XY X / Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: X/Y Box Art Subtly Reveals Legendaries Typing?

Rusty Sticks said:
Just gonna leave this here...

NvtC0h9.jpg

EDIT: sonofa professorlight already said it >:[

So who is that person?

I think nobody important; it's just a fan-theory. I will say that I think the third legendary (if we even get one! remember Lugia and Ho-Oh?) will be sea-dwelling since the sky and land are taken.

Frezgle said:
I think nobody important; it's just a fan-theory. I will say that I think the third legendary (if we even get one! remember Lugia and Ho-Oh?) will be sea-dwelling since the sky and land are taken.

But what about Kyogre?
And Manaphy is the prince of the sea.

Thief said:
Frezgle said:

But what about Kyogre?

I meant taken as far as mascot legendaries go in this generation only xU

Thief said:
Rusty Sticks said:
Just gonna leave this here...

NvtC0h9.jpg

EDIT: sonofa professorlight already said it >:[

So who is that person?

Someone who doesn't understand how 3d space works, evidently. the depth of the sea and the visual depth are not the same thing.

professorlight said:
Someone who doesn't understand how 3d space works, evidently. the depth of the sea and the visual depth are not the same thing.

And depth of the sea would be encompassed under the vertical axis

Frezgle said:

So if sky and LAND are taken, you seem to have a suspicion that Xerneas could be a Ground or Rock type. We already should probably have figured out that Yveltal is a Flying and possibly Dark type, though.

I honestly don't see how Xerneas could be a ground- or rock- type. I could see steel- though, because of its somewhat metallic colors and features, and that metals are found in the ground.

CyberCat5555 said:
I honestly don't see how Xerneas could be a ground- or rock- type. I could see steel- though, because of its somewhat metallic colors and features, and that metals are found in the ground.

Keep in mind that's not what I think, it's what Frezgle thinks (or maybe not, maybe he just worded it and I think that's what he means). ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually, I'm hoping for Xerneas to be GRASS/PSYCHIC type. But GRASS/DRAGON hasn't been done yet either.

GoobieDoob said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Keep in mind that's not what I think, it's what Frezgle thinks (or maybe not, maybe he just worded it and I think that's what he means). ;)
Actually, I'm hoping for Xerneas to be GRASS/PSYCHIC type. But GRASS/DRAGON hasn't been done yet either.
I don't see how it can be grass either. All grass types have some sort of vegetation on them, and Xern has no plants on it, or anything thing that resembles one. I know it's a deer that lives in a forest, but so is Stantler, and its pure normal. However, I am betting it will be steel/psychic, electric/psychic, and if faerie type is real, electric/faerie or steel/faerie.

GoobieDoob said:
CyberCat5555 said:
and if faerie type is real,

Do you mean Fairy? Or is that how Game Freak is spelling it :D!

Thats the correct original spelling of fairy, GF would probably go with the more common spelling though

CyberCat5555 said:
I hope you're not implying that Ground would be less likely because of your last point... If anything that gives more evidence for a Ground type Xerneas than a Steel one.
The only type I can 100% see with Xerneas is Psychic, because of its glowing appearance and multicolored gemstone antlers.
Can someone please please give me insight as to why Xerneas could be Steel type? I honestly can't see it at all.

GoobieDoob said:
CyberCat5555 said:

I think that Xerneas being a Dragon type is very unlikely. All dragons have had a look to them which is like 'Hi! I'm a dragon!' (well, all except Altaria and Kingdra). Xerneas is an elk which has rainbow antlers.
I'm thinking that they're ditching the Dragon mascots for this gen, or they may play it like R/S/E and have the 3rd mascot be Dragon (like many have speculated, if they do indeed come from Norse Mythology, there is a potential Poison/Dragon serpent).

I'm more interested as to how they connect. Each mascot legendary so far have some connection (Ho-Oh/Lugia are generally polar opposites, Groudon/Kyogre=weathers, Dialga/Palkia=time/space, Reshiram/Zekrom=yin/yang), and can easily be seen as a parallel to the other legendary.
Xerneas is an elk, and Yveltal is a bird. There's no obvious connection I can see, with the Norse Mythology exception.

CyberCat5555 said:
GoobieDoob said:
I don't see how it can be grass either. All grass types have some sort of vegetation on them, and Xern has no plants on it, or anything thing that resembles one. I know it's a deer that lives in a forest, but so is Stantler, and its pure normal. However, I am betting it will be steel/psychic, electric/psychic, and if faerie type is real, electric/faerie or steel/faerie.

mascots rarely make their types obvious through design. And I'm sure there are grass pokemon that don't have "vegetation" on them, or only to the point where Xerneas' antlers would count just as much. The first thought I had when I saw it from the front in the trailer was "yggdrasil" with the branchlike antlers.

GoobieDoob said:
CyberCat5555 said:

*She* was only speaking in terms of habitat, not type. :v I don't see Xerneas being Ground or Rock either. Maybe (and it's a big maybe) Grass, but not either of those.

Mitja said:
CyberCat5555 said:

mascots rarely make their types obvious through design. And I'm sure there are grass pokemon that don't have "vegetation" on them, or only to the point where Xerneas' antlers would count just as much. The first thought I had when I saw it from the front in the trailer was "yggdrasil" with the branchlike antlers.
I don't see the "branchlike" antlers that everyone else can see. They just look like normal deer antlers with glowing things growing out of them. I just think that for once GF will not base the legendaries off a preexisting legend, it has gotten stale and boring. I think that this generation will be a lot more creative than just "let's reskin some legend/myth with Pokemon!," and actually creating a unique plot, that is why I believe the DNA theory is the most likely prediction for the plot and the legendaries. But every person to themselves, I guess.

CyberCat5555 said:
Mitja said:
I don't see the "branchlike" antlers that everyone else can see. They just look like normal deer antlers with glowing things growing out of them. I just think that for once GF will not base the legendaries off a preexisting legend, it has gotten stale and boring. I think that this generation will be a lot more creative than just "let's reskin some legend/myth with Pokemon!," and actually creating a unique plot, that is why I believe the DNA theory is the most likely prediction for the plot and the legendaries. But every person to themselves, I guess.

The reason people think Xerneas could be Grass is that it could represent a mother nature/forest guardian, with Grass easily being the most fitting types for that role. Fairy could easily come second.
The thing is, we've always seen it in a forest, and that's the biggest hint we have to its type.
Like Mitja said, legendaries don't make their types obvious. I for one would never guess that Palkia was actually a Water type, and I wouldn't assume Dialga was a Steel type at first sight.
The thing is, we don't have a Grass type mascot legendary at the moment, so we don't actually know how it could play out. Most people think of a Grass/Dragon badass legendary, but for me a more likely thing would be a mother nature/forest guardian mon. I personally can see Xern as a mother nature force very easily.
Psychic is also a type commonly used for legendaries. I personally would much rather Xerneas be a Fairy type than a Psychic type.
I personally think that the DNA thing won't be particularly relevant in the legendaries, but it will play some role in the plot. One idea I had is that the evil team would use Xerneas/Yveltal's DNA and genetically engineer several casual Pokemon (like Sawsbuck and several avian mons) however it would go horribly wrong.

(also, @Mitja, there are Grass types that don't have vegetation on them. Treecko, Virizion and Chespin are all Grass types yet have no leaves/anything on them)

Hopefully, CoroCoro/E3 will end this long discussion once and for all. Xern/Yvel/Sylvie's types pleaseee

Frezgle said:
Thief said:
But what about Kyogre?

I meant taken as far as mascot legendaries go in this generation only xU

I feel that, but I'm thinking of the entire Pokémon planet. Each legendary in ever generation has it's own unique purpose. I personally always thought that they together as a whole are what keep the planet alive. Like how greek gods all had their place and specialty that they reside over. It wouldn't make sense to me for them to just make land/sky/sea legendaries, because we already had that in gen 3. Meaning that these new legendaries would offer something different to the world.

Also by that, I just mean land, sea and sky as a general. I would think Xerneas may be a land animal, but his purpose could have something to do with foliage and keeping organic life in balance. Yveltal (?) would be like an overseer of the skies, really I have less ideas about him because his box is just the sky, which I think is less specific than plants. Whoever Z is, if there is one, could oversee the underworld or underground.

Yes, that, and also the fact that there's more than one class of legendaries:
-those who's power is so great that affects the entire world:
(articuno, zapdos, moltres /weather (according to the movie), lugia/oceanic currrents, ho-oh/sun, groudon/landmasses, kyogre/sea levels, rayquaza/atmosphere, palkia/dimensional space, dialga/dimensional time, giratina/dimensional nothing, arceus/creator)
-those who are just really powerful and rare:
(mewtwo, celebi, deoxys, regigigas, victini, reshiram, zekrom, kyurem, tornadus, thundrus, landorus, genesect)
-or just powerful:
(entei, raikou, suicune, regice, regirock, registeel, heatran, darkrai, cresselia, cobalion, terrakion, virizion, keldeo)
-or rare:
(mew, latias, latios, jirachi, manaphy, phione, shaymin, meloetta)
Of course, all are special, and all are rarer than a regular pokemon; some of them are very few or even the only ones of their kind (mewtwo, genesect, reshiram, palkia), while others could be more than just a few, but still rare (the trios, lati twins, darkrai, manaphy/phione, shaymin, meloetta)

I probably made some mistakes, and the specific rareness and power could be argued for years, but the pattern is clear, I don't think anyone would dare to compare the magnitude of dialga's power to registeel, for example (always talking about the specific powers, not battle matchups)

Here are the top 5 types that Xerneas is probably going to be:

Psychic/Steel
Grass/Psychic
Rock/Grass
Psychic/Ground
Steel/Dragon

That's what I came up with at least :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back