(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

For those that complain: Door's right over there.
For those that expected somethin else: I feel ya D':

Personally I thought this Pokemon was very clever on it's first evolution.
Now that I've seen the second one I think it's even more clever how it's evolved into a Coat of Arms sort of thing. It gives this object Pokemon a bit more meaning. It might even be important to the story.

Sheriff_K said:
Anyone else wondering if Doublade will be able to attack twice in one turn similar to Mega Kangaskhan? The description seems to hint at it, or maybe that's just how they're describing it since it's two swords... *shrug*

Unless it gets it as a hidden ability, it is probably going to be an attack since 6th gen Pokémon can not Mega-evolve.

A simple but effective and beautiful design. Since my wish didn't come true and I'm a big fan of Castlevania, I now dream for yet another evolution that will be like my previous wish:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101204044740/castlevania/images/f/f8/Spectralswordlv1-1-.gif

I'm sorry, but since the new rumours' thread was closed and I've arrived late to the "party", I'll make a little comment here.
Since watching Princess Mononoke, I've wanted to see a boar covered in moss (and an Deer, and Sawsbuck is beautiful) and Nature themed. I like Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine and Emboar but neither of those are Grass-type so, despite being a rumour, I really hope that there's a Grass boar.
The ghost spider, badger and porcupine seem fine to me.
About Bunnelby's evolution...If it's true I expect something wicked like Patrat's eyes. O.O

784f174a29f60dcdfca6e11.gif

Remember -any bit of fiction/story/game involving swordfights- and how there is bound to show up an over-the-top-badass character wielding two swords simultaneously at some point in?

Yeah. The point I'm going for is that unlike the other "mitosis"-pokemon (Weezing, Dugtrio, Dodrio, Magneton, Klang, Vanilluxe, Deino), we should have seen this one coming!

I love how the cases are a single piece attached to a thing that might as well be there to latch onto some warriors back so he can pull 2 swords from his back.

: DD

TokenDuelist said:
Now that I've seen the second one I think it's even more clever how it's evolved into a Coat of Arms sort of thing. It gives this object Pokemon a bit more meaning. It might even be important to the story.

It now has more chances of having an evolution and with a shield!

That was really unexpected.. I do hope it will turn out like magneton and doublade will get it's final evolution in future generation

Not what I was expecting but I can't wait to see it move! I like the name and the design. The pink is interesting. :3 I love ghost possessed swords and I can't wait to see who wields these in the anime.

I kind of like it. I think we are supposed to think of it as 2 swords possessed by 1 ghost, rather than 2 possessed swords coming together. Hoping to see some better pictures of it unsheathed soon, I'm wondering how it holds the sheath now that it has 2 hands

It seems to be going in the direction of a third evolution. Some people say a coat of arms, but I think I would like to have a third sword, just so I can name it Zoro and have it three sword style all Pokemon. haha

Yup... well... eeh... The violet is nice... I guess... It does fit in the tradition...
There is definitely more work put into this one than the likes of Magneton and Dugtrio. For a duplication evolution there are a lot of changes, at least the swords look slightly different from Honedge and they changed the color to a pinkish violet. Also note how the pattern on the scabbard of Honedge is also visible on the combined scabbards and strange mid-piece of Doublade.

Matty said:
Completely unexpected.

I want the starters' final evolutions. :(

That's a little too major to just toss out on Facebook. That's an article or two in Corocoro in terms of significance.

don()shinobi said:
oh my god it's so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
it's just 2 Honedge glued together

I was so gad to see, for the most part, people on here weren't too unhappy. . . Then saw this.

xD Anyways,
Let's do this really quick like. . .
Ready? We're gonna do some maths! :3

One beldum plus one beldum equals one metang.
One metang plus one metang equals one metagross.
We all know how sick Metagross is. . .
This may very well take the same path.

don()shinobi said:
oh my god it's so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
it's just 2 Honedge glued together

Except there's a third piece behind them that their sheaths are attached to, like a crest. The sheaths themselves have different designs on them. Their hilts have a more menacing, asymmetrical scimitar shape. And of course, the eyes and ribbons are violet instead of blue. Its posture is also different than Honedge, in that the swords appear to be carried in front like an X, with the crest in the middle appearing to be the "body" of the pokemon. With Honedge, the sword was more the "body" and the sheath just got carried off to the side.

Oh thank goodness~ I'm so glad Honedge has an evo-- that means I can use it!

I don't use single-stage pokes (or legendaries) as a rule, so I was really hoping for something like this. If it stopped here, that would be fine by me, but I get the feeling this may be the Klink line of this generation.

Back