(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

Kitana Coldfire said:
If it stopped here, that would be fine by me, but I get the feeling this may be the Klink line of this generation.

And depending on how you take that, that can be a good thing or a bad thing. (Good thing = you like Klink, bad thing = you hate it.)

I myself like the Klink and Magnemite lines, but that's just because I'm a freak. I'm not going to sit down and deny that both of those lines, much like Honedge -> Two Honedges here, could have been designed much better and much less boring.

I have to say I like it...but I didn't expect it to be just a normal evolution, I thought it would have been a starter's evo or an eevo or sth else xD anyway I like it, as someone said, it's a bit different from the other "multiple" evos

bacon said:
Double Edge is the perfect move for this guy. Please evolve by learning Double Edge.

that would do it, and knowing gamefreak if this were its only and final evo it would learn it at lvl. 44 :/

I honestly didn't expect it to have an evolution. And I hope it doesn't evolve again, 2 swords is fine :p

(Though I have nothing against San-To-Ryu.)

Noooo

GameFreak needs to stop making evolutions just be multiples of previous evolutions. I didn't like it with Magneton, Klank, Dugtrio, or anyone else, and I'm not thrilled about it now :(

Although I was also hoping for a suit of armour, I already thought it wouldn't happen. I am actually happy with its design. I quite like Doublade. :D I will definitely have it in my team. With the changes to what Steel resists it will have a few more weaknesses than we thought before, but that's fine with me.

I like the design except for the pink colour! I would rather see it in maybe a royal purple like in the example I put together below.

tumblr_mtozug3tqO1sjzvjuo1_1280.jpg

I still think Honedge is a bad name, and Doublade is pretty much as well. I fully understand the meaning, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue.

The evolution makes sense (wielding 2 swords instead of 1 makes sense, just like how it makes sense that Magnemites stick together like magnets and become Magneton), though a Sword + Shield Pokemon would've been better. Or perhaps it gets 2 different evolutions? Doublade for high attack and low defense, and Singlade (same style of name), which wields a single sword with a shield, for low attack and high defense?

I keep on thinking Honedge's name is said "Hone-hedge", which reminds me of Stonehenge.
So is it said like Hon(hun)-edge, or Hone-dge?

For Doublade I'm guessing is Doo-blade, because Dub-lade sounds dumber.

I say at least the swords could have grew longer, taking a master sword design but they still look chibi and stubby. Maybe a third evolution will change the look drastically. It was cool with the first generation because by then no one knew of pokemon, so I guess it can be considered orginal, but 5 generations later it can be considered kind of lazy :p

I like him though.

Blob55: Due to your speculation of pronounciation, it'll be better, if the Pokémon name was “Twinblade”; then, if it evolves once more into a 3 sword, it could be Triplade, but I personally prefer double the amount then the previous (did someone of you read Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michale Scott?); what about Quadrublade?
Anyways, it was really unexpected revela and personally… I don't like it. I'm disappointed.

If it has a third stage, perhaps it will have a red coloration. Blue > Purple/Magenta > Red seems like a logical sequence.

But I like the purple myself. If it stops here, I'd be fine with that.

GamerXYZ said:
I still think Honedge is a bad name, and Doublade is pretty much as well. I fully understand the meaning, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue.

The evolution makes sense (wielding 2 swords instead of 1 makes sense, just like how it makes sense that Magnemites stick together like magnets and become Magneton), though a Sword + Shield Pokemon would've been better. Or perhaps it gets 2 different evolutions? Doublade for high attack and low defense, and Singlade (same style of name), which wields a single sword with a shield, for low attack and high defense?

It does sound weird, depending on pronunciation. My mind gets all hipster and thinks its "duh-blade", since that is how dou- in double sounds.

If it does get a 3rd evolution, which I hope it will, I wouldn't mind a coat of arms.

Kitana Coldfire said:
If it has a third stage, perhaps it will have a red coloration. Blue > Purple/Magenta > Red seems like a logical sequence.

But I like the purple myself. If it stops here, I'd be fine with that.

It's not purple though, it's pink(honestly, it reminds me of Gogurt.. >_<)! I for one would love it if it becomes Lavender, my favorite color... :p

Doublade is pink?
Ghost/Fairy typing confirmed.

It will join the other pink Pokemon in the ranks of manliness.

Back