
i agree with you about mijumaru, the only reason i dont hate it anymore is because of its supposed evo and i will be seriously dissapointed if it isnt real. i also agree with you about the chimchar and piplup lines sucking, the piplup lines were fugly as hell, and i didnt really care for the chimchar line. but i couldnt dissagree with you more about torchic and cyndaquil, whats wrong with torchic? and typhlosion is my favorite pokemon, his line is the best designed starter line imo, what could possibly be wrong with the cyndaquil line?!?!?!

Tarazuma said:
Woah, I don't know anyone personally who thought that, but I certainly wasn't one of them.

I personally had a fangirl-gasm and vowed to pre-order the games the second I saw Desukan's back sprite. That's because I love ancient Egyptian related things, and I've always wanted an Egyptian themed Pokemon.

Though, I admit one thing. While not "in love" with Mijumaru, I don't mind it as much now, but ONLY because of the high chance that it may evolve into a water/fighting type, so it at least has some originality. But I didn't "get used to it" as some people might say. In fact, I still hate the Piplup and Chimchar lines, as well as Torchic and Combusken and the Cyndaquil line. I can't "get used" to something I hate and would have to spend most of the game staring at, especially knowing theres soooo many better designed monsters I could have, but can't access until the end of the game when there's nothing to do.

I still hate Pokabu for now, but I will reserve my final opinion for it's fully evolved form, in the end that's all that really matters anyways. But if Mijumaru dosen't become a water/fighting type, I'm gonna hate it as well >>
how can anyone hate the cyndaquil line? typhlosion is the best starter!
whats your derpy little hypno supposed to be? bert from sesame street?

tyrannitard said:
i agree with you about mijumaru, the only reason i don't hate it anymore is because of its supposed evo and i will be seriously dissapointed if it isnt real. i also agree with you about the chimchar and piplup lines sucking, the piplup lines were fugly as hell, and i didnt really care for the chimchar line. but i couldnt dissagree with you more about torchic and cyndaquil, whats wrong with torchic? and typhlosion is my favorite pokemon, his line is the best designed starter line imo, what could possibly be wrong with the cyndaquil line?!?!?!

Lol well to be honest I don't HATE the Cyndaquil line, it just bores me, and Cyndaquil looks stupid. Typhlosion is ok though. I found the Chikorita line to be kinda boring as well. And while Feraligator is like my 2nd favorite Pokemon, and Totodile is adorable, I really can't stand Croconaw :/

Even in the first gen, I always disliked Blastoise. I thought the water cannons were pretty ridiculous. I'm just not fond of "cybernetic" designs. If he didn't have those stupid cannons I'd love him though, lol.

I really only started HATING starter lines with Torchic. I love Blaziken, but Torchic and Combusken make me wanna puke. ESPECIALLY Combusken, that thing is awful. Only Piplup is worse imo.

ANYWAYS, I'm just saying all this to show that I've been critical of the designs ever since gen 1 and 2 and my opinions aren't nostalgia based, lol. I'm glad to see someone else who hates Piplup though, that thing makes me sick.

They just seriously need to stop it with the whole grass=reptile thing, I'm freakin sick of it. They made a fire dragon, a water crocodile, but then a grass lizard, turtle and snake. COME ON! Why not a fire snake this time?! Can't they come up with something ELSE as a grass starter? I hate using grass types -.-

What's wrong with the piplup line i think Prinplu looks cool andyeah i hate blastoise, torchic and combusken i mean what were they thinking. And i think gamefreak should stop making Amphibian/lizard grass starters.

@Tarazuma:
Like I said, you hate everything... at least, you complained about every fire starter or them evos except the Charizard line...

Haha it's true, I only like the Charmander line and Blaziken basically. And the only water starters I like are the Totodile line. Though Mijimaru could change that, if it's final evolution truly is water/fighting, and looks decent.

Btw, I changed my post where I said I hated the Cyndaquil line. That was a bit harsh, I just kinda dislike them, and Typhlosion itself is actually pretty cool.

@tarazuma i always hated empoleon's design. but i still used him in my first run of platinum because i was willing to give it a chance.(you should try it some time, lol =P) the piplup line was the only starter line i hated, i thought the bulbsaur and chickorita lines were okay and i like the rest of the starters
btw, what dont you like about swampert?
and i agree, blastoise would have been better without the cannons

whats with all the hate on blaziken? he was the original fire/fighting starter and he just looked beast

Well, the thing is, I have to LOOK at the Pokemon sprites. It's not just about getting through the game for me, it's about having a team of cool monsters as my party. Playing with something awful looking like Piplup does nothing for me, I might as well not even play if I'm gonna be forced to use horribly designed Pokemon like that and most of what D/P offered. Which is exactly why I skipped D/P.

Swampert's design is ok, he's just not something I'd use. And um, I don't hate Blaziken, I love Blaziken actually. I just hate Torchic and Combusken.

Gen 3 is my favorite so far. It seems that the most common reasons that a personwould hate a generation is that it looks like Digimon and or yu-gi-oh.

Tarazuma said:
Well, the thing is, I have to LOOK at the Pokemon sprites. It's not just about getting through the game for me, it's about having a team of cool monsters as my party. Playing with something awful looking like Piplup does nothing for me, I might as well not even play if I'm gonna be forced to use horribly designed Pokemon like that and most of what D/P offered. Which is exactly why I skipped D/P.

Swampert's design is ok, he's just not something I'd use. And um, I don't hate Blaziken, I love Blaziken actually. I just hate Torchic and Combusken.
it would just be boring to repeat a previous pokerman that i had in dp in platinum, and i decided to give it a chance. and the blaziken comment was gear toward playerking95 but i misread what he said so it was redundent. i mus tagree that combusken was kinda lame, and even though i liked blaziken, i was dissapointed that torchic didnt evolve into a pheonix

A phoenix would have been interesting, but there is already Ho-Oh who seems to be based off a phoenix.

Btw, I like your sig quote, I <3 Yogi :D

heh heh thanx, i wanted a pheonix starter that wasnt rainbow colored, thats all. ho-mo felt like a multi colored bird with a crest, not a pheonix to me

edit:make that a pheonix with a flaming mane and wings(kinda like a combo of moltres and ho-mo, just cooler)

I used to hate Mijumaru, but now I like it. I loved Tsutaja from the first time I saw it. After you get used to them, they're fine. Tsutaja is my favorite a starter yet, with Chimchar being the least.

Well, I actually like the ideia of having a turtle with metal cannons... I like when they mix animals with other objects... another example is Murkrow's "witch hat & nose" and Honchkrow's "Mafia boss hat"... pretty cool IMO...

^ yeah, i think thats what made honchkrow so cool, although i dont like its tail. but cannons dont really go with a turtle

Back