BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.7%

• Total voters
RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

people are always hating on the newest generation for example when 4th generation came out i hated it but now i love them!it takes time for people to adjust to the newest generation after a while they'll shut up and complain about 6th generation.

This isn't just Pokemon, by the way. A lot of video game fanbases are like this (Legend of Zelda's is horrible from what I've heard).

Hell, people complain if they get exactly what they want. Before HG/SS was announced, people read too much into the context of D/P so they thought that there would be remakes on these small findings alone. When it was announced for reals, however, people complained about how Pokemon followed you and how the grass looked different (I still haven't found any posts about that).

Also, it kills me when people say that they should have used Fakemon, but don't seem to know that it would be the exact same deal as with official Pokemon, and I'd imagine that the people who complain couldn't do any better.

legend of zelda rocks! But anyway, you are completely right. People need to get over it or stop whining. Also, i could do much better with 4th gen, but thats because i can draw. Most people always complain and it really gets annoying. They should just stop since no one wants to hear it.

Widdi2k10 summed it up in one sentence why people hate gen V: Because people are afraid of change.

Now that I've seen the Ken Sugimori art for the new pokemon, they look a lot better. I think that's the only way I can accept them. I can't look at even the anime screenshots or the game pixel art...just Ken's stuff will legit make me happy no matter how ridiculous they look. The next one could be a ***** with six **** and two ***** dangling on each other and ***** **** sticking out like curly pin needles, but if it's a Sugimori, then I say go for it.

1st Gen: Originall my first favorite, now bumped down to least favorite. Most of the designs everyone is criticizing the new designs for first appeared in Gen 1 so that is why I must suddenly hate on G1 in response for no reason just like everyone bashs G3 and later for no reason. 5th Best.
2nd Gen: Barely any new Pokemon evolved and too many were related to past Pokemon. 4th Best
3rd Gen: Introduced most of the Pokemon I worship today. Best starters, best legends, and most fixed the 2nd Gen's mistake of most being related to past Pokemon. Plenty of new things to see with these Pokemon such as new evolution methods and the abilities to make them shine. 2nd Best.
4th Gen: Introduced many great faces such as the Legends though the starters weren't universal acclaim like those in the 3rd Gen. 3rd Best.
5th Gen: New personal favorite for me nowadays. Game Freak is trying hard to make the Pokemon similar to Gen 1's Pokemon but with everything good the 3rd Gen and onward introduced such as designs and abilities. People who hate on the designs have no shame really, especially with the reasons said in the first post of this topic about the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen's major design flaws. 3rd Gen and onward fixed all that but most people are acting crazy by thinking they're too detailed, but if that were true it would have to be literally impossible to tell them apart from the averge Digimon, which is impossible to have both 3rd Gen and onward resemble Digimon because the textures used for the Pokemon do not resemble anything over detailed.

^the fourth gen was much worse then gen2 with the past gen evos, and there were no new evolution methods, lol!

Leafeon and glaceon had different evos, along with magnezone and probopass. I do get your point though and completely agree with you.

^i think he meant in the third generation

this is what he said: 3rd Gen: Introduced most of the Pokemon I worship today. Best starters, best legends, and most fixed the 2nd Gen's mistake of most being related to past Pokemon. Plenty of new things to see with these Pokemon such as new evolution methods and the abilities to make them shine. 2nd Best.

he said that the third gen had new evo methods, when it didnt

gen 4 actually have new evo methods like local-dependent evos and mantyke's method which requires a remoraid on the team to evolve... and gen 3 had nincada's unique evolution method (shedinja) and wurmple evo depends on personality value which is a method I think hasn't been used on any pokémon before or after gen3...

Can't you just be grateful and put your bias aside? Can't you be supportive that Gamefreak hasn't stopped everything, and is trying to continue making games for OUR entertainment? of course, they want the money, too. But they can also make new games and make even more money, considering they're already famous, so they have a headstart, but they want to continue Pokemon for us.

All Pokemon games are good. There's no need to hate them because you like Johto & Kanto so much and other people like other gens...You can still like johto and kanto and try out the new ones.

IE: it's annoying how people will say g/s/c is better than hg/ss. Like wtf? All i see in g/s/c are graphics that put me off from playing, when hg/ss has better graphics and more features. FFS, it has the same storyline. It's clearly better. And then someone will say, "nu g/s/c r still betar cuz dey r 0r1g1nal".

I bet haven't even played the newer ones, or haven't even gotten halfway through. Your bias is probably keeping you from that.

And in w ay I can kind of thank the fanbase for the criticism, because given how every 5th gen Pokemon is experiencing the hate it'll be alot easier to point out legit Pokemon. Take those 3 starter evos which they said are fake, because if they were the average fake nobody would've said anything negative. Also, they have no evidence from the poster saying HOW they are fake. But the main point of what I'm trying to say about them is that they suffered just as many criticism as the average 5th gen Pokemon. In fact the criticism they suffered is almost identical to that of their lowest stages the Isshu Starters. Trust me, I've seen most of everyone's posts about them and given as mentioned almost every 5th gen Pokemon faced criticism all of it could actually be used as credibility evidence (Also they are still listed as unconfirmed because the poster simply said they are fake but did not explain how, as I already mentioned).

But anyways, I think I might have missed some things so let me ask this; Do you think the fanbase will simply halt with the criticism around a month after the games are out? I mean, while the designs can look strange at first they just take a short ammount of time to get used to that's all. :/

I loved the fake starter evo's before and everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

People will not like all pokemon, so what? They have just as much right to have the opinion to hate all pokemon as we have a right to like most/all of them. Should haters be playing? Probably not, but thats there problem so do not let it be yours. Dont try to change someones opinion on something like what game is better. Better is an opinion and nothing more. People will start to like pokemon this gen, once we get evos. Then people will stop complaining abut how how the BASIC starters do not look like the pokemon they have not evolved into yet.

In my opinion people don't like Gen 5 because maybe Pokemon Company has overexerted their work. Maybe the past games were too good and we don't feel like playing anything new? I have to say the starters depressed me so much. A pig like thingy for a fire starter? Definetely not my style but we haven't played it yet! Who knows we might be in for a huge surprise :D

My problem is that people say the starters look yo cute. Well duh, they are almost baby pokemon who have not grown up into the cool and tought evolutions yet. People are so quick to judge. Also, johto left people thinking that all the games would be direct sequels when it was the only one, and are afraid of another sinnoh. Hated sinnoh and would have quit dp if it was my first game. To me, leafeon and glaceon and maybe 1 or 2 others were good to me.

I absolutely hate the Infernape line for the sole reason that it just seems like a ripoff from Blaziken. I mean, were the game designers just thinking 'Oh yeah we can't think of a good fire starter so lets just make a new Blaziken but turn it into a monkey.' I will say that Gen 4 did give some Pokemon that needed Evos evos.

As for the 5th Gen, I really like it so far. When I saw the box legends I was immediately in love with Zekrom, and when I saw Rankurusu, Gigaisu and Denchura I fell in love with all of them.

I say that Gen 5 has got some original designs, such as a cell Pokemon, an evil crocodile, and an Electric Tarantula.

The only thing I don't like is that Mrs.Goth is a Psychic type.... I mean, it screams Dark type from 6 miles away. I guess it's just another 'Why didn't they make Gyarados a Dragon type'.

they probily dont like it cause there not use to it but the desins are cool like broccolie monkey wich is awsome.

when i frist saw them i didnt like it and now its my favorit gen

Honestly, Gen 5 is looking to be one of the best yet. In terms of Pokemon I have about an equal amount of likes from each generation so I can't comment there really, but overall I have enjoyed gen 4 the most. Gen 5 just looks to improve so here's hoping!

^ I agree about gen V. Gen V has the most amount of pokemon I like in a generation (but also has a lot of pokemon I can't stand). ALL the pokemon for gen V are either in the hate category or the really like category for me.

Back