(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

oakbark said:
They needed Yveltal to look like a Y, that's why it looks stupid. They could've done much better with the design.

Yveltal's entire body is Y shaped. Just saying.

Xerneas is the one that doesn't resemble its theme, or at least not from that trailer. And before you guys bring this up, the X's in its (her?) eyes is NOT significant enough, you wouldn't be able to see them well from a complete shot of Xerneas' body. I blame the pose they used in the trailer, its forelegs were too close together making the front of its body look like a Y, if they had it pose with its forelegs spread out (maybe in a sort of pouncing position or something), then it would've looked more like an X.

Samurott4Ever said:
Will we be able to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y not on the 3DS? Or are they 3DS exclusive?

3DS exclusive. If you don't have one, I highly suggest you save up your money now.

Samurott4Ever said:
Will we be able to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y not on the 3DS? Or are they 3DS exclusive?

They will be for the 3DS alone

The names are cool, but man those are hard to pronounce and even harder to spell haha. They both sound pretty important, which is the point. I feel like X is the more manly name though. Y sounds like the more feminine name to me.

Bolt the Cat said:
oakbark said:
They needed Yveltal to look like a Y, that's why it looks stupid. They could've done much better with the design.

Xerneas is the one that doesn't resemble its theme, or at least not from that trailer. And before you guys bring this up, the X's in its (her?) eyes is NOT significant enough, you wouldn't be able to see them well from a complete shot of Xerneas' body. I blame the pose they used in the trailer, its forelegs were too close together making the front of its body look like a Y, if they had it pose with its forelegs spread out (maybe in a sort of pouncing position or something), then it would've looked more like an X.

Samurott4Ever said:

3DS exclusive. If you don't have one, I highly suggest you save up your money now.

I suppose they should fix that X's body in the film, but to be frank, it's not that hard to assume with the big horns and the odd looking legs. You can tell it's looks like the letter "X".

Bolt the Cat said:

I know, I meant that in their efforts to create a Y-shaped pokemon, they made the pokemon look a little weird.

And Xerneas does look like an X - if it spreads its front legs apart, the profile is X-shaped.

Re: RE: (1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Samurott4Ever said:

I don't know how to answer that.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 to planet earth.

DasMisfits said:
Samurott4Ever said:

I personally don't think so. They didn't say anything about DS, just 3DS.

Samurott4Ever said:

No, the games will be for the 3DS only. Games are usually released for the newest consoles, and Pokemon is no exception. The days of DS pokemon games is likely over.

However, it's still unclear what sort of backwards compatibility will be in the new games. Hopefully, there'll be a way to migrate pokemon from your old DS games.

Aquapulse said:
DasMisfits said:

I personally don't think so. They didn't say anything about DS, just 3DS. I could be wrong, of course. Only time will tell.

The 3DS cartridges don't fit in a regular DS.

The days of ANY decent DS games releases are over. Actually there only seem to be five unreleased DS games: http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/nds?filter=latest

It's time to move on, man. Do they still release GBA games? Yeah.

Yesterday, Nintendo held a special Nintendo Direct presentation specifically to announce a brand new Pokémon game. Launching worldwide (minus a few countries) in October of 2013 is Pokémon X and Y exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.
So, what does this new announcement mean for the Nintendo 3DS? It practically guarantees its long-term success.
- Source

If the games were made 3DS exclusive as soon as the system came out then maybe sales wouldn't have been so poor to begin with.

This is awesome news. However even though they are going to be on the 3DS will they be playable on the DSL DSi or DSiXL? I am asking because all I have is the DSL and cannot get the 3DS at all. It is too high XD. Thanks.:)

With the advent of these games, I hope that the anime sees some changes. It would be amazing if the anime became CGI to reflect the changes in the game.

xxashxx said:
This is awesome news. However even though they are going to be on the 3DS will they be playable on the DSL DSi or DSiXL? I am asking because all I have is the DSL and cannot get the 3DS at all. It is too high XD. Thanks.:)

They are 3DS exclusive.

Why do we have to run around with this question? YES they will only be for 3ds!!!! Start saving or trade in your dsi now

So they will not be playable of the regular DS's? This would be the first ones I would not be able to get if that is the case XD.:(

Back