(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

Zielo said:
It would be interesting if it actually took two Honedge in your party to evolve and create one Doublade.

And then all of its base stats could double too :U
The only problem would be deciding with Honedge passes on the nature/IVs/EVs/personality value/moveset to the new Doublade ._.

Zielo said:
It would be interesting if it actually took two Honedge in your party to evolve and create one Doublade.
It would be really cool if they did that with all the multi-Pokemon. But how would IVs and natures and such work out? Well, I guess it could just be based on the Pokemon that levels up. :p

I like the idea. XD

Err... First reaction was 'What the hell?'.

I dunno... I'll probably come round to it. I don't hate it at least!

Bisharp said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Considering Honedge has 'one' in it in several languages, and Doublade has the word 'double' in its name, it seems likely that we'll see a 3rd stage in the line.

That aside, I really like Doublade.
Maybe its this gens psuedo legend? It would certainly be an interesting choice, and would be a welcome break from all the dragons.
(unless they pull it like Hoenn and have Honedge's line as well as a dragon line or something)

Not to sound like a dunce or anything, but what makes a Pokémon a pseudo legend? Does it have to come right before the legendaries?
Final evolution having a base stat total of 600. It is usually a 3-stage line with the final evolving rather late.

Volcarona isn't a pseudo-legendary as its BST is only 550. Hydreigon is. Each region has had 1 pseudo-legend line to date, save Hoenn, which had 2.

Zielo said:

Just like it took 3 Magnemite in your party to evolve into a Magneton. Or 2 Metang to make a Metagross.

But hell I would love that.

DNA said:
Bisharp said:
Not to sound like a dunce or anything, but what makes a Pokémon a pseudo legend? Does it have to come right before the legendaries?
Final evolution having a base stat total of 600. It is usually a 3-stage line with the final evolving rather late.

Volcarona isn't a pseudo-legendary as its BST is only 550. Hydreigon is. Each region has had 1 pseudo-legend line to date, save Hoenn, which had 2.

Ah, now I see. Well I guess that's another Pokémon lesson learned :p

Zielo said:
I would like your post but the button is gone...?

I wondered why you didnt need 3 magnemite to make magneton, which is more obvious just 3 stuck together [doublade has at least some differences].

SavvyJackal said:
Zielo said:
It would be really cool if they did that with all the multi-Pokemon. But how would IVs and natures and such work out? Well, I guess it could just be based on the Pokemon that levels up. :p

I like the idea. XD

Good question. I suppose that method could work, being based on the Pokemon that levels up. Or, and I'm really bad with numbers, but maybe just take the stats of both, add them up, and divide by a certain number, or just do some kind of mathematical explanation like that. I'm sure there would be ways to get around it. xP

Zielo said:
SavvyJackal said:

I like the idea. XD

Good question. I suppose that method could work, being based on the Pokemon that levels up. Or, and I'm really bad with numbers, but maybe just take the stats of both, add them up, and divide by a certain number, or just do some kind of mathematical explanation like that. I'm sure there would be ways to get around it. xP
Yea, averaging it out or using the Pokemon that levels up would both be good options, I think. :3

But with averaging it out, Natures come into question. Randomize it, maybe?

Coat of arms dual-weilding ghost swords with evil pink coloration?

GIMME

I just wish they included more useful screenshots. I want to see how it attacks!

garbodorable said:
Coat of arms dual-weilding ghost swords with evil pink coloration?

GIMME

I just wish they included more useful screenshots. I want to see how it attacks!

Hopefully they will put it on the official X Y website pretty soon, there may be more screenshots.

SavvyJackal said:
Zielo said:
Yea, averaging it out or using the Pokemon that levels up would both be good options, I think. :3

But with averaging it out, Natures come into question. Randomize it, maybe?

Perhaps it'll take the nature of the one further up in the party/the pokemon that leveled up.

I'm glad that it looks genderless because, well, you can imagine the rest.

Anyone else wondering if Doublade will be able to attack twice in one turn similar to Mega Kangaskhan? The description seems to hint at it, or maybe that's just how they're describing it since it's two swords... *shrug*

Not terrible. Definitely not what I was expecting.

inb4 Triplade/Tripilt/Trilt considering Gamefreak's fondness of threes...

...just kidding. It'll probably evolve into a coat-of-arms/crest sort of thing. I'm guessing it'll be a drastic change, similar to Magneton -> Magnezone.

Sheriff_K said:
Anyone else wondering if Doublade will be able to attack twice in one turn similar to Mega Kangaskhan? The description seems to hint at it, or maybe that's just how they're describing it since it's two swords... *shrug*

I'd definitely agree with that if it weren't for the name of Mega Kangaskhan's ability "Parental Bond." If it wasn't so specifically named, I'd be in 100% agreement. Then again, there are abilities that do very similar things...you could be on to something!

I hope this is either the last stage or the third stage goes in a wildly different direction. We don't need another Klinklang line where an idea is stretched thin across THREE stages rather than Dugtrio or Gen 1-3 Magneton's two.

Back