(1) GS REMAKE COMING? [5/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (1) GS REMAKE COMING!! [5/2]

FireMeowth said:
That is one of the reasons why I hate the idea of G/S remakes. If they make G/S remakes, they practically MUST make remakes of R/S and D/P afterwards... -.-

Not really. The reason GS will likely be remade is due to the high popularity and demand for the generation/remake. FRLG was remade to make certain Pokemon obtainable.

Looking at those two reasons, the only way either RS or DP will be remade is if that most of the Pokemon from their generation is unobtainable. Ruby and Sapphire certainly wasn't popular as the generations before it (because it took away many features that made GS popular), and the reason DP isn't as popular is because a lot of fans did not like the Pokemon in the generation. Fans also expected many of the features that are in DP to be in DP. GS blew the top off the expectation list that was given for the next Pokemon game after Yellow.

1) THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED. While it is fun to speculate, you guys are being way too serious about this coming out. If it is true, you'll have months to discuss the wonderful things in the game. But if it isn't, you guys will be very disappointed.

2) @ The Fallen One: There's no need for a third installment. Changes to Crystal were the battle tower, animated pokemon, and a female. (Other minor changes as well). Nintendo could easily place most of these changes in GSDS and not need a crystal. Notice too, that there wasn't a crystal ball, if indeed that is a hint.

3) @ A bunch of you: There won't be Kanto. You can already go to it in FR/LG. I don't think Nintendo would like it if they kept rehashing Kanto for the 4th time now. Houen is also unlikely. While the DSi would present a problem to Pal Park, Houen was in R/S/E, and it'd be odd to remake Houen for 4th generation if they'd do a 5th gen remake.

Houen pokemon can be found in DPPt anyway. For the starters/legendaries, they could be available in GSDS like the legendary birds and regis in Pt. Starters could be given when you complete the Johto dex, then trade w/ friends. It would be most likely that after Johto they'd make up some new place to explore like Sevvi Islands.

4) @ Swords of Seals: They would remain with the level up moves that they have now, not change the whole system. People could just import other game pokemon anyway.

The game is one of the best rpgs ever. The DS now has Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV. If we get Gold and Silver remakes, I don't know what more I could ask for!

I don't think they will include Hoenn in a GSC remake, if that is what this is. By adding more regions, there is less that the developers can do with the other regions. I do think they would have Kanto in there, because parts of Kanto are important to the plot in GSC (S.S. Aqua, Janine, Blue, Cinnabar Isle, Magnet Train in Saffron, new power plant, etc), as it shows what happens in Kanto several years later after RBY took place. By cutting out Kanto, it would be a large retcon of the original games. If they did cut out Kanto, they would have to re-locate the Pokémon League, as it is located in Kanto, and if only the path through Victory Road was accessible, it would feel awkward.

What I am interested in is if they keep the Shining Gyarados at Lake of Rage. In the GSC days, it had specific individual values (IVs determined a lot of things back then). I wonder if they will still have it with only 1 set of IVs, or allow ones of different IVs to be captured. Who doesn't want a Shining Gyarados with Aqua Tail / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Dragon Dance, or something similar?

I am still going to wait for the announcement before assuming it is really a remake, because while yes, it does seem likely that it is a remake, there is still the chance that it is not.

Hoenn will not be included. Peroid. Hoenn is not popluar, and is not actually connected to Johto by land, unlike Kanto.

I still believe they will keep Kanto, as Johto is on the small side in terms of regions. Also, if they didn't include Kanot, several things would have to be changed, like DRK176 said.

Maybe they would have Kanto, but they've used Kanto way too much, IMO.

Though they Shining Gyarados would probably still be there, for plot reasons. There wouldn't be any specific IVs, since they'd be using DPPt as a basis.

if there isn't a shiny gyarados in it, hoe do you xplain the news story you see in D/P?

also, it could be a yellow remake their doing now...

Hey you guys at pokebeach wanna translate some bits? Like what Shoko says after the censored bit?
http://www.filb.de/forum/showthread.php?t=177&from=1042
Anyway uh listen closely when the gold letters pop up.
Pokemon Johto!

Wow, I'm so glad to hear that there will finally be a GS remake, well supposedly. All those months of petitioning really paid off, lol. Regardless of that, I'm sure Nintendo sensed that their fans were waiting for one to come especially since most do not have the original version of the game so it is much needed. I wonder what new additions they'll add in. They have a lot of time on their hands because I didn't even beat the Elite Four of Platinum yet and I'm sure some have a long way to go on Platinum and can wait a few months before wanting the remake. November is the perfect time and I'm already excited although it hasn't been confirmed. :p

- Luigi

The difference is, the Kanto from GSC is completely different than the Kanto of RBY and FRLG. Things have changed drastically since the time pass from RBY to GSC, and these things made Kanto more of a sidequest ala Sevii Islands than anything else.

And, no offense Firemaker, but I couldn't help but notice the irony of you telling people not to get excited yet because this is unconfirmed, and in the same post say that Kanto will not be in the games, implying you know for fact that they won't be. How can you know something factual about a game that isn't even confirmed yet?

That aside, I doubt they'll remove Kanto, for obvious reasons. It might be rehashed, but it's no different than the rehash it got when GSC first came out. However, I can easily see them removing Kanto altogether, and relocating things to suit the game as it needs, but that seems like an awful lot of work for no reason.

As for Hoenn and Sinnoh, we obviously won't need to worry about the remakes of DP coming anytime soon, and the soonest we'd even have to worry about RSE being remade would be 2012, so we've got plenty of time to not worry about them for now. The only things we can't obtain solely within the 4th Gen right now are the starters and legendaries of previous generations. Following this trend, it's likely that they're not going to just toss them all in to the possible remakes, but rather release another game for the Wii similar to Colosseum and XD that would allow them to be obtained, as well as events (since we know how fond of those Nintendo is). I could easily see a game in which you obtain for example, Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle, in the same fashion that you could catch Bayleef, Quilava, and Croconaw in Colosseum. I see no reason why they couldn't do that for the other three starters as well.

As for the Legendaries, it's an obvious decision to include some that aren't native to Johto. Things like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are unlikely, as they tie directly into Hoenn legend, and for them to be found anywhere else would be a bit odd. I could, however, see Latias and Latios being found roaming Johto, as well as Mewtwo being found in Cerulean Cave. Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, and the GS Ball (This inclusion is an obvious factor for remakes) will most likely be done through event, with the GS Ball at least quite possibly being released over Wi-Fi in the same fashion as the Secret Key.

That would still leave the Ancient Legends of Hoenn, which again could easily be thrown into a new Wii game to go along with starters and other such things.

But again, this is all speculation on my part, just a thought on how things might be done. I'm still not convinced that the remakes are even coming out yet.

I can't believe it...finally....I'm jumping in my seat right now...yay!!!!!!!

Anyways...what starter would you guys take? I would go with Totodile.

lol gs remake

Please try to contribute more to the topic than this! Thank you! ~Xous

Kingdra King said:
I can't believe it...finally...I'm jumping in my seat right now...yay!!!!!!!

Chikorita. Restarted my Crystal version not to long ago, and I've been playing it ever since. Chose Chikorita.

FINALLY.

The holy day has (hopefully) been announced.

It's about time. We absolutely need a remake of these games. If they are not announced, I will get angry.

Don't get me angry, Pokemon Sunday.

You won't like me when I'm angry.

I bet the news is another remake of R/B/Y lol. But sereosley, these were the games I started with. It almost brings a tear to my eye to hear this :D. AWESOME!!!

I had these games when I was young and I hardly remember playing them. I am looking forward to them.

mr.619 said:
Kingdra King said:
I can't believe it...finally...I'm jumping in my seat right now...yay!!!!!!!

Chikorita. Restarted my Crystal version not to long ago, and I've been playing it ever since. Chose Chikorita.

Chose Cyndaquil. Chikorita sux against the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gyms. -_-

I can't believe they're remaking it! I hope they make the battle tower a lot easier than it is in Crystal. -__-

I admit that I'm really excited about this. Gold was the first game that I had my Mom buy for me (my first game period was Red, which my friend left and I...kind of stole. <<) and I remember falling asleep on the couch while playing it. XD

However, I do believe that this is entirely fan service. There's no reason to have GS remakes. Through FRLG, Colo/XD, and events (always events, since they don't really care if you can't make it), it was completely possible to get all 365 Pokemon in the 3rd generation, and transfer those to the 4th through Pal Park. So, I just think it's fan service.

I actually do hope they change a lot of things, though. I'm not looking for GS on the DS...that'd be kinda silly, if it was just the same exact game--they didn't do that with FRLG, so hopefully they don't do it with GS. I'm hoping they add in a girl character (preferably not the Crystal character, she looked a little weird, but considering the Red character in FR looked mostly the same, that'll probably end up being the case), actual Berry names, the breeding changes, and probably contests, too. It'd be a disappointment otherwise, I'd say.

Plot-wise, I enjoyed it. I never got as far as Kanto (I think I got to...Pryce's gym, MAYBE Claire's...but that was in Crystal), but I would like the chance this time around.

Looking forward to next Saturday, regardless. =D The week needs to go by faster!

This is an amazing discovery. I just hope they keep the Apricots, Kanto, and all the gyms the same as they were. Also, they need to keep Ash to fight in Kanto, and NO CONTESTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back