Finished Werewolf XXVII: Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, I guess we know some stuff about the Box's timer: it rises 1pt each IRL 48h, its level can modify some abilities and using most abilities can rise the timer when activated. We didn't know the timer's fuse time (such redundancy). Now, since we know roles can change, logic could say that roles must be at least usable by the time the box reaches that number. Most Abilities we've posted change at ~20, bar one: ninjas'.
And who could be the only one that could benefit from the timer being as high as that (it's actually a really high number, based on the rest of abilities and the slow progress of the timer's own fuse) would be the Independent. My theory: bbninjas is the Independent. His wincon is "open the box", his Ability, which evolves at 50, could very well be the timer itself; and the evolution would be that the box opens up.
And even if 50 isn't the limit (which is unlikely), the ability can speed up the bomb even more and he has another ability that opens up the box.

This also adds up to the fact that earlier in D1 ninjas didn't know about Star Witnesses: he couldn't case less about them!

It's not the strongest theory on the world, but it's at least something to look into.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: bbninjas
There's a few things I noticed in this theory that are problems:

Firstly, what proof is there of "abilities can rise the timer when activated?". I recall you posting a very similar thing as one of your first Day 1 posts, actually.

Secondly, if I was a smart indie I would most certainly not post my actual number if it is that high. It does two things that would go against by apparent wincon. Firstly, it provides the Town information about when the box could end, which would not be exactly ideal if I was wanting to stall out the game. Secondly, it crossed my mind that with such a high number I could easily be perceived as indie. If this thought would've went through my head as an Indie, then why would I mention it?

Thirdly, why are you stating something so simple like "his wincon is 'open the box'"? It was effectively stated in the OP .---. Stating this a type of argument makes it looks like you're trying to frame me.

I think I will make and post a case on Luis after this as I have noticed a scummy problem with it. To those thinking it will be OMGUS, keep in mind that I mentioned that I would probably post a case on Luis, unbeknownst that Luis would post one on me.

I think he's going to go through with it. Juuuuuuust a guess :v
Damn, you clairvoyant.

Funnily enough the major lynch targets today have just cycled through my 3 major scum reads. I definitely think it's a possibility, though while I do read bb as more mafia than indie myself, it does definitely make sense.
Hooray \o/

I feel the need to point out that someone's, IIRC Luctini's, role actually evolved at 40, so there's not a huge gap there. Maybe it's a powerful late game role to stop the indie at a last resort? IIRC Luctini is vanilla rn.
That is correct. The baker evolves at 40.

There's a few things I noticed in this theory that are problems:

Firstly, what proof is there of "abilities can rise the timer when activated?". I recall you posting a very similar thing as one of your first Day 1 posts, actually.
I think he meant my ability, though I more think that was the lynch going through.
Secondly, if I was a smart indie I would most certainly not post my actual number if it is that high. It does two things that would go against by apparent wincon. Firstly, it provides the Town information about when the box could end, which would not be exactly ideal if I was wanting to stall out the game. Secondly, it crossed my mind that with such a high number I could easily be perceived as indie. If this thought would've went through my head as an Indie, then why would I mention it?
Exactly. That's why you would do it; as a line of defence.
Thirdly, why are you stating something so simple like "his wincon is 'open the box'"? It was effectively stated in the OP .---. Stating this a type of argument makes it looks like you're trying to frame me.
Because you're an expert on reading the OP, hmm? Maybe he thought it was necessary to reiterate it for you :v
I think I will make and post a case on Luis after this
I should become a professional psychic! :3

/me rolls eyes. @Celever, you literally just said to my middle defence "that is WIFOM". If I post another defence I could nearly guarantee you'd say "That's too defensive", and another "that's weak". Honestly, you really don't budge on recieving a defendant post as there is literally always a "no, you're still scummy" way to look at/ignore/excuse every defence.

Welp, I wouldn't be surprised if I get wagoned again. Loooooovely.

I know for sure Abilities can rise the timer since I have an Ability that rises the counter by 3 as a recoil, single use, but can't use it yet.

Baker's evolution: it's still rather high, but the highest of them all is still ninjas. We as town could have abilities that still evolve at higher levels perhaps to make the final days a bit more interesting and balanced, I guess, but the "limit" so far is still 50.

I know about the win con, it was just a summary. :v

Good luck trying to build a case on me, since this last post of mine are the only ones worth considering, I stayed away of most rumbles the last couple of days.

The other points were kindly addressed by Celever already, ty

Sorry I can't quote, my phone just won't let me. :v

I know for sure Abilities can rise the timer since I have an Ability that rises the counter by 3 as a recoil, single use, but can't use it yet.

Baker's evolution: it's still rather high, but the highest of them all is still ninjas. We as town could have abilities that still evolve at higher levels perhaps to make the final days a bit more interesting and balanced, I guess, but the "limit" so far is still 50.

I know about the win con, it was just a summary. :v

Good luck trying to build a case on me, since this last post of mine are the only ones worth considering, I stayed away of most rumbles the last couple of days.

The other points were kindly addressed by Celever already, ty

Sorry I can't quote, my phone just won't let me. :v
Well, you all responded to one of my confusions...

Okay, so I've just read through the first 20 pages or so of Day 1 and have picked a few things up (mostly compiled before Luis posted his case):
I do want to point out now that there are a lot of newer players, and newer players scumread a lot more than more experienced players whether they are town or mafia. We should handle lynches carefully in this game.

I think I just realised that celever had originally posted the reason he was has been much more reserved in lynching newbies...

What we really need to be careful with is triggering our actions if they rise the timer. Unless we can get good info, we'll need to time those usages carefully and avoid a time where we all rise the timer to X (limit number) and we lose at once. Dx

I'm finding this early post of Luis' awfully strange. He feels awfully confident on his theory, and it also feels quite... creative? It doesn't feel like something I would have thought of right off the bat before the timer had even begun ticking. Possible indie here.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying, @PMJ. It looks like an ability wasn't used to prevent the timer for Pandora's Box increasing, but hopefully if the ability is in the game (which I think is pretty likely) it's just getting saved until a day where the timer might increase more.

1) Oh, that was a very good observation there. I didn't actually notice that little detail....

Actually I just checked back. There's 23 players in this game, so 12 is the majority. 23 - 12 is 11, so yeah, 12 is the logical majority. It doesn't mean that there aren't roles that mess with vote weight in play, though. Usually majority doesn't change to accommodate mayors and the like anyway.

2) Yeah, I think it's probably a one-off use of an ability too. Day 1 wasn't a bad time to use it, though, has to be said.

3) The "Someone's dreams have become reality!" is interesting. It seems to me like it could be something of a lover role... their dreams of love have come true?

Celever had this idea of a lover right from the beginning. Curious.

Luispipe8's behavior is also quite similar to the previous game, in which he was scum. You are constantly using terms like we, when you should use I. Therefore making you look like you are making a general announcement as a townie.

Camo is also something worth investigating. Normally he is all over RVS, but he appears to be absent, odd. He is probably busy or something, but for now he is still totally possible.

I am really not liking how Josh made all of these posts that were sooooo confident about other people's metas when he has not played before. This is exactly what I did as a mason in my first game here, so I am inclined to believe Josh was part of a QT. Exactly if that is a Town or Scum QT I am not entirely certain.

Doctor can only protect one night, so is he guaranteed to die the next night. Is that like an auto Mafia kill or something?

I don't like this. Josh is pretty certain the doctor can only protect 1 night, it appears.

I just read through the last couple pages. Today has been a very odd day. No one has given me a really strong scum vibe yet. I think that Yeowie has said a lot of really "What? Why would you say that? lol wot" things.

This post of Muffin's is weird. I don't get why you can't have had something to contribute like "hey, I think this person is mildly scummy". But nooooo, you have to be strongly scummy to get a mention.

Well, about those gazillion votes... I don't really know how to respond, honestly. Might this be a good time to post my role?

I actually think this a towny thing to say. I don't really see why a mafia would want to post their safeclaim asap, but then they are provided with full, so idk.

Yeah, but once we do manage to lynch the indie that's a whole faction taken out and a whole mechanic gotten rid of; we then want the box cycle to increase, because some of our roles will evolve. Personally I think that the indie poses a bigger threat to use right now than the mafia, though obviously both need to be gotten rid of in the long run.

I find this interesting. Especially how this is effectively the same reason Yeowie was going to get lynched...

@bbninjas get on here and fix this! Forget school:pas CJ said "I don't like it!"

Personally I'd rather lynch an inactive/ on the noobs but just humour is first:)

I didn't notice this before, but SS had actually voted me when he said this. So... what does that first sentence mean then?

I just looked back at his posts and... well, they certainly haven't contribute much. They are either some awfully confident speculation about Pandora's Box, bandwagon votes or fluff. Or the case he just posted. Overall very little contributions and no scumhunting, bar the case he just posted. Probably not going to hold, but certainly worth noting.

Luis' case is extremely weak. I've got a better theory about the box.
My time stamp is 60 so that throws that theory out the door for starters. I have a feeling 60 is the box timer because that would make sense (60mins in an hour) so I think 60 is logical...
60 counts is 120 days (if it's 48hours) which is 4 months, but since there are abilities (like luis) that increase it then that makes most sense to me.

@bbninjas the reason I typed that was because you were the most scummy in my eyes but I didn't necessarily want to lynch you. I simply wanted to hear your defence.
Now I'm going to go back a page and see who bandwagoned luis' case

And finally, I'm pretty sure Camo has learnt something about my role. His reasons for telling everyone to get off my earlier lynch seems to point to it, and Cypher's watch sorta confirms it.

My time stamp is 60 so that throws that theory out the door for starters. I have a feeling 60 is the box timer because that would make sense (60mins in an hour) so I think 60 is logical...
60 counts is 120 days (if it's 48hours) which is 4 months, but since there are abilities (like luis) that increase it then that makes most sense to me.

@bbninjas the reason I typed that was because you were the most scummy in my eyes but I didn't necessarily want to lynch you. I simply wanted to hear your defence.

Surprise surprise! Celever. Cypher also unvoted but chose not to vote me.

And that makes sense.

Wait a second, @Luispipe8

Didn't you say you were going to build a case before I mentioned that my ability evolved at 50? Who was this 'case' on before, then?

And finally, I'm pretty sure Camo has learnt something about my role. His reasons for telling everyone to get off my earlier lynch seems to point to it, and Cypher's watch sorta confirms it.
It wasn't a seer or anything though, because he said that if we're pretty sure then we can lynch you.
Wait a second, @Luispipe8

Didn't you say you were going to build a case before I mentioned that my ability evolved at 50? Who was this 'case' on before, then?
I'm pretty sure you actually said the timer was in 50 ages ago, IIRC. I'm not digging for it though, I knew you were going to ask me. It's my psychic powers B)

What good would a role that timestamps at 60 be if 60 is when the Pandora's Box opens? I can't see it being any longer than 60 either, because that's already pretty extortionate (I'm glad I'm not the indie rn :v) but if Luis' case holds any water, I think it might hold a little more now that you've said that. So good job n~n.

##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Squirtle Squad

Firstly, you are putting waaaaay too much merit into role claiming. Faking claims isn't that difficult when PMJ provides everyone with one, you know...
Secondly... You! Still! Dont! Know! How! Camo! Plays!
PMJ provides everyone with claims? I didn't know that. How did you know that? Or do you mean just for scum? ...Or are you scum? (Beink a noob suks absowutewy :confused:)

And if Camo always plays like this, I'm going to put it out there:
HECK, IT'S STUPID!!

PMJ provides everyone with claims? I didn't know that. How did you know that? Or do you mean just for scum? ...Or are you scum? (Beink a newbie suks absowutewy :confused:)
Yes, PMJ mentioned it ages ago. Im not going to find it but you can probably search for it using the search box up there ^

And if Camo always plays like this, I'm going to put it out there:
HECK, IT'S STUPID!!
Go and look at other games and see how productive it is.

PMJ provides everyone with claims? I didn't know that. How did you know that? Or do you mean just for scum? ...Or are you scum? (Beink a newbie suks absowutewy :confused:)
PMJ confirmed that all mafia get safe claims. This would logically also include the indie.

Also, this might be a scumslip, and if so I'm clearly worse at reading than I though. At first he thought he meant you literally meant EVERY player in the game. For him to make that assumption, he must have a fake claim.
##UNVOTE: Squirtle Squad
##VOTE: Yeowie

This one's serious.

It wasn't a seer or anything though, because he said that if we're pretty sure then we can lynch you.

I'm pretty sure you actually said the timer was in 50 ages ago, IIRC. I'm not digging for it though, I knew you were going to ask me. It's my psychic powers B)

What good would a role that timestamps at 60 be if 60 is when the Pandora's Box opens? I can't see it being any longer than 60 either, because that's already pretty extortionate (I'm glad I'm not the indie rn :v) but if Luis' case holds any water, I think it might hold a little more now that you've said that. So good job n~n.

##UNVOTE: bbninjas
##VOTE: Squirtle Squad
You're kidding me Celever. Seriously. This is ridiculous. Who would go on and see that there ability evolves at 60 when someone like me was going to get lynched for being the highest at that point? I don't even see the point of trying to get brownie points from this; it would be waaaaay too risky for a scum to do.

Firstly, was your vote before not serious Celever? :s Anyways, the second thing that Celever said actually makes sense.

##unvote: Jeremy1026 ##vote: Yeowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back