3DS Discussion Thread

I only have 1 more game to get till I have everything I want 3DS wise. I just got LoZ OOT 3DS and it looks AMAZING. I already have the game on N64 and on my Wii but the 3DS one looks sooooo amazing. Just got to Zelda the first time...I have 2 LoZ games going at the same time xD. I have Skyward Sword and OOT to complete now O_O

catutie said:
I only have 1 more game to get till I have everything I want 3DS wise. I just got LoZ OOT 3DS and it looks AMAZING. I already have the game on N64 and on my Wii but the 3DS one looks sooooo amazing. Just got to Zelda the first time...I have 2 LoZ games going at the same time xD. I have Skyward Sword and OOT to complete now O_O

I would complete Skyward Sword first, hintity hint hint.

I've been playing Pokemon Rumble Blast latley and I have to say it makes good usage of the 3D feature, more specificly, the parts where you switch into another Pokemon and the part where one of your Pokemon faints and goes back to the screen.

EDIT: In no way am I saying Skyward Sword is better, it's a prequel OOT, which is why it needs to be completed first.

OoT > SS sorry Skyward Sword fans OoT is just..... OoT lol

I'll probably be getting MK7 soon :D hope I get my mastery or MK Wii rubbed off on MK7 :3

Just a heads up for those that don't know, anyone who is a Club Nintendo member can redeem 3D Classics Xevious for 100 coins, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis Mayhem for 150 coins. To do this, go to your Club Nintendo account, and redeem whichever game you'd like in the rewards section. From there you'll receive a code to redeem the game with, that you put in on the Nintendo E-Shop.

There are also 2 Wii games, but I don't know what they are off hand.

This offer lasts until January 8th or 10th, iirc.

To clarify a few things:
  • Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is only available to be redeemed on the 3DS, not the DSi (though, this is a 3DS thread)
  • Registering your 3DS on Club Nintendo will give you 160 coins, enough to get one of these
  • Super Mario Kart on Wii VC is 100 coins, and Fluidity on WiiWare is 150 coins (these are the Wii games)
  • These all apparently go off the site on the 10th, after which we'll have new ones (at least, it seems like that)

My fave 3ds game is Mario Kart 7 followed by Zelda Ocarina. Join My communities!! Oh and was Mario a Donkey Kong Character or the other way round.

I think Donkey Kong was a Mario character bec Mario came first xP.....

I want MK7 ;-; but I've already decided to spend my money on a Next Destines box.... so no MK7 until spring for me :/

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I think Donkey Kong was a Mario character bec Mario came first xP....

I want MK7 ;-; but I've already decided to spend my money on a Next Destines box.... so no MK7 until spring for me :/

Technically, Donkey Kong would be his own character if Donkey Kong Jr. didn't happen, as Donkey Kong 1 had Mario as Jumpman. But Mario was explicitly in Donkey Kong Jr., making him a Donkey Kong character. Kinda.

Been playing a lot of MK7 lately. Love, love, love the track design. I'm going for the golden wheel, so I've playing in first-person mode for a while. It works on nearly every course, and even improves your performance on Rainbow Road (since you're willing to take more risks). But then there's the section after the tube on said track that can barely be done in first person.

O.O what's the rainbow road like!?!? is it harder than MK Super Circuit's Rainbow road? I must know (spoilers are going to ruin the game for me =P.... idc though XD lol)

I don't get that problem. It's probably your eyes. If you turn on the 3D track, and play with 3D for two hours, well, it affects your health, sadly, badly.

If that contiunes again, go see the doctor. The reason I didn't want a 3DS is because of the dangers of the 3D-ness...

BunnyBuner said:
Is it just me or when sometimes you play the 3DS, its really blurry and makes you dizzy???

Are you tilting and moving the 3DS in odd directions while you have the 3D on? I don't know about dizziness (if you just got in the past week, give it a few more days and it should subside), but that's the cause of blurriness and double vision on the screen.

I just got a 3ds the other day. Went in to get a DS but of course left the shop with a 3DS.
I only have DS games at the moment, pokemon black and harvest moon a tale of two cities.

Which is the first 3DS game I should get? Are there any tactics RPGs?

btw, here is a neat video on how the 3ds screen works. It's simpler than you may have imagined.

BunnyBuner said:
Is it just me or when sometimes you play the 3DS, its really blurry and makes you dizzy???

Not to be blunt, but dizziness usually means you've been playing the system too frequently or too long and need to take a break from it. Also, it could mean you're experiencing some motion sickness caused by playing video games in general. That's one of the reasons why Health and Safety information is included when you buy these systems new. Others are that it could lead to further problems such as disorientation, eye strain, etc.

As for the blurriness, either try and look at the screen from a better angle (like Chariblaze mentioned) or simply turn the 3D effect off altogether. I'm new to playing the 3DS and only have two games (Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3D Land), but I'd presume that most games for the system allow you to play either in 3D or 2D.

surix said:
I just got a 3ds the other day. Went in to get a DS but of course left the shop with a 3DS.
I only have DS games at the moment, pokemon black and harvest moon a tale of two cities.

Which is the first 3DS game I should get? Are there any tactics RPGs?

btw, here is a neat video on how the 3ds screen works. It's simpler than you may have imagined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6rtfedFlk
:D

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-RPGs-Nintendo-DS/lm/R2A12OO4OQV1TL That's a decent start. Not too many 3DS exclusive ones yet, but there is a Fire Emblem on the way.

Chariblaze said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6rtfedFlk
:D

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-RPGs-Nintendo-DS/lm/R2A12OO4OQV1TL That's a decent start. Not too many 3DS exclusive ones yet, but there is a Fire Emblem on the way.

Thanks, I think I'll get Hoshigami remix. Wish there was a good one in 3D though.

I actually have a permanent scratch at the top of my screen because of that raised area, but it's small. I don't really care and just put a cloth between it, but I was rage when I first saw it. happened like a day after I bought it. You can't see it when you're playing, so it isn't a problem.

edi: I misspelled you're :l

I used to get sick playing Gameboy Pokemon Ruby for too long. I haven't gotten sick though with the 3DS though ever, it always felt comfortable for me, I usually just assumed that if it happened instantly, it was user error.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
O.O what's the rainbow road like!?!? is it harder than MK Super Circuit's Rainbow road? I must know (spoilers are going to ruin the game for me =P.... idc though XD lol)

Rainbow Road on MK7 = The best Rainbow Road to date

Lucky Fire said:
I don't get that problem. It's probably your eyes. If you turn on the 3D track, and play with 3D for two hours, well, it affects your health, sadly, badly.

If that contiunes again, go see the doctor. The reason I didn't want a 3DS is because of the dangers of the 3D-ness...

Actually when I first got it I was very VERY dizzy and my eyes hurt badly...but now I actually got used to it and I can actually clock like...4-7 hours of 3D and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not endorsing playing it in 3D till you get used to it...but I'm just saying that is what I did...

Hmmmm I'm gonna have to hold off on games for a bit. All I need is Starfox 3D anyway and then I have every game I wanted on the 3DS :D

Most people say that the 3D seems awkward at first, but your eyes will get used to it (it's true, I own one). The people incessantly babbling about how it will make your eyes mental, are morons. It does, obviously, strain your eyes much more, but it won't destroy your vision any more than a normal screen will. You just have to play it for less time, it's called moderation :U

Rainbow Road on 3DS is cool beans. I'm not sure if it tops DD, but it is swwweeeett anyways so who cares how it ranks against other ones. Just enjoy it :S

Also, love how you can hear remixed versions of DD's Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road in the 3DS versions. NOSTALGIA ON DAT

Back