(1) X/Y Rumor Roundup and Clarifications [6/15]

Since E3 pretty much confirmed everything that your source told you, then it should be assumed that everything that the source has said should be taken as fact.
Hello Espurr and Meowstick.

I kind of wish your source wasn't so vague, not to sound greedy but I would have at least liked a description of what the starter evos look like.

I think you are right about the riding Pokémon rumour. It does say you can't ride on your own Pokémon, so really it's not wrong.

Also a good chunk of that stuff was just confirmed this past week, so I'd think it be safe to assume it's all real.

The only problem I see is where it says there will be 2 rivals, when it is shown that we have 4 friends (including alternate gender). I had a theory that maybe 2 of the trainers were not really set on battling Pokémon, so maybe they won't end up being considered rivals. Tierno as he wants to have a dancing team and Trevor seems more focused on observation.

"Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game."

I just noticed this line for the first time.
What the heck?
Does it mean "starter" as in one of the starters you didn't get to pick, or simply whatever the rival started out with?

I would understand if this was the same thing as "you get a Kanto starter", since this rival would give you their Charizard or whatever and it'd make sense.

There should be a "Rumor Roundup" tab for people, with the link in the same section as "Main Page", and "Forums".
I regular Macrumors, and they have that feature. Would be really useful, since this article is just going to be bumped down, and people will start asking again in a few weeks.

And isn't Smash airing soon? I can never remember what time it airs in Japan, let alone what time that is here...

Mitja said:
"Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game."

I just noticed this line for the first time.
What the heck?
Does it mean "starter" as in one of the starters you didn't get to pick, or simply whatever the rival started out with?

I would understand if this was the same thing as "you get a Kanto starter", since this rival would give you their Charizard or whatever and it'd make sense.

I'm pretty sure it means their fully evolved Kalos starter.
Since it's the friendlier rival, I can see them having the starter you're super effective against.
I'm also slightly confident the starter giving rival is Shauna... She's said to be friendly, and I've got a feeling Serena/Calem will be your more serious rival.
So
If you picked Chespin, rival gives you Froakie's evo
If Fennekin is picked, you get Chespin's evo
and if you start with the gorgeous Froakie, you get Fennekin's evo.
now I'm just praying that their starter is female, for breeding

on the subject of the Rival-starter thing...
One idea I now have is that you, Shauna and Calem/Serena get the Kalos starters, sent by Patrice, and Trevor and Tierno have 2 of the Kanto starters, that have been sent from Sycamore.
Then you go on with them for so long, and then you meet Sycamore in person in Lumiose or wherever, and decides 'You're a strong trainer! Can you take care of this Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle for me?' and then you say yes and all that.
On how they're distributed:
Player: Fennekin - Chespin - Froakie
Serena: Froakie - Fennekin - Chespin
Shauna: Chespin - Froakie - Fennekin
Tierno: Charmander - Bulbasaur - Squirtle
Trevor: Squirtle - Charmander - Bulbasaur
If you pick Fennekin, you recieve Bulbasaur. If you pick Chespin, you get Squirtle. If you pick King Gorgeous (Froakie) you get Charmander.

This way you're super effective against 1 rival, same type as one, and weak to 2. To compensate, you could get the remaining Kanto starter early on in game. (second town, I'm thinking)

edit: I'm really glad your source is legit, some of the rumours there are nice!
Now we wait for Inkay.

I'm glad your source was legit. I never doubted it but it's nice for it to be actually confirmed.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
It would help if you only posted confirmed stuff, not speculation or unconfirmed leaks.

He made notes next to everything that is confirmed already, and the other info is the post as reference Im sure- in case its confirmed before the releases.

P.DelSlayer said:
... and Trevor and Tierno have 2 of the Kanto starters, that have been sent from Sycamore.
Then you go on with them for so long, and then you meet Sycamore in person in Lumiose or wherever, and decides 'You're a strong trainer! Can you take care of this Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle for me?' and then you say yes and all that.

Thats what I was thinking, given how there is 5 trainers and 6 starters. Would make sense since youd get one of each set.

I never really doubted this info, its pretty much all fact at this point. :p

The one thing that confuses me though is that the information says you get two rivals, but there are four friends. Shauna, Trevor, Tierno, and Calem/Serena. Assuming that Calem/Serena will be your one main rival, who of the other three is the second rival? Trevor seems to be the only one that looks like he would be taking his Pokemon training seriously, by the description. "Bursts with curiosity about the world around him. He’s an excellent student, and very competitive, wanting to be the first of the group to complete his Pokédex." The other two just want to dream or dance.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
It would help if you only posted confirmed stuff, not speculation or unconfirmed leaks.

If WPM waited only for confirmed stuff, we may as well just keep refreshing at the official X/Y website for official news. The entire reason I come to Pokebeach is to look at the reliable information before its revealed, isn't that the whole point? If he didn't post it, it would have taken a lot longer to find out the news officially and im grateful for that. If I didn't want (partially illegal) insider information, I would have stayed only with Serebii. (not that Serebii is bad, I use it a lot, but Pokebeach is the first thing I check if I want news. I go to Serebii for things like dex info and game mechanics.)

Besides, all of the news drama that comes with leakes is kinda interesting.

That immunity to dragons still bugs me and makes no sense but I hope they rethought things....also i did some calculations.....a hydreigon lv 50 with 152 hp is one with 0 ev and iv so I put together a gardevoir lv 50 with 0 iv and ev in spatk and tried and ifhydreigon is weak x4 to fairy that means the base power of fairy wind is 40 and if not 80-90..ofc I put everything in account STAB included.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Skulblaka_Shur said:

Excuse me?

I think skulblaka was talking to Vinnie. Vinnie said he heard froakie will evolve into a ninja.

ashyboy said:
That immunity to dragons still bugs me and makes no sense but I hope they rethought things....also i did some calculations.....a hydreigon lv 50 with 152 hp is one with 0 ev and iv so I put together a gardevoir lv 50 with 0 iv and ev in spatk and tried and ifhydreigon is weak x4 to fairy that means the base power of fairy wind is 40 and if not 80-90..ofc I put everything in account STAB included.

40 sounds correct (and is the case with the fairy weakness for dark probably being real) given how Fairy wind is presented as an exaple of a casual Fairy move.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Skulblaka_Shur said:

Excuse me?

I believe he was talking to the person who said froakie's evolution will evolve into a ninja, or he was talking to you about the original post of information, where the whole parabolic charge dealio could have just been a coincidence.

Back